Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Ping HEB area members

My HEB has pork butts for 89 cents per pound with a limit of 2 per person.

Thought I'd pass along the heads up.
--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Oct 2009 18:34:58 -0500, Janet Wilder wrote:
>
>> My HEB has pork butts for 89 cents per pound with a limit of 2 per person.

> $.99/lb tonight for Pork Butts, Whole Pork Loins, and Pork
> Shoulders. I came home tonight with 2 butts (18lbs) and a 10lb pork
> loin schlong thrown over my shoulder like a continental soldier.

LOL! What an image!

I have 2 in the freezer from the last sale. Waiting until it cools off
to make them.

> Ribeyes were $3.77/lb. So I picked up two 1" thick cuts of those
> for $7 (from the large end). And the HEB "Natural Choice" Chuck
> Eyes were $3.49. So $7 worth of those went into my basket, too
> (1/3rd of which I had for dinner tonight).

How is that "value beef"? I've not gotten up the nerve to try it. We
usually get USDA Choice rib eyes at Sam's.
<snip>

> OK, so I went there to buy lettuce. But it wasn't on sale!

I paid $1.18 for lettuce.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 21-Oct-2009, Sqwertz > wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Oct 2009 18:34:58 -0500, Janet Wilder wrote:
>
> > My HEB has pork butts for 89 cents per pound with a limit of 2 per
> > person.

> $.99/lb tonight for Pork Butts, Whole Pork Loins, and Pork
> Shoulders. I came home tonight with 2 butts (18lbs) and a 10lb pork
> loin schlong thrown over my shoulder like a continental soldier.
>
> Ribeyes were $3.77/lb. So I picked up two 1" thick cuts of those
> for $7 (from the large end). And the HEB "Natural Choice" Chuck
> Eyes were $3.49. So $7 worth of those went into my basket, too
> (1/3rd of which I had for dinner tonight).
>
> They had to re-arrange the whole meat dept to accommodate all this
> sale stuff.
>
> And... I bought some soap, toilet paper, octopus, Clamato, and
> Worcestershire, too. And a rotisserie chicken for $2 - forgot about
> that (where *did* that end up anyway? - I think it ran away)
>
> http://i35.tinypic.com/15cm32s.jpg
>
> OK, so I went there to buy lettuce. But it wasn't on sale!
>
> -sw

My Gawd, you're saving yourself right into the poor house. But
they paid you to haul off that chicken, so that's a plus. They're
mostly $6.99 and $7.99 around here, but BJ's Club is still
selling them for $4.99 which ain't bad.

--
Brick (Youth is wasted on young people)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

> Sqwertz wrote:

> > Ribeyes were $3.77/lb. *So I picked up two 1" thick cuts of those
> > for $7 (from the large end). *And the HEB "Natural Choice" Chuck
> > Eyes were $3.49. *So $7 worth of those went into my basket, too
> > (1/3rd of which I had for dinner tonight).

Holy cripes, those are some bargains. Those bone in ribeyes are 9.99/
lb locally.