FoodBanter.com

-   -   Church bbq upcomiing (https://www.foodbanter.com/barbecue/19038-church-bbq-upcomiing.html)

Michael 09-10-2003 08:07 PM

Church bbq upcomiing

I had to take a detour to avoid I-85 (the morning parking lot) this morning
and saw something that warmed my heart. In NC many of the churches have a
BBQ to raise money. The Mallard Creek Church BBQ is fantastic and required
attendance for politicians. Thirty or forty thousand meals are served.

Two exits up the interstate is Poplar Tent Rd. I went by the Poplar Tent
Presbyterian Church and they were unloading a couple of flatbeds. They were
unloading oak and hickory wood. U-turn time.

Three pits, six feet across, and a total of 150 feet long. That's 900
square feet of to be covered with pork shoulders and slow cooked by the
church cooking team.

Old church. Stands on land conveyed to the congregation by the King of
England in 1765. The Church was organized in 1751.

None of them were sure when the blessed event would be but with all that
wood it will be soon. Stay tuned for more later.