Greg Leman

Default Jacksonville Sauce?

Could someone from Jacksonville, FL help me out? We carry a sauce called
"Rumboggies" -- it's a mustard based Q sauce made in Jacksonville. Our
distributor has dropped the product, and I can't find the company that makes
it. The only information on the bottle is Rumboggies Sauce Co., Pumpkin
Hill Rd., Jacksonville, FL 32226. There's no phone number and they don't
appear to have a working web site. The FL Corporation database doesn't have
them listed.

Does anyone have a phone number or know the name of the people that make
this? Evidently it's available in stores in FL.

--
Greg Leman
Carolina Sauce Company, Inc.

Kevin S. Wilson

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 18:16:17 GMT, "Greg Leman"
> wrote:

>Could someone from Jacksonville, FL help me out? We carry a sauce called
>"Rumboggies" -- it's a mustard based Q sauce made in Jacksonville. Our
>distributor has dropped the product, and I can't find the company that makes
>it. The only information on the bottle is Rumboggies Sauce Co., Pumpkin
>Hill Rd., Jacksonville, FL 32226. There's no phone number and they don't
>appear to have a working web site. The FL Corporation database doesn't have
>them listed.
>
>Does anyone have a phone number or know the name of the people that make
>this? Evidently it's available in stores in FL.

Here' the address of a restaurant called Rumboggies Fat Buddies BBQ.

5519 W Moncrief Rd
Jacksonville, FL 32219
904.766.1417

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
pilgrim13

"Greg Leman" > wrote in message .com>...
> Could someone from Jacksonville, FL help me out? We carry a sauce called
> "Rumboggies" -- it's a mustard based Q sauce made in Jacksonville. Our
> distributor has dropped the product, and I can't find the company that makes
> it. The only information on the bottle is Rumboggies Sauce Co., Pumpkin
> Hill Rd., Jacksonville, FL 32226. There's no phone number and they don't
> appear to have a working web site. The FL Corporation database doesn't have
> them listed.
>
> Does anyone have a phone number or know the name of the people that make
> this? Evidently it's available in stores in FL.

By your signature line, you do!!!

At least a google of rumboggies brought me to a yahoo page and for $4.50 a bottle.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?X50922DA8

Stan
Greg Leman

"pilgrim13" > wrote in message
om...
> "Greg Leman" > wrote in message

.com>...
> > Could someone from Jacksonville, FL help me out? We carry a sauce

called
> > "Rumboggies" -- it's a mustard based Q sauce made in Jacksonville. Our
> > distributor has dropped the product, and I can't find the company that

makes
> > it. The only information on the bottle is Rumboggies Sauce Co., Pumpkin
> > Hill Rd., Jacksonville, FL 32226. There's no phone number and they

don't
> > appear to have a working web site. The FL Corporation database doesn't

have
> > them listed.
> >
> > Does anyone have a phone number or know the name of the people that make
> > this? Evidently it's available in stores in FL.

> By your signature line, you do!!!
>
> At least a google of rumboggies brought me to a yahoo page and for $4.50 a

bottle.

> http://makeashorterlink.com/?X50922DA8
>
> Stan

Yep, that's my site. My problem is that although we sell it, our supplier
has dropped it so I need to find the original company and they don't seem to
be easy to find. I've only got a few cases left and will either have to
drop it or find a new supplier.

--
Greg Leman
Carolina Sauce Company, Inc.
http://www.carolinasauce.com
A wide variety of sauces and specialty foods over the web.

Greg Leman

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message

> WTF is Brand Mustard? Do they mean Mustard Bran?

You can thank lawyers for that. It's probably French's Mustard, but they
can't mention a trademark in their ingredient list so the standard industry
practice is to say "Brand _____".

You'd be surprised at how many companies use other brand items in their
commercial recipes. You'll often see "Hot Sauce (Ingredient list...) and
from the ingredient list you can tell it's Frank's or Texas Pete. I know a
co-packer that purchases Texas Pete by the truckload in 45 gallon drums.

--
Greg Leman
Carolina Sauce Company, Inc.
http://www.carolinasauce.com
A wide variety of sauces and specialty foods over the web.

Kevin S. Wilson

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 16:34:09 GMT, "Greg Leman"
> wrote:

>Yep, that's my site. My problem is that although we sell it, our supplier
>has dropped it so I need to find the original company and they don't seem to
>be easy to find. I've only got a few cases left and will either have to
>drop it or find a new supplier.

Did you see my post containing a phone number for a Rumboggie's
restaurant in the same town? I would guess they are the bottlers of
the sauce, at least in name.

Rumboggies Fat Buddies BBQ
5519 W Moncrief Rd
Jacksonville, FL 32219
904.766.1417
--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
"Anything, when cooked in large enough batches, will be vile."
--Dag Right-square-bracket-gren, in alt.religion.kibology
Greg Leman

"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 16:34:09 GMT, "Greg Leman"
> > wrote:
>
> >Yep, that's my site. My problem is that although we sell it, our

supplier
> >has dropped it so I need to find the original company and they don't seem

> >be easy to find. I've only got a few cases left and will either have to
> >drop it or find a new supplier.

> Did you see my post containing a phone number for a Rumboggie's
> restaurant in the same town? I would guess they are the bottlers of
> the sauce, at least in name.
>
> Rumboggies Fat Buddies BBQ
> 5519 W Moncrief Rd
> Jacksonville, FL 32219
> 904.766.1417

Yes, I did. Thank you! I made contact with them today. The son runs the
restaurant, and his father handles the sauce. I should be hearing from the
father soon.

> --
> Kevin S. Wilson
> Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
> "Anything, when cooked in large enough batches, will be vile."
> --Dag Right-square-bracket-gren, in alt.religion.kibology

--
Greg Leman
Carolina Sauce Company, Inc.
http://www.carolinasauce.com
A wide variety of sauces and specialty foods over the web.

SWIBIRUN

5519 W Moncrief Rd
Jacksonville, FL 32219
904.766.1417

Holy Smokes! I used to live in Jax until 4 years ago.....Moncrief Rd....that
is an area that most "white folks" would not go, or at least after dark, but I
did. On almost any weekend you can find a church or community bbq fund raiser
that would make your mouth water for days. I might have to order some of this
sauce myself!
L. Cook

"Greg Leman" > wrote in message
. com...
> Could someone from Jacksonville, FL help me out? We carry a sauce called
> "Rumboggies" -- it's a mustard based Q sauce made in Jacksonville. Our
> distributor has dropped the product, and I can't find the company that

makes
> it. The only information on the bottle is Rumboggies Sauce Co., Pumpkin
> Hill Rd., Jacksonville, FL 32226. There's no phone number and they don't
> appear to have a working web site. The FL Corporation database doesn't

have
> them listed.
>
> Does anyone have a phone number or know the name of the people that make
> this? Evidently it's available in stores in FL.
>

> --
> Greg Leman
> Carolina Sauce Company, Inc.
> http://www.carolinasauce.com
> A wide variety of sauces and specialty foods over the web.

I had a similar problem with a hot sauce that came from Hawaii, called
Hawaiian Hot Sauce from NOH foods. I plugged this data in google and
without a whole lot of trouble I located their web site (just about
everybody has one nowadays) and ended up ordering several bottles. My wife
wanted it, and it was a challenge. Anyway, give that meathod a try--can't
hurt.

M&M

> "Greg Leman" > wrote in message
> . com...
> > Could someone from Jacksonville, FL help me out? We carry a sauce
> > called
> > "Rumboggies" -- it's a mustard based Q sauce made in Jacksonville. Our
> > distributor has dropped the product, and I can't find the company that

> makes
> > it. The only information on the bottle is Rumboggies Sauce Co., Pumpkin
> > Hill Rd., Jacksonville, FL 32226. There's no phone number and they
> > don't
> > appear to have a working web site. The FL Corporation database doesn't

> have
> > them listed.
> >
> > Does anyone have a phone number or know the name of the people that make
> > this? Evidently it's available in stores in FL.
> >

> > --
> > Greg Leman
> > Carolina Sauce Company, Inc.
> > http://www.carolinasauce.com
> > A wide variety of sauces and specialty foods over the web.

Try giving this guy a call. Maybe he knows something.

Henry Robert Barbecue Sauce Company
Jacksonville, FL 32202
904-924-1436

M&M(When you're grasping at straws, make sure you grasp
all of them you can reach)(When the airplane is falling and the
pilot calls for an electrician, he doesn't give a shit if the most
qualified man only ever changed a light bulb.)