Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default On the injecting pork experiment...

I have to say, it worked great! If anything, it could've been injected more.
I've been reading the posts below on sauces and flavoring the pulled pork,
etc. I have to agree that for the most part, except for the smokiness and
if you chop in the bark, pulled pork doesn't have a strong flavor of it's
own.

For the injection, I used very thinned down peach nectar and then added my
rub. I only injected it about 8 or so places, and only half a shringe full
at each. I'll be doing more for Memorial Day, gonna hit it good this time I
think. Be about the same thing as adding my rub to the pork after it's
pulled, but this way it cooks in with the juices too.

I'll let ya's know!

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On May 21, 7:19*pm, "Alto" > wrote:

> I use the Chris Lilly injection, It adds great flavor. I also sometimes
> sprinkle a little rub on the pulled pork if it needs a little something
> extra.
>
> Good luck!
>
> Alto

Well done, you conveyed almost zero useful information, just enough
that it actually went negative in useful content as the questions
raised by the lack of info were more than the information given.

What is "the Chris Lily injection". Everyone puts a rub on their butt,
if you're talking about post-cook, then it's no longer a rub really is
it, it's now spicing the cooked meat.

I don't want to put you off to posting here, please try again.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On May 21, 11:52*pm, "Alto" > wrote:

> Try google, it might clue you in.
>
> Oh, you certainly won't "put me off" to posting here...
>
> In the future, ignore my posts!

Thanks for letting everyone know you're an asshat so quickly, saves
time and all that.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

>>What is "the Chris Lily injection".
>
> Try google, it might clue you in.

If you're going to throw out random techniques and false facts, it's best to
provide a link rather than cop an attitude. BTW, nobody is going to google
it.

-John O

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"John O" > wrote in message
news
>>>What is "the Chris Lily injection".

>> Try google, it might clue you in.

> If you're going to throw out random techniques and false facts, it's best
> to provide a link rather than cop an attitude. BTW, nobody is going to
> google it.

Then I'd have to say that it would be their loss.

When you think "Big Bob Gibson's" somehow Chris Lilly's name is involved

BOB

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

I have a suggestion for you. Why don't you go to where you found this
information, cut and paste the actual URL, and post it here, rather than
telling a bazillion readers to duplicate your research? That way, we
could get back to talking about barbecuing meat and spending less
time trying to barbecue each other! :-)

Grant
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Alto" > wrote:

> >> Try google, it might clue you in.

> > If you're going to throw out random techniques and false facts, it's
> > best to provide a link rather than cop an attitude. BTW, nobody is
> > going to google it.

> Here you go,
>
> www.google.com
>
> Type in Chris Lilly injection right above google search
>
> Hope this helps!

Helped a lot. Meet KSW!

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Alto" > wrote in message

> " BOB" > wrote in message
>>
>> "John O" > wrote in message
>> news

>>> If you're going to throw out random techniques and false facts, it's
>>> best to provide a link rather than cop an attitude. BTW, nobody is going
>>> to google it.
>>>

>> Then I'd have to say that it would be their loss.
>>
>> When you think "Big Bob Gibson's" somehow Chris Lilly's name is involved
>>
>> BOB

> BOB, any good modifications to the Chris Lilly injection that you know of?

No, I've never tried to alter it, and have only used it once. I do know
someone who used it in the "Best of the Best Invitational" BBQ competition
http://www.nationalbbqfestival.com/ and placed in the top 5. Don't know if
it was altered or not.

BOB

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Alto" > wrote in message

> " BOB" > wrote in message

>>> BOB, any good modifications to the Chris Lilly injection that you know
>>> of?
>>>

>> No, I've never tried to alter it, and have only used it once. I do know
>> someone who used it in the "Best of the Best Invitational" BBQ
>> competition http://www.nationalbbqfestival.com/ and placed in the top 5.
>> Don't know if it was altered or not.
>>
>> BOB

> Well, if you're talking about the Swamp Boy's then I know I'm on the right
> path!
>
> I was thinking of tinkering with different salts, maybe one of them exotic
> salts will do the trick...
>
> Thanks for the reply BOB!
>

> Alto

Nope, not Swamp Boys. I do have a pretty good idea (close, anyway) what
"Rub" uses. '-)
Thinking back, I'll bet anything that "Big Bob Gibson's" team uses Chris
Lilly's injection when in Douglas. ;-)

As far as I know, any salt in those injections is regular non-iodized, or
Kosher.

One other hint...be sure to balance salt in the injection with the salt in
the rub. Injections aren't as salty as brines.

You know "Swamp Boy" and I know "Swamp Boy"
Do I know you?

BOB

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"43fan" > wrote in message
. ..
>I have to say, it worked great! If anything, it could've been injected
>more. I've been reading the posts below on sauces and flavoring the pulled
>pork, etc. I have to agree that for the most part, except for the
>smokiness and if you chop in the bark, pulled pork doesn't have a strong
>flavor of it's own.
>
> For the injection, I used very thinned down peach nectar and then added my
> rub. I only injected it about 8 or so places, and only half a shringe
> full at each. I'll be doing more for Memorial Day, gonna hit it good this
> time I think. Be about the same thing as adding my rub to the pork after
> it's pulled, but this way it cooks in with the juices too.
>
> I'll let ya's know!

Sounds like a plan.

Sometime, think about experimenting further. Pump it up like a balloon.
Myron Mixon's ("Jack's Old South") brisket looks like a huge pork butt after
it's injected, and the butts look like basketballs and pork shoulders look
like calves legs. They still end up with the same yields as non-injected,
but they sure are tasty and juicy.

BOB

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Alto" > wrote in message

> " BOB" > wrote in message
>>
>> You know "Swamp Boy" and I know "Swamp Boy"
>> Do I know you?
>>
>> BOB

> No, I don't know him personally, I am just familiar with Stump's Smokers
> as I have a 222cm myself.
>

> Alto

I have a GF222CM and a tailgater. Wouldn't part with either of 'em.

Are you on the "stump-b-q'n" forum? (which happens to be down right now)
:-(
You got a screen name? I don't recognize "Alto"

BOB

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

" BOB" > wrote in message
. ..
> "Alto" > wrote in message
>>
>> " BOB" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> You know "Swamp Boy" and I know "Swamp Boy"
>>> Do I know you?
>>>
>>> BOB

>> No, I don't know him personally, I am just familiar with Stump's Smokers
>> as I have a 222cm myself.
>>

>> Alto

> I have a GF222CM and a tailgater. Wouldn't part with either of 'em.
>
> Are you on the "stump-b-q'n" forum? (which happens to be down right now)
> :-(
> You got a screen name? I don't recognize "Alto"
>
> BOB

How about some links? I guess I can google it though...

Injecting pork? 43fan[_2_] Barbecue 15 10-05-2008 02:02 AM
Injecting vs brining Stan (the Man) Barbecue 1 23-11-2006 01:14 PM
Pork Back Ribs Experiment [email protected] Barbecue 35 14-10-2006 07:01 AM
Pork Back Ribs Experiment Kevin S. Wilson General Cooking 1 11-10-2006 12:26 AM
Butts - Who's Injecting? JW Barbecue 1 09-10-2006 03:58 AM