Michael

Default Canadian BBQ SmoKers Association - Scam?

It's hard to believe that people would go to a lot of trouble for only C$25,
but about a year ago I sent a year's dues into the Canadian BBQ Smokers
Association. After about two months the cheque was cashed, but despite
sending numerous emails, I never got so much as a how do you do. If you're
thinking of joining, don't. If you're involved in it, what gives?

web site is http://www.canbbq.com/

Canada Mike

--
personal replies can be sent to me, remove the spam stopper from my address.

Wally Bedford

On Tue, 04 May 2004 00:31:20 GMT, "Michael"
> reported to us:

>It's hard to believe that people would go to a lot of trouble for only C$25,
>but about a year ago I sent a year's dues into the Canadian BBQ Smokers
>Association. After about two months the cheque was cashed, but despite
>sending numerous emails, I never got so much as a how do you do. If you're
>thinking of joining, don't. If you're involved in it, what gives?
>
>web site is http://www.canbbq.com/
>
>Canada Mike

Looks like the guy is an hour down the road from me. Same guy who
owns the domain pretty much takes up the contact page. A phone call
might get some results, if not you can contact the Ontario Ombudsman's
office. If the web site is any indication, I don't think that they
are active. Quite sly if he is still cashing cheques (yes, that's the
way we spell "checks" up here).

HTH,

Wally

"No one has ever had an idea in a dress suit."
Sir Frederick G. Banting
Kevin S. Wilson

On Tue, 04 May 2004 06:35:17 -0400, Wally Bedford
> wrote:

>On Tue, 04 May 2004 00:31:20 GMT, "Michael"
> reported to us:
>
>>It's hard to believe that people would go to a lot of trouble for only C$25,
>>but about a year ago I sent a year's dues into the Canadian BBQ Smokers
>>Association. After about two months the cheque was cashed, but despite
>>sending numerous emails, I never got so much as a how do you do. If you're
>>thinking of joining, don't. If you're involved in it, what gives?
>>
>>web site is http://www.canbbq.com/
>>
>>Canada Mike

>Looks like the guy is an hour down the road from me.

Domain Name: CANBBQ.COM

Administrative Contact:
Jacobson, Bruce (BJ7684)
5 Majestic Court
Brantford, Ontario n3p1n2
CA
519 756 7224

Give him a call.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a university somewhere in Idaho
Duwop

Wally Bedford wrote:
> office. If the web site is any indication, I don't think that they
> are active. Quite sly if he is still cashing cheques (yes, that's the
> way we spell "checks" up here).

Ahhhh, I see. That goes far to explain that whole "Que"bec thing.

Now, what aboot that "oo" ?

Steve Wertz

On Tue, 04 May 2004 14:25:55 -0600, Kevin S. Wilson

http://dns411.com/

>http://www.samspade.org

That link doesn't work for me.

I use the local version of Sam Spade when on Windows:
http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/fil...id,4709,00.asp

But I still prefer the Unix nslookup and whois commands.

-sw
Buzz1

"Michael" > wrote in message
et.cable.rogers.com...
> It's hard to believe that people would go to a lot of trouble for only

C$25,
> but about a year ago I sent a year's dues into the Canadian BBQ Smokers
> Association. After about two months the cheque was cashed, but despite
> sending numerous emails, I never got so much as a how do you do. If you're
> thinking of joining, don't. If you're involved in it, what gives?
>
> web site is http://www.canbbq.com/

s this the same group--It seems they are sponsering a contest this
summer---if it was KCBS rather than
World BBQ would think about making the trip

http://www.canadianbarbecueassociation.com/

Buzz

Harry Demidavicius

On Tue, 4 May 2004 18:10:34 -0500, "Buzz1" >
wrote:

>"Michael" > wrote in message
. net.cable.rogers.com...
>> It's hard to believe that people would go to a lot of trouble for only

>C$25,
>> but about a year ago I sent a year's dues into the Canadian BBQ Smokers
>> Association. After about two months the cheque was cashed, but despite
>> sending numerous emails, I never got so much as a how do you do. If you're
>> thinking of joining, don't. If you're involved in it, what gives?
>>
>> web site is http://www.canbbq.com/
>>

>s this the same group--It seems they are sponsering a contest this
>summer---if it was KCBS rather than
>World BBQ would think about making the trip
>
>http://www.canadianbarbecueassociation.com/
>
>Buzz

The only Class One sanctioned competition in Canada is in Calgary in
the Fall unless something new has arisen somewhere else.
Harry
Canada Mike

My apologies for not having replied to all your help. Long story. I *will*
call the contact number and report.

Thanks to all,
Canada Mike