Dot Matrix

Default Compassion

"Compassion for animals is intimately connected with goodness of
character; and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to
animals cannot be a good [person]." -- Arthur Schopenhauer

"True benevolence, or compassion, extends itself through the whole of
existence and sympathises with the distress of every creature capable
of sensation." -- Joseph Addison

"The whole idea of compassion is based on a keen awareness of the
interdependence of all these living beings, which are all part of one
another, and all involved in one another." -- Thomas Merton

"The nobler a soul is, the more objects of compassion it hath." --
Francis Bacon

"The butcher relenteth not at the bleating of the lamb; neither is the
heart of the cruel moved with distress. But the tears of the
compassionate are sweeter than dew-drops, falling from roses on the
bosom of spring." -- Akhenaton

"Do but examine your own compassionate heart, and tell me do you not
think it a breach of natural justice to want only and without
necessity to torment, much more to take away the life of any
creature?" -- John Hildrop

"The individual is capable of both great compassion and great
indifference. He has it within his means to nourish the former and
outgrow the latter." -- Norman Cousins

"Why is compassion not part of the established curriculum, an inherent
part of our education? Compassion, awe, wonder, curiosity, humility --
these are the foundation of any real civilisation, no longer the
prerogatives, the preserves of any one church, but belonging to
everyone, every child in every home in every school." -- Yehudi
Menhuin
Dave

"Dot Matrix" > wrote in message
om...

"Eat first, lest ye be eaten." Davidicus OU8:12

"Chow now, brown cow." Anonymous

Brian and Maryann

"I never eat meat"
--Adolph Hitler

"Dot Matrix" > wrote in message
om...
> "Compassion for animals is intimately connected with goodness of
> character; and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to
> animals cannot be a good [person]." -- Arthur Schopenhauer
>
> "True benevolence, or compassion, extends itself through the whole of
> existence and sympathises with the distress of every creature capable
> of sensation." -- Joseph Addison
>
> "The whole idea of compassion is based on a keen awareness of the
> interdependence of all these living beings, which are all part of one
> another, and all involved in one another." -- Thomas Merton
>
> "The nobler a soul is, the more objects of compassion it hath." --
> Francis Bacon
>
> "The butcher relenteth not at the bleating of the lamb; neither is the
> heart of the cruel moved with distress. But the tears of the
> compassionate are sweeter than dew-drops, falling from roses on the
> bosom of spring." -- Akhenaton
>
> "Do but examine your own compassionate heart, and tell me do you not
> think it a breach of natural justice to want only and without
> necessity to torment, much more to take away the life of any
> creature?" -- John Hildrop
>
> "The individual is capable of both great compassion and great
> indifference. He has it within his means to nourish the former and
> outgrow the latter." -- Norman Cousins
>
> "Why is compassion not part of the established curriculum, an inherent
> part of our education? Compassion, awe, wonder, curiosity, humility --
> these are the foundation of any real civilisation, no longer the
> prerogatives, the preserves of any one church, but belonging to
> everyone, every child in every home in every school." -- Yehudi
> Menhuin

Dot Matrix

This f@#*face took my username.