Neighbor Dave

Default What does it really take?

Howdy all,
I've lurked about for a few years off and on and just thought I'd
stick my nose in and say equipment is really secondary if you just
have the time and patience. If you don't think so take a look at this.

http://www.irondesert.com/fileq

Neighbor Dave
"Beer is proof that God loves us
and wants us to be happy"
Reg

Neighbor Dave wrote:

> Howdy all,
> I've lurked about for a few years off and on and just thought I'd
> stick my nose in and say equipment is really secondary if you just
> have the time and patience. If you don't think so take a look at this.
>
> http://www.irondesert.com/fileq
>
> Neighbor Dave
> "Beer is proof that God loves us
> and wants us to be happy"

I got a thrill out of seeing your file cabinet smoker. I use
them myself and it's always fun to see similar creations.

I use them in cold smokers. Cut a few holes in it, hook up the smoker
generator to it and it's ready to go. Old file cabinets are cheap and
plentiful thanks to the dot-com bust. I use them for about a year
then just replace them.

Neighbor Dave > wrote:
> Howdy all,
> I've lurked about for a few years off and on and just thought I'd
> stick my nose in and say equipment is really secondary if you just
> have the time and patience. If you don't think so take a look at this.
>
> http://www.irondesert.com/fileq

Neighbor Dave, your rig shows what has been posted here many times over the
years, perhaps during your 'off' periods, namely that good Q can be made
in/on anything. Certainly a better use for the file cabinet than in some
lawyer's office!

BTW The ribs look great. Ship me some and I'll judge them!

--
Intuitive insights from Nick, Retired in the San Fernando Valley

http://operationiraqichildren.org/
Nathan Lau

Neighbor Dave wrote:
> Howdy all,
> I've lurked about for a few years off and on and just thought I'd
> stick my nose in and say equipment is really secondary if you just
> have the time and patience. If you don't think so take a look at this.
>
> http://www.irondesert.com/fileq

I wanna make one of those! I have an old steel filing cabinet just
sitting around. How hard is it to cut the bottoms out of the drawers?

--
Aloha,

Nathan Lau
San Jose, CA

#include <std.disclaimer>

Kevin S. Wilson

On Thu, 27 May 2004 14:41:58 -0700, "Duwop" >

>> Neighbor Dave > wrote:
>>> Howdy all,
>>> I've lurked about for a few years off and on and just thought I'd
>>> stick my nose in and say equipment is really secondary if you just
>>> have the time and patience. If you don't think so take a look at
>>> this.
>>>
>>> http://www.irondesert.com/fileq

>One of Frohe's bywords is "it's the cook, stupid".
>Unfortunately we're kinda stoopid round here and often get the words mixed
>up.

"It's the stupid. Cook."

That doesn't make sense.

"It's the stupid cook."

Better.
--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a university somewhere in Idaho
Kevin S. Wilson

On Thu, 27 May 2004 21:51:15 GMT, Nathan Lau
> wrote:

>I wanna make one of those! I have an old steel filing cabinet just
>sitting around. How hard is it to cut the bottoms out of the drawers?

I'm a big fan of pointing out the obvious, ever since a high-school
pal neglected to tell me I was backing into a deep ditch because he
thought I knew the ditch was there. That said, take a look at the
drawers first. Maybe they bolt together.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a university somewhere in Idaho
"Who put these fingerprints on my imagination?"
Dana Myers

Neighbor Dave wrote:

> Howdy all,
> I've lurked about for a few years off and on and just thought I'd
> stick my nose in and say equipment is really secondary if you just
> have the time and patience.

Amen. As long as you understand how heat, smoke and meat
work, there's a lot of ways to bring them together that
work.

Dana

"Duwop" > wrote:
> wrote:
> > Neighbor Dave > wrote:
> >> Howdy all,
> >> I've lurked about for a few years off and on and just thought I'd
> >> stick my nose in and say equipment is really secondary if you just
> >> have the time and patience. If you don't think so take a look at
> >> this.

http://www.irondesert.com/fileq

> One of Frohe's bywords is "it's the cook, stupid".
> Unfortunately we're kinda stoopid round here and often get the words
> mixed up.

Hey, D'wop. Why ya put my name at the top of this and then not quote my
words of wisdom? Bruta bestia!

--
Intuitive insights from Nick, Retired in the San Fernando Valley

http://operationiraqichildren.org/
Neighbor Dave

If you've got a plasma cutter it's real easy. I reckon you could use a
sawsall.
I found the cooking grates need to have a frame (1/2" tubing) for support.
The top 2 drawers are for cooking, bottom has the heat, one in-between is
just cut out.
--
Neighbor Dave Fillmore
"Beer is proof God loves us

"Nathan Lau" > wrote in message
m...
> Neighbor Dave wrote:
> > Howdy all,
> > I've lurked about for a few years off and on and just thought I'd
> > stick my nose in and say equipment is really secondary if you just
> > have the time and patience. If you don't think so take a look at this.
> >
> > http://www.irondesert.com/fileq

> I wanna make one of those! I have an old steel filing cabinet just
> sitting around. How hard is it to cut the bottoms out of the drawers?
>
> --
> Aloha,
>
> Nathan Lau
> San Jose, CA
>
> #include <std.disclaimer>

Miranda Writes, Devil's Advocate

, wrote:

>Neighbor Dave > wrote:
>> Howdy all,
>> I've lurked about for a few years off and on and just thought I'd
>> stick my nose in and say equipment is really secondary if you just
>> have the time and patience. If you don't think so take a look at this.

http://www.irondesert.com/fileq

>Neighbor Dave, your rig shows what has been posted here many times over the
>years, perhaps during your 'off' periods, namely that good Q can be made
>in/on anything.

>Certainly a better use for the file cabinet than in some
>lawyer's office!

Phbbbbbbbbbttttt!
Shame on you, Unca Nick.

Miranda