adm

Default Props to the Hound !

Sorry all,

Punishing work schedule has meant I haven't been either dropping in here or
Q'ing (except for Sunday - 3 racks spares and a 10lb turky breast) for a
while now.

Anyway, I was shocked and dismayed to see that the Hound has gone on.

I never met him in person, but he seemed like a great Q temple master and
all around decent bloke. It is obvious that he will be sorely missed.

My sympathies to his family and friends.

I also saw some posts about helping his family. If anyone has set up a bank
account or fund, please mail me off the group and I will contribute either
via international wire or CC.. Sorry - I don't have a US dollar based
checking account.

Other than that, I'm off to the butchers tomorrow to buy the best damn piece
of meat I can find, a case of good brew and a bottle of good whisky. I'll
eat and drink the lot (with help) and do it in his honor.

We all go on at some time. Sadly, that time comes all too soon for many.

Respect. Remember. Recreate his Recipes.

adm

Brick

"adm" > wrote in message
> Sorry all,
>
> Punishing work schedule has meant I haven't been either dropping in

here or
> Q'ing (except for Sunday - 3 racks spares and a 10lb turky breast)

for a
> while now.
>
> Anyway, I was shocked and dismayed to see that the Hound has gone

on.

> I never met him in person, but he seemed like a great Q temple

master and
> all around decent bloke. It is obvious that he will be sorely

missed.

> My sympathies to his family and friends.
>
> I also saw some posts about helping his family. If anyone has set up

a bank
> account or fund, please mail me off the group and I will contribute

either
> via international wire or CC.. Sorry - I don't have a US dollar

based
> checking account.
>
> Other than that, I'm off to the butchers tomorrow to buy the best

damn piece
> of meat I can find, a case of good brew and a bottle of good whisky.

I'll
> eat and drink the lot (with help) and do it in his honor.
>
> We all go on at some time. Sadly, that time comes all too soon for

many.

> Respect. Remember. Recreate his Recipes.
>
> adm

Like some others here I am contributing to Hound's family. I don't
know how
to tell you how to contribute except to just put some Lb Sterling in
an envelope
and send it on. I'm sure the banks here will know what to do with it.
In regard
to Hound's recipies, I just finished putting up a couple of yard birds
that were
marinated in Hound's brine for two days. As usual the skin was
useless, but
the meat was so succulent you could die for.

For the innocent offset BBQ'ers I did lump over some previously burned
down
logs and then added a chimney of live lump on top. Added about a half
chimney
of cold lump at the one hour mark. Fire maintained at ~250° at the
dome for the
whole time. There were no spikes or drops. Four point five pound
birds (2)
were done to 165° in two hours. Bird closest to the firebox was done
ten minutes
before the second bird.

Brick

Hey, Barb! Yer State Fair Got Props! Terry Pulliam Burd[_4_] General Cooking 12 06-07-2010 03:57 AM
Hound's Brine tranch Barbecue 6 29-04-2005 06:29 AM
The Hound thopper Barbecue 19 30-10-2003 06:51 PM