Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Still here...

I keep forgetting to add my news account to my office workstation and
rarely get online when I'm home these days.

I'm going to ride down to Monroe, Wa. today and strafe some local roads
with a friend, then we're going to stop in at Teddy Bear's BBQ. I'll try
to post a review for those of you in the area.

--Brett
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

vex wrote:
> I keep forgetting to add my news account to my office workstation and
> rarely get online when I'm home these days.
>
> I'm going to ride down to Monroe, Wa. today and strafe some local roads
> with a friend, then we're going to stop in at Teddy Bear's BBQ. I'll try
> to post a review for those of you in the area.

I've been driving past that place, wondering what it's like. Please do post
a review. Also would like a review of Alligator Soul on Broadway up in Everett.

GWE
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sat, 09 May 2009 14:22:37 -0700, Grant Erwin
> wrote:

>vex wrote:
>> I keep forgetting to add my news account to my office workstation and
>> rarely get online when I'm home these days.
>>
>> I'm going to ride down to Monroe, Wa. today and strafe some local roads
>> with a friend, then we're going to stop in at Teddy Bear's BBQ. I'll try
>> to post a review for those of you in the area.

>I've been driving past that place, wondering what it's like. Please do post
>a review. Also would like a review of Alligator Soul on Broadway up in Everett.
>
>GWE

I'll make sure that Denny knows you're curious about Alligator Soul.
He lives in the Everett area.

Desideria
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Grant Erwin wrote:
> vex wrote:
>> I keep forgetting to add my news account to my office workstation and
>> rarely get online when I'm home these days.
>>
>> I'm going to ride down to Monroe, Wa. today and strafe some local
>> roads with a friend, then we're going to stop in at Teddy Bear's BBQ.
>> I'll try to post a review for those of you in the area.

> I've been driving past that place, wondering what it's like. Please do post
> a review. Also would like a review of Alligator Soul on Broadway up in
> Everett.

It was pretty good. Their sauces were very good. The pulled pork was
very tasty, with a pretty good smoke flavor. The brisket was very tender
and juicy, but not as much smoke flavor as I'd like. I met a guy there,
I'm assuming he's the owner, as he was tending the pit. He showed me
around and told me about it and how he liked to cook. It's a new Ole
Hickory, to replace his smaller one that couldn't make enough BBQ. He
smokes with cherry wood and the pit temp was about 250deg. He apparently
holds classes on making good bbq as well, about once a month. After
seeing his pit, I'm half tempted to get something better than the COS
that I'm using now, after seeing the results of a smoker that cooks
evenly and effortlessly.

I'll be going back, for sure.

--Brett
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sun, 10 May 2009 10:05:30 -0700, vex >
wrote:

>Grant Erwin wrote:
>> vex wrote:
>>> I keep forgetting to add my news account to my office workstation and
>>> rarely get online when I'm home these days.
>>>
>>> I'm going to ride down to Monroe, Wa. today and strafe some local
>>> roads with a friend, then we're going to stop in at Teddy Bear's BBQ.
>>> I'll try to post a review for those of you in the area.

>> I've been driving past that place, wondering what it's like. Please do post
>> a review. Also would like a review of Alligator Soul on Broadway up in
>> Everett.

Grant, I talked with Denny about Alligator Soul. As soon as he found
out it's Cajun, he said he can't review it for you (Denny and 'hot'
food are not friends...)

I'd be more able to do it, except that I'm south of Seattle. Sorry,
Grant!

Desideria

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sat, 09 May 2009 14:22:37 -0700, Grant Erwin
> wrote:

>vex wrote:
>> I keep forgetting to add my news account to my office workstation and
>> rarely get online when I'm home these days.
>>
>> I'm going to ride down to Monroe, Wa. today and strafe some local roads
>> with a friend, then we're going to stop in at Teddy Bear's BBQ. I'll try
>> to post a review for those of you in the area.

>I've been driving past that place, wondering what it's like. Please do post
>a review. Also would like a review of Alligator Soul on Broadway up in Everett.
>
>GWE

Alligator Soul is very good. I've eaten there six times and enjoyed it
each time. I usually get the jambalaya but I've had the gumbo and the
crayfish boil too. Their website
(http://www.alligatorsoulrestaurant.com/) has a copy of the menu.

The food really is good. I once spent some time in New Orleans, and
Alligator Soul could probably make a go of it there. It's certainly a
much nicer place than you would expect, given its location and "curb
appeal."
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Radar" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 09 May 2009 14:22:37 -0700, Grant Erwin
> > wrote:
>
>>vex wrote:
>>> I keep forgetting to add my news account to my office workstation and
>>> rarely get online when I'm home these days.
>>>
>>> I'm going to ride down to Monroe, Wa. today and strafe some local roads
>>> with a friend, then we're going to stop in at Teddy Bear's BBQ. I'll try
>>> to post a review for those of you in the area.

>>I've been driving past that place, wondering what it's like. Please do
>>post
>>a review. Also would like a review of Alligator Soul on Broadway up in
>>Everett.
>>
>>GWE

> Alligator Soul is very good. I've eaten there six times and enjoyed it
> each time. I usually get the jambalaya but I've had the gumbo and the
> crayfish boil too. Their website
> (http://www.alligatorsoulrestaurant.com/) has a copy of the menu.
>
> The food really is good. I once spent some time in New Orleans, and
> Alligator Soul could probably make a go of it there. It's certainly a
> much nicer place than you would expect, given its location and "curb
> appeal."

I have wanted to go there for several years. I have to take the Ferry Boat
to get to Everett So I shy away from going there. Thanks for posting the
link Looking at the Calendar and the events makes a trip there more
desirable

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"vex" > wrote in message

> It's a new Ole Hickory, to replace his smaller one that couldn't make
> enough BBQ. He smokes with cherry wood and the pit temp was about 250deg.
> He apparently holds classes on making good bbq as well, about once a
> month. After seeing his pit, I'm half tempted to get something better than
> the COS that I'm using now, after seeing the results of a smoker that
> cooks evenly and effortlessly.

If ya got a spare $14K, they're great. Mine never turned out any better than
I could do on a WSM, though. Less effort, yeah, but not by too much :-)

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 12-May-2009, "Dave Bugg" > wrote:

> "vex" > wrote in message
>
> > It's a new Ole Hickory, to replace his smaller one that couldn't make
> > enough BBQ. He smokes with cherry wood and the pit temp was about
> > 250deg.
> > He apparently holds classes on making good bbq as well, about once a
> > month. After seeing his pit, I'm half tempted to get something better
> > than
> > the COS that I'm using now, after seeing the results of a smoker that
> > cooks evenly and effortlessly.

> If ya got a spare $14K, they're great. Mine never turned out any better
> than
> I could do on a WSM, though. Less effort, yeah, but not by too much :-)

I can relate to the desire, but though I have been Jonesing for a Tejas for
a long time, this NB Silver just won't die. And a new Tejas won't make
any better 'Q' them I'm getting now. It'd take about 2 grand to get the
Tejas
sitting where the NB is now and the NB has been paid for long ago. My
wildest fantasies don't go as far as an Old Hickory or a Southern Pride.

--
Brick WA7ERO (Youth is wasted on young people)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Denny Wheeler wrote:
> On Sun, 10 May 2009 10:05:30 -0700, vex >
> wrote:
>> It was pretty good. Their sauces were very good. The pulled pork was
>> very tasty, with a pretty good smoke flavor. The brisket was very
>> tender and juicy, but not as much smoke flavor as I'd like. I met a
>> guy there, I'm assuming he's the owner, as he was tending the pit.
>> He showed me around and told me about it and how he liked to cook.
>> It's a new Ole Hickory, to replace his smaller one that couldn't
>> make enough BBQ. He smokes with cherry wood and the pit temp was
>> about 250deg. He apparently holds classes on making good bbq as
>> well, about once a month. After seeing his pit, I'm half tempted to
>> get something better than the COS that I'm using now, after seeing
>> the results of a smoker that cooks evenly and effortlessly.
>>
>> I'll be going back, for sure.

> Brett, was the above paragraph about Teddy Bear's? Having the inquiry
> about Alligator Soul in there made for some ambiguity.

Yes, the above post was about Teddy Bear's. I did, however, stop at
Alligator Soul on Saturday to check them out. I'll review in a separate
thread.

--Brett