Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.binaries.food

Default Wooly pigs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mangalitsa

In the States it is getting attention because it is now being
raised in the Seattle area.

Not your "other white meat." This meat is dark brown, fatty and the most
amazing taste. Nothing like typical store bought pork. You might have heard
of this family of pigs, going by Heritage names. This one just happens to
be the most fatty and flavorful of them all.

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Dec 3, 5:56*am, Sqwertz > wrote:
> On 03 Dec 2009 09:23:12 GMT, Nick Cramer wrote:
>
> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mangalitsa

> > In the States it is getting *attention because it is now being
> > raised in the Seattle area.

> > Not your "other white meat." This meat is dark brown, fatty and the most
> > amazing taste. Nothing like typical store bought pork. You might have heard
> > of this family of pigs, going by Heritage names. This one just happens to
> > be the most fatty and flavorful of them all.

> Look my neighbor's unkempt terrier. *Do they bark?
>
> It'd *nice to get a new pig, but not at $10/lb. *Even Berkshire
> (which I don't find all that amazing) is still 3x the price of
> mass-produced pork.
>
> Smithfield should get in on this now.
>
> -sw

I contacted them last year after an appearance in Saveur. More like
30.00/lb back then. Plus 75.00 crating and shipping.
It'll drop, as production catches up. Smithfield, or whoever.
Supposedly, these pigs love to root, and can decimate an acre of
greenery in just a few hours. Some nice videos of the pigs on the
woolypigs website.
Pierre

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.binaries.food

In article >,
Nick Cramer > wrote:

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mangalitsa
>
> In the States it is getting attention because it is now being
> raised in the Seattle area.
>
> Not your "other white meat." This meat is dark brown, fatty and the most
> amazing taste. Nothing like typical store bought pork. You might have heard
> of this family of pigs, going by Heritage names. This one just happens to
> be the most fatty and flavorful of them all.

Could make for some interesting fabric too. <g>
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.binaries.food

It sounds like this is the Kobe beef of pigs. I can't wait to
give it a try one of these days.

--
Nonny

What does it mean when drool runs