Louis Cohen

Default Cockie Leekie

Is not a urological condition; it's a Scottish chicken and leek soup:

http://www.foodreference.com/html/fcockaleekie.html

But, it's also a great combination on the grill - chicken pieces (marinated
today in lime juice from our tree and chili powder) and leeks, sliced
lengthwise and drizzled with olive oil, salt, peper, and garlic.

Oscar food.

----
Louis Cohen
Living la vida loca at N37° 43' 7.9" W122° 8' 42.8"

Duwop

Louis Cohen wrote:
> Is not a urological condition; it's a Scottish chicken and leek soup:

Was is accompanied by Crappit Heids?

http://www.foodreference.com/html/fcrappitheids.html

Graeme... in London

"Duwop" > wrote in message
> Louis Cohen wrote:
> > Is not a urological condition; it's a Scottish chicken and leek soup:
> >

> Was is accompanied by Crappit Heids?
>
> http://www.foodreference.com/html/fcrappitheids.html
>

> --

Duwop,

You may laugh, but this dish is absolutely delicious with both haddock and
herring heads. Not only can it be boiled, put is equally good grilled or pan
fried. The addition of crab meat, if available, makes a difference.

Graeme (wondering if Americans trash fish heads?)

Louis Cohen

Fishheads are used in New England for making stock for chowder. In fact,
heads, tails, and bones left after filleting are sold as "chowders".

Cod cheeks and tongues are another New England treat, popular I think in
many cod fishing areas.

I have desalted and grilled salt cod with good results.

----

"Graeme... in London" > wrote in message

> "Duwop" > wrote in message
> > Louis Cohen wrote:
> > > Is not a urological condition; it's a Scottish chicken and leek soup:
> > >

> > Was is accompanied by Crappit Heids?
> >
> > http://www.foodreference.com/html/fcrappitheids.html
> >

> > --
> >

> Duwop,
>
> You may laugh, but this dish is absolutely delicious with both haddock and
> herring heads. Not only can it be boiled, put is equally good grilled or

pan
> fried. The addition of crab meat, if available, makes a difference.
>
> Graeme (wondering if Americans trash fish heads?)

Twangdaddy

>Subject: Cockie Leekie
>From: "Louis Cohen"

>Cockie Leekie

>Is not a urological condition; it's a Scottish chicken and leek soup:

Well I'm glad to hear that Louis, I was about to suggest you marinade yourself
for 48 hours with a penicillin & garlic rub. ;-)

best regards,

ron@cafemojo

PS - Sadly the CafeMojo BBQ Tiki Shack & Blues Emporium in Lakeside, VA no
longer exists. It was smashed flater than a pancake by a huge oak tree thanks
to Hurricane Isabel, September 2003.