Michael

Default Church bbq upcomiing

I had to take a detour to avoid I-85 (the morning parking lot) this morning
and saw something that warmed my heart. In NC many of the churches have a
BBQ to raise money. The Mallard Creek Church BBQ is fantastic and required
attendance for politicians. Thirty or forty thousand meals are served.

Two exits up the interstate is Poplar Tent Rd. I went by the Poplar Tent
Presbyterian Church and they were unloading a couple of flatbeds. They were
unloading oak and hickory wood. U-turn time.

Three pits, six feet across, and a total of 150 feet long. That's 900
square feet of to be covered with pork shoulders and slow cooked by the
church cooking team.

Old church. Stands on land conveyed to the congregation by the King of
England in 1765. The Church was organized in 1751.

None of them were sure when the blessed event would be but with all that
wood it will be soon. Stay tuned for more later.

Church Cookbook Debb477 Marketplace 2 10-07-2011 09:58 AM
Going to church makes you fat! graham General Cooking 1 25-03-2011 09:21 PM
Church of Euthansia [email protected] General Cooking 0 03-01-2010 08:09 PM
Church and churches Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD General Cooking 35 25-03-2006 12:09 PM
Chicken Church Casserole for 50 Vamp Recipes (moderated) 0 02-01-2005 02:23 PM