JoeMcc

Default Best BBQ USA...from MSN

http://local.msn.com/special/results/2003_bbq.asp

Jack Schidt®

"JoeMcc" > wrote in message
> http://local.msn.com/special/results/2003_bbq.asp

Thanks for the link. Nice index, and I know it's just a tag line, but 'it's
all about the sauce' kinda rubbed me wrong.

Jack (Mad Cow Bull Dodga)

Default User

JoeMcc wrote:

> http://local.msn.com/special/results/2003_bbq.asp

No Memphis?

No Kansas City?!!

What kind of list is that?

Brian Rodenborn
milesh

Default User wrote:
> JoeMcc wrote:
>
>>http://local.msn.com/special/results/2003_bbq.asp

> No Memphis?
>
> No Kansas City?!!
>

> What kind of list is that?

Well at least it isn't like CNN.COM's list last year that had Tony Romas
in the top 10 best.

Edwin Pawlowski

"Default User" > wrote in message >

> What kind of list is that?
> Brian Rodenborn

It is a list of places that serve meat with bones covered with a really
sweet sauce. I've been to a few of the places listed. Yes, thee are some
that have real ribs, the others are voted on by people that just suck down
Bulls Eye by the gallon.
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

MonopTN

It's actually a pretty useful site. If you click on any one of the cities,
it gives you an option for "other cities". Click on that, then you can pick
your state, city, or enter a zipcode of where you are going. It will list
dozens of q joints, their address, and how many miles away from the city it
is. Even the small, woodburners will be there, though most are unrated. I
always try to rate them when I can.

BTW, I enjoy reading MOST everyone's posts (sorry tofu boy), and sorry for
the top post!

MonopTN

. com...

MonopTN wrote:

> BTW, I enjoy reading MOST everyone's posts (sorry tofu boy), and sorry for
> the top post!

I'm puzzled. Why didn't you just not top-post?

Brian Rodenborn
MonopTN

It seems more logical to me. If I read a post, then select the reply, I
generally remember what the original post was without having to scroll
through it all again. However, if I have forgotten, I can simply scroll
down and read what was written previously. Logical?

MonopTN

"Default User" > wrote in message
> MonopTN wrote:
>
> > BTW, I enjoy reading MOST everyone's posts (sorry tofu boy), and sorry

for
> > the top post!

> I'm puzzled. Why didn't you just not top-post?
>

> Brian Rodenborn

Jack Schidt®

"MonopTN" > wrote in message

> "Default User" > wrote in message
> > MonopTN wrote:
> >
> > > BTW, I enjoy reading MOST everyone's posts (sorry tofu boy), and sorry

> for
> > > the top post!

> > I'm puzzled. Why didn't you just not top-post?
> >

> > Brian Rodenborn

> > It seems more logical to me. If I read a post, then select the reply, I

> generally remember what the original post was without having to scroll
> through it all again. However, if I have forgotten, I can simply scroll
> down and read what was written previously. Logical?
>
> MonopTN

The majority here bottom posts and we've gone round and round on the topic.
The consensus is that it's more logical to read posts in order, from top to
bottom, or earliest to most recent.

Jack

Edwin Pawlowski

I agree!
Ed

"Jack Schidt®" > wrote in message news:airrb.19065>
> The majority here bottom posts and we've gone round and round on the

topic.
> The consensus is that it's more logical to read posts in order, from top

> bottom, or earliest to most recent.
>
> Jack

Jack Schidt®

hahaha! Ed, you asshole! ;-P

I know, it's the tofu talking.

Jack

"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in message
. com...

> I agree!
> Ed
>

> "Jack Schidt®" > wrote in message news:airrb.19065>
> > The majority here bottom posts and we've gone round and round on the

> topic.
> > The consensus is that it's more logical to read posts in order, from top

> > bottom, or earliest to most recent.
> >
> > Jack

Miles

Jack Schidt® wrote:
> The majority here bottom posts and we've gone round and round on the topic.
> The consensus is that it's more logical to read posts in order, from top to
> bottom, or earliest to most recent.

Almost all newsreaders can sort posts in thread order. Even Google
will. Makes little sense since these same 'majority' do not like
quoting entire threads anyways (which is a good thing). Use your reader
if you want to view a thread in order.

Kevin S. Wilson

On Sun, 9 Nov 2003 00:49:07 -0600, "MonopTN" >
wrote:

>It seems more logical to me. If I read a post, then select the reply, I
>generally remember what the original post was without having to scroll
>through it all again. However, if I have forgotten, I can simply scroll
>down and read what was written previously. Logical?

"I'll see you at Linda's wedding."
"Well, see ya soon."
"Congratulations!"
"Ten thousand a year."
"How much?"
"Got a really big raise this time."
"Sorry to hear it. How's the job?"
"She's not feeling well. Flu, I think."
"Same as ever. How's yours?"
"How's your wife?"
"They painted her purple. They should call her the Prune Fart now."
"Good. Did you hear what Martin and Sheila did to the Sea Breeze?"
"Good, and you?"
"Bill! How the heck are you?"

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
Big Jim

What Ed said.

--
Big Jim

www.lazyq.com
"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in message
. com...

> I agree!
> Ed
>

> "Jack Schidt®" > wrote in message news:airrb.19065>
> > The majority here bottom posts and we've gone round and round on the

> topic.
> > The consensus is that it's more logical to read posts in order, from top

> > bottom, or earliest to most recent.
> >
> > Jack

Miles

Kevin S. Wilson wrote:

> "I'll see you at Linda's wedding."
> "Well, see ya soon."
> "Congratulations!"
> "Ten thousand a year."
> "How much?"
> "Got a really big raise this time."
> "Sorry to hear it. How's the job?"
> "She's not feeling well. Flu, I think."
> "Same as ever. How's yours?"
> "How's your wife?"
> "They painted her purple. They should call her the Prune Fart now."
> "Good. Did you hear what Martin and Sheila did to the Sea Breeze?"
> "Good, and you?"
> "Bill! How the heck are you?"

ROFL. Not that old lame argument. Who the heck would quote 14 separate
posts? **** poor editing. Use your frigg'n reader to sort the threads
in proper order.

Jack Curry

"MonopTN" > wrote in message
> It seems more logical to me. If I read a post, then select the reply, I
> generally remember what the original post was without having to scroll
> through it all again. However, if I have forgotten, I can simply scroll
> down and read what was written previously. Logical?
>
> MonopTN
>
> > Brian Rodenborn's post snipped-

Monop TN,
The top post/bottom post issue has caused fist fights, vicious arson
attacks, baby-kidnappings and unpleasant remarks about mothers and their
moustaches on this ng. It is of Palestinian/Israeli caliber. Don't be
fooled by a few light-hearted suggestions which may imply any lesser
intensity. As a friendly suggestion, if you'd like to get along here bottom
post or you'll prolly get anthrax in your Christmas stocking.
Your pal,
Jack Curry
-no anthrax from me, but I do bottom post, and snipping and interleaving is
fine too-

Unless you have strong religious convictions about preserving your

Edwin Pawlowski

"Jack Schidt®" > wrote in message
> hahaha! Ed, you asshole! ;-P
>
> I know, it's the tofu talking.
>
> Jack

If I'm not called an asshole at least once in the day, I've not done my duty
to society. My wife thanks you for beating her to it this morning.

Time to stir the bean curd for dinner.
Ed

Graeme... in London

"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in message
om...

> "Jack Schidt$B%g(B" > wrote in message
> > hahaha! Ed, you asshole! ;-P
> >
> > I know, it's the tofu talking.
> >
> > Jack

> If I'm not called an asshole at least once in the day, I've not done my

duty
> to society. My wife thanks you for beating her to it this morning.
>
> Time to stir the bean curd for dinner.
> Ed
>
> Ed,

If your going to gorge on bean curd, you have got to understand that it
tastes far better at breakfast time. Excellent with miso soup. Dinner is for
the tree bark!

MonopTN wrote:

> It seems more logical to me. If I read a post, then select the reply, I
> generally remember what the original post was without having to scroll
> through it all again. However, if I have forgotten, I can simply scroll
> down and read what was written previously. Logical?

This has been hashed to death in the past, and the group concensus was
against top-posting. But that wasn't my point. My point was, why
apologize for it? That acknowledges that you are doing something wrong.
Either don't do it, or don't apologize.

It should be noted that I generally will kill-file people who top-post
for any appreciable length of time. That probably matters little to you,
as you obviously don't care about the convenience or sensibilities of
others.

Brian Rodenborn