Bob

Default Anyone inject with wine?

I usually inject pork butts with apple juice. It helps keep them moist.

Am fixin to que a turk-bird this week end and wonder about injectin it with
some mild white wine to help keep it moist.

Anyone done this? How did it work?

Thanks, Bob

Edwin Pawlowski

"Bob" > wrote in message
link.net...
> I usually inject pork butts with apple juice. It helps keep them moist.
>
> Am fixin to que a turk-bird this week end and wonder about injectin it

with
> some mild white wine to help keep it moist.
>
> Anyone done this? How did it work?

Works as well as any other liquid. You can add other seasonings as well if
desired.
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

K. Reece

"Bob" > wrote in message
link.net...
> I usually inject pork butts with apple juice. It helps keep them moist.
>
> Am fixin to que a turk-bird this week end and wonder about injectin it

with
> some mild white wine to help keep it moist.
>
> Anyone done this? How did it work?
>
> Thanks, Bob

My ex mil used to baste the turkeys with wine. The white wine basted turkey
was one of the best she ever made. I'll bet it would be even better
injected.

Kathy

bk

We have used red wine with chickens in a beer chicken method. Works very
well.

Have basted many a turkey with red wine and their great. A bit rosy too.
Have never used white wine, cause it's not around. We only drink red.

link.net...