Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

Default Ordered the Weber Genesis LP gas grill

Well I did it. I ordered the Weber Genesis E310 LP gas grill (along
with my cook books and waffle maker) from Amazon.com with free
shipping. Can't really beat that I guess, just hope it arrives in one
piece from Amazon.com as I've never ordered anything like this from
them. I also picked up the rotisserie that is used for this model.

I sure hope I made a good decision. I'm very nervous because I've
never owned a grill like this before, let alone one that costs this
much. I've always owned those cheap, charcoal smokey joe's that sit on
the ground and break your back LOL. I'm also nervous knowing how
things anymore are built cheap. Even though this is a Weber, and
people say they still own there Weber from 10 years ago, well.. 10
years ago things were built better *i think* than how they are built
today. But I have my hopes!

I can't wait though - can't wait to come home at night after work and
start cooking in 10 minutes and not having to mess with charcoals (no
offense, charcoal lovers). Can't wait to grill, period. And since I am
starting to learn how to cook from scratch, I can't wait to experiment
with various recipes and food items on the grill besides just steak,
burgers and hot dogs. I want to do kabobs, fish, pork, and all kinds
of veggies, and of course - rotisserie!! can't wait to do chicken and
hopefully the rotisserie attachment can handle turkey (maybe not a 20
pounder though but hopefully around 10lbs). And so much more.

I guess I now have to go to Home Depot and buy a propane tank.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

meatnub wrote:
> Well I did it. I ordered the Weber Genesis E310 LP gas grill (along
> with my cook books and waffle maker) from Amazon.com with free
> shipping. Can't really beat that I guess, just hope it arrives in one
> piece from Amazon.com as I've never ordered anything like this from
> them. I also picked up the rotisserie that is used for this model.

I think you'll be happy. As for the shipping, I wouldn't worry about it.
They're packed very well. Should something happen you can bet Weber will
stand behind it with no problem.

As for the rotisserie, I don't know which model you have but I have the
"Basket" model and it'll easily handle a 13 lb turkey, no problem.

You may want to consider getting a 30lb propane tank from a travel
trailer dealer, they last quite a bit longer. I have two so I always
have a spare 30lb tank in the shed for then they run out at the most
inappropriate time (which of course they will).

Good luck and enjoy

--
Steve
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

meatnub wrote:
> Well I did it. I ordered the Weber Genesis E310 LP gas grill (along
> with my cook books and waffle maker) from Amazon.com with free
> shipping. Can't really beat that I guess, just hope it arrives in one
> piece from Amazon.com as I've never ordered anything like this from
> them. I also picked up the rotisserie that is used for this model.

<clip>

> I guess I now have to go to Home Depot and buy a propane tank.

We bought the Weber Genesis B Silver exactly a year ago. We love it.
I'd also suggest a spare tank. We always keep two (one on the grill and
one filled spare) because nothing is worse than running out midway!
A grill cover helps keep the grill nice looking.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

meatnub wrote:

> Well I did it. I ordered the Weber Genesis E310 LP gas grill.

Excellent choice. But did you order a meat grinder... I hope you're
not going to contaminate your nice new grill with burgers made from
mystery meat.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:
> meatnub wrote:
>> Well I did it. I ordered the Weber Genesis E310 LP gas grill.

> Excellent choice. But did you order a meat grinder... I hope you're
> not going to contaminate your nice new grill with burgers made from
> mystery meat.

It is probably a good time for you to tell us again which grinder you
recommend and why?
I'm debating replacing my Oster kitchen Center (stand mixer, bread
kneader,chopper, slicer, grinder, pasta maker, yada yada yada) because
after 20 years (and a few years in probably hot military storage) the
transmission seems to slip at times (annoying, but functional yet)and
I've been debating if I want another "center" type appliance (Kitchen
Aide? Oster?) or the desired individual small appliances? So I might be
in the market for a stand alone grinder......

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

meatnub?

Love to hear the story behind that one. Sounds like midget porn!

Anyway, check over your Weber when you get it. Unfortunately, when I
ordered my WSM from Amazon, it came damaged. Amazon advised to call
Weber.

They were outstainding. The bottom vents were really bent as the
cardboards spacers and stays weren't in place when they shipped,
probably from Weber. No problem says the Weber customer service.
We'll send another. OK!

So I unpacked the rest of it, and sliced my finder on a porcelain edge
that had been scratched across something to make the whole bottom rim
of the lid exposed and with sharp little glassy teeth.

Called Weber CS again. I told them what had happened, they were
familiar with the problem as something changed in their assembly line/
manufacturing/handling procedures. They sent me a new top as well.

They told me that if I had any more problems, just let them know and
they would do their best to make them right.

I couldn't be happier with them or their product.

Robert

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

Goomba wrote:
> Sheldon wrote:
> > meatnub wrote:
> >> Well I did it. I ordered the Weber Genesis E310 LP gas grill.

> > Excellent choice. �But did you order a meat grinder... I hope you're
> > not going to contaminate your nice new grill with burgers made from
> > mystery meat.

> It is probably a good time for you to tell us again which grinder you
> recommend and why?
> I'm debating replacing my Oster kitchen Center (stand mixer, bread
> kneader,chopper, slicer, grinder, pasta maker, yada yada yada) because
> after 20 years (and a few years in probably hot military storage) the
> transmission seems to slip at times (annoying, but functional yet)and
> I've been debating if I want another "center" type appliance (Kitchen
> Aide? Oster?) or the desired individual small appliances? So I might be
> in the market for a stand alone grinder......

I don't like to buy any all in one machines, none of the components
work really well, and when a major component dies you lose everything.

I like my Waring Pro... you can buy a lot more grinder for a lot more
money but for home use this is perfect, and produces a professional
grind. The smaller Waring Pro I think is too small.

This is an excellent price, same as I paid a few years ago.:
http://www.williams-sonoma.com/produ...r&cm%5Fsrc=SCH

Costs more he
http://www.amazon.com/Waring-MG-800-...1236137&sr=8-3

---

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

"meatnub" > wrote

> the ground and break your back LOL. I'm also nervous knowing how
> things anymore are built cheap. Even though this is a Weber, and
> people say they still own there Weber from 10 years ago, well.. 10
> years ago things were built better *i think* than how they are built
> today. But I have my hopes!

Let me know if this is still true ... I've put together many a grill, the
ex-cheapos, and I had to assemble the gas burner parts. The business
end of the gas grill. The Weber was assembled right out of the box.
Just put it in there and make the connection. Made putting the grill
together a breeze.

And all these years later, the cart isn't even a little wobbly.

nancy
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

On May 19, 1:59*pm, meatnub > wrote:
> Well I did it. I ordered the Weber Genesis E310 LP gas grill *(along
> with my cook books and waffle maker) from Amazon.com with free
> shipping. Can't really beat that I guess, just hope it arrives in one
> piece from Amazon.com as I've never ordered anything like this from
> them. I also picked up the rotisserie that is used for this model.
>
> I sure hope I made a good decision. I'm very nervous because I've
> never owned a grill like this before, let alone one that costs this
> much. I've always owned those cheap, charcoal smokey joe's that sit on
> the ground and break your back LOL. I'm also nervous knowing how
> things anymore are built cheap. Even though this is a Weber, and
> people say they still own there Weber from 10 years ago, well.. 10
> years ago things were built better *i think* than how they are built
> today. But I have my hopes!
>
> I can't wait though - can't wait to come home at night after work and
> start cooking in 10 minutes and not having to mess with charcoals (no
> offense, charcoal lovers). Can't wait to grill, period. And since I am
> starting to learn how to cook from scratch, I can't wait to experiment
> with various recipes and food items on the grill besides just steak,
> burgers and hot dogs. I want to do kabobs, fish, pork, and all kinds
> of veggies, and of course - rotisserie!! can't wait to do chicken and
> hopefully the rotisserie attachment can handle turkey (maybe not a 20
> pounder though but hopefully around 10lbs). And so much more.
>
> I guess I now have to go to Home Depot and buy a propane tank.

In the world of grilling, that thing is far from deserving the
moniker, Genesis. It would be far more fitting if it were named after
one of the minor prophets like Zephaniah or Nahum. Gas grills are
fine, as long as they aren't used as a substitute for a decent
charcoal/wood grill, like a Weber Kettle. Gas grills are great for
use in crappy weather, and for grilling veggies, and other stuff you
don't want smoky.

If I could only have one grilling appliance, it would be a Weber
Kettle.
Wait...I do only have one grilling appliance, and it is a Weber
Kettle. I'd love to have an offset smoker as well, and I did buy a
gas grill a few years ago (because it was practically free), but I
never hooked up propane to it. Maybe I will soon.

--Bryan
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

Sheldon > wrote:

> meatnub wrote:
>>
>> Well I did it. I ordered the Weber Genesis E310 LP gas grill.

> Excellent choice. But did you order a meat grinder... I hope you're
> not going to contaminate your nice new grill with burgers made from
> mystery meat.

Guy gets a nice new grill and all Sheldon can think of is cooking
some cheap-assed hamburgers.

Figures.

-sw

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

On May 19, 7:34�pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
> Sheldon > wrote:
> > meatnub wrote:

> >> Well I did it. I ordered the Weber Genesis E310 LP gas grill.

> > Excellent choice. �But did you order a meat grinder... I hope you're
> > not going to contaminate your nice new grill with burgers made from
> > mystery meat.

> Guy gets a nice new grill and all Sheldon can think of is cooking
> some cheap-assed hamburgers.
>
> Figures.

And yesterday the noxious one complained about grinding porterhouse
and rocket science... this from Mr Negativity who thinks cheap-assed
ground packer grade brisket is steak tartar.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:

> I don't like to buy any all in one machines, none of the components
> work really well, and when a major component dies you lose everything.
>
> I like my Waring Pro... you can buy a lot more grinder for a lot more
> money but for home use this is perfect, and produces a professional
> grind. The smaller Waring Pro I think is too small.
>
> This is an excellent price, same as I paid a few years ago.:
> http://www.williams-sonoma.com/produ...r&cm%5Fsrc=SCH
>
> Costs more he
> http://www.amazon.com/Waring-MG-800-...1236137&sr=8-3

Two thumbs up on Sheldon's choice. I've got the same Waring Pro and I use it
at home quite frequently. It's a darn good piece of gear.

--
Dave www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

Bobo Bonobo® wrote:

> In the world of grilling, that thing is far from deserving the
> moniker, Genesis. It would be far more fitting if it were named after
> one of the minor prophets like Zephaniah or Nahum.

Hmmm... the Weber Obadiah.
--
Dave www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

On May 19, 6:44Â*pm, Sheldon > wrote:
> Goomba wrote:
> > Sheldon wrote:

> > > Excellent choice. �But did you order a meat grinder... I hope you're
> > > not going to contaminate your nice new grill with burgers made from
> > > mystery meat.

> > It is probably a good time for you to tell us again which grinder you
> > recommend and why?
> > I'm debating replacing my Oster kitchen Center (stand mixer, bread
> > kneader,chopper, slicer, grinder, pasta maker, yada yada yada) because
> > after 20 years (and a few years in probably hot military storage) the
> > transmission seems to slip at times (annoying, but functional yet)and
> > I've been debating if I want another "center" type appliance (Kitchen
> > Aide? Oster?) or the desired individual small appliances? So I might be
> > in the market for a stand alone grinder......

> I don't like to buy any all in one machines, none of the components
> work really well, and when a major component dies you lose everything.
>
> I like my Waring Pro... you can buy a lot more grinder for a lot more
> money but for home use this is perfect, and produces a professional
> grind. Â*The smaller Waring Pro I think is too small.
>
> This is an excellent price, same as I paid a few years ago.:http://www.williams-sonoma.com/produ...x.cfm?pkey=xsr...
>
> Costs more hehttp://www.amazon.com/Waring-MG-800-...r-Stainless/dp...

Wow, you mean, no more brown-in-the-middle-of-the-red ground beef from
the supermarket? ;-)

Thanks Sheldon! Of all things to have in your home, this would be the
very last thing I would think they made.

This is great. I am definitely going to have to look into this
further. I just don't know if I can afford to buy my own steak and
then ground it up just for hamburger or meatballs. I'd rather eat the
steak off the grill. I don't think I can justify spending $10/pound
steak to be eaten as hamburger.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

On May 19, 3:23*pm, Goomba > wrote:
> meatnub wrote:
> > Well I did it. I ordered the Weber Genesis E310 LP gas grill *(along
> > with my cook books and waffle maker) from Amazon.com with free
> > shipping. Can't really beat that I guess, just hope it arrives in one
> > piece from Amazon.com as I've never ordered anything like this from
> > them. I also picked up the rotisserie that is used for this model.

> <clip>
>
> > I guess I now have to go to Home Depot and buy a propane tank.

> We bought the Weber Genesis B Silver exactly a year ago. We love it.
> I'd also suggest a spare tank. We always keep two (one on the grill and
> one filled spare) because nothing is worse than running out midway!
> A grill cover helps keep the grill nice looking.

Ah, excellent idea!

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

On May 19, 6:30*pm, " >
wrote:
> meatnub?
>
> Love to hear the story behind that one. *Sounds like midget porn!
>
> Anyway, check over your Weber when you get it. *Unfortunately, when I
> ordered my WSM from Amazon, it came damaged. *Amazon advised to call
> Weber.
>
> They were outstainding. *The bottom vents were really bent as the
> cardboards spacers and stays weren't in place when they shipped,
> probably from Weber. *No problem says the Weber customer service.
> We'll send another. *OK!
>
> So I unpacked the rest of it, and sliced my finder on a porcelain edge
> that had been scratched across something to make the whole bottom rim
> of the lid exposed and with sharp little glassy teeth.
>
> Called Weber CS again. *I told them what had happened, they were
> familiar with the problem as something changed in their assembly line/
> manufacturing/handling procedures. *They sent me a new top as well.
>
> They told me that if I had any more problems, just let them know and
> they would do their best to make them right.
>
> I couldn't be happier with them or their product.
>
> Robert

I'll definitely keep a look out for damage.

As far as "meatnub" is concerned, just an inside joke really.
Basically, my wife and I were out with my sister and her husband, and
we all stopped to grab some hot dogs for a quick lunch. Well, someone
didn't eat all their dog and there was just the end left in the roll.
So I blurted out something like "finish your nub" and one thing led to
another, to the point where I actually thought of cutting off all the
ends of hot dogs (kinda like muffin tops) and breading them and
serving them as meatnubs. BBQ meatnubs. Sweet n Sour meatnubs.
Chocolate Covered meatnubs.... ;-)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

Sheldon > wrote:

> On May 19, 7:34�pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
>> Sheldon > wrote:

>> Guy gets a nice new grill and all Sheldon can think of is cooking
>> some cheap-assed hamburgers.
>>
>> Figures.

> And yesterday the noxious one complained about grinding porterhouse
> and rocket science... this from Mr Negativity who thinks cheap-assed
> ground packer grade brisket is steak tartar.

Packer grade? <snork> Did they add a new USDA grade and neglect to
inform everyone except you?

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

> I guess I now have to go to Home Depot and buy a propane tank.

I haven't checked lately but Sam's used to have very good prices on tanks.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

"Sheldon" > wrote in message

>> I hope you're not going to contaminate your nice new grill with burgers
>> made from
>> mystery meat.

I don't use my silver B for anything thing messy, just use it for steaks,
chops, chicken and etc.
Kept the old Charbroil for burgers. It's 20 years old and the igniter still
works, just take it to the car wash evey now and then. Yeah, I know,
I'm a wimp. RM~

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

"meatnub" > wrote in message
> Well I did it. I ordered the Weber Genesis E310 LP gas grill (along
> with my cook books and waffle maker) from Amazon.com with free
> shipping. Can't really beat that I guess, just hope it arrives in one
> piece from Amazon.com as I've never ordered anything like this from
> them. I also picked up the rotisserie that is used for this model.
>
> I sure hope I made a good decision. I'm very nervous because I've
> never owned a grill like this before, let alone one that costs this
> much. I've always owned those cheap, charcoal smokey joe's that sit on
> the ground and break your back LOL. I'm also nervous knowing how
> things anymore are built cheap. Even though this is a Weber, and
> people say they still own there Weber from 10 years ago, well.. 10
> years ago things were built better *i think* than how they are built
> today. But I have my hopes!
>
> I can't wait though - can't wait to come home at night after work and
> start cooking in 10 minutes and not having to mess with charcoals (no
> offense, charcoal lovers). Can't wait to grill, period. And since I am
> starting to learn how to cook from scratch, I can't wait to experiment
> with various recipes and food items on the grill besides just steak,
> burgers and hot dogs. I want to do kabobs, fish, pork, and all kinds
> of veggies, and of course - rotisserie!! can't wait to do chicken and
> hopefully the rotisserie attachment can handle turkey (maybe not a 20
> pounder though but hopefully around 10lbs). And so much more.
>
> I guess I now have to go to Home Depot and buy a propane tank.

You will need 2 because only at the worst time will the first one run
out-like when company is there and Home Depot has closed for the night.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

"Sheldon" > wrote in message
Goomba wrote:
> Sheldon wrote:
> > meatnub wrote:
> >> Well I did it. I ordered the Weber Genesis E310 LP gas grill.

> > Excellent choice. ?But did you order a meat grinder... I hope you're
> > not going to contaminate your nice new grill with burgers made from
> > mystery meat.

> It is probably a good time for you to tell us again which grinder you
> recommend and why?
> I'm debating replacing my Oster kitchen Center (stand mixer, bread
> kneader,chopper, slicer, grinder, pasta maker, yada yada yada) because
> after 20 years (and a few years in probably hot military storage) the
> transmission seems to slip at times (annoying, but functional yet)and
> I've been debating if I want another "center" type appliance (Kitchen
> Aide? Oster?) or the desired individual small appliances? So I might be
> in the market for a stand alone grinder......

I don't like to buy any all in one machines, none of the components
work really well, and when a major component dies you lose everything.

I like my Waring Pro... you can buy a lot more grinder for a lot more
money but for home use this is perfect, and produces a professional
grind. The smaller Waring Pro I think is too small.

This is an excellent price, same as I paid a few years ago.:
http://www.williams-sonoma.com/produ...r&cm%5Fsrc=SCH

Costs more he
http://www.amazon.com/Waring-MG-800-...1236137&sr=8-3

---

Don't know if I agree with you there Sheldon. I have a Kitchen Aid with all
the attachments, including the meat grinder. KitchenAids last forever.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

Kswck wrote:

> Don't know if I agree with you there Sheldon. I have a Kitchen Aid
> with all the attachments, including the meat grinder. KitchenAids
> last forever.

I have a KitchenAid with the meat grinder attachment. The KitchenAid grinder
is anemic in comparison to the Waring Pro. While I appreciate the KitchenAid
as a mixer, if one is going to grind meat on a regular basis then the
purchase of a stand-alone meat grinder like the Waring is well worth the
footprint space and extra cost.

Anybody want to buy my KA grinder? :-)

--
Dave www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

"Kswck" > wrote in message

> "meatnub" > wrote in message
>> Well I did it. I ordered the Weber Genesis E310 LP gas grill (along
>> with my cook books and waffle maker) from Amazon.com with free
>> shipping. Can't really beat that I guess, just hope it arrives in one
>> piece from Amazon.com as I've never ordered anything like this from
>> them. I also picked up the rotisserie that is used for this model.
>>
>> I sure hope I made a good decision. I'm very nervous because I've
>> never owned a grill like this before, let alone one that costs this
>> much. I've always owned those cheap, charcoal smokey joe's that sit on
>> the ground and break your back LOL. I'm also nervous knowing how
>> things anymore are built cheap. Even though this is a Weber, and
>> people say they still own there Weber from 10 years ago, well.. 10
>> years ago things were built better *i think* than how they are built
>> today. But I have my hopes!
>>
>> I can't wait though - can't wait to come home at night after work and
>> start cooking in 10 minutes and not having to mess with charcoals (no
>> offense, charcoal lovers). Can't wait to grill, period. And since I am
>> starting to learn how to cook from scratch, I can't wait to experiment
>> with various recipes and food items on the grill besides just steak,
>> burgers and hot dogs. I want to do kabobs, fish, pork, and all kinds
>> of veggies, and of course - rotisserie!! can't wait to do chicken and
>> hopefully the rotisserie attachment can handle turkey (maybe not a 20
>> pounder though but hopefully around 10lbs). And so much more.
>>
>> I guess I now have to go to Home Depot and buy a propane tank.

> You will need 2 because only at the worst time will the first one run
> out-like when company is there and Home Depot has closed for the night.

Or maybe 3, since you'll forget to fill the first two when they run out and
you have 20 people hanging around waiting for burgers (Don't ask me how I
know this).

Luckily, my pop-up camper also has a bottle I was able to raid at the time.
Jon

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

"Goomba" > wrote in message
> meatnub wrote:
>> Well I did it. I ordered the Weber Genesis E310 LP gas grill (along
>> with my cook books and waffle maker) from Amazon.com with free
>> shipping. Can't really beat that I guess, just hope it arrives in one
>> piece from Amazon.com as I've never ordered anything like this from
>> them. I also picked up the rotisserie that is used for this model.

> <clip>
>
>> I guess I now have to go to Home Depot and buy a propane tank.

> We bought the Weber Genesis B Silver exactly a year ago. We love it.
> I'd also suggest a spare tank. We always keep two (one on the grill and
> one filled spare) because nothing is worse than running out midway!
> A grill cover helps keep the grill nice looking.

They have a Home Depot cover that fits the Silver Genesis B for about 40% or
so of the Weber cover price. I have had a Weber cover on one grill, and the
Home Depot cover on the other grill for several years. The latter cover has
held up just fine. It takes 2000 PSI pressure washing easily when it gets
filthy.

Kent

A Certified Tightwad,

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 20 May 2008 19:50:36 GMT, "Dave Bugg" >
wrote:

>Kswck wrote:
>
>> Don't know if I agree with you there Sheldon. I have a Kitchen Aid
>> with all the attachments, including the meat grinder. KitchenAids
>> last forever.

>I have a KitchenAid with the meat grinder attachment. The KitchenAid grinder
>is anemic in comparison to the Waring Pro. While I appreciate the KitchenAid
>as a mixer, if one is going to grind meat on a regular basis then the
>purchase of a stand-alone meat grinder like the Waring is well worth the
>footprint space and extra cost.
>
>Anybody want to buy my KA grinder? :-)

I saw one in a resale shop a few days ago for 3 bucks. I took a pass.

Lou

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 20 May 2008 15:53:49 -0400, "Zeppo" >
wrote:

>"Kswck" > wrote in message

>> You will need 2 because only at the worst time will the first one run
>> out-like when company is there and Home Depot has closed for the night.

>Or maybe 3, since you'll forget to fill the first two when they run out and
>you have 20 people hanging around waiting for burgers (Don't ask me how I
>know this).
>
>Luckily, my pop-up camper also has a bottle I was able to raid at the time.
>Jon

Going for the gas is a pita. I've got 2 gas grills and 2 turkey
fryers. I go through a lot of gas. I have 8 tanks. I won't do the
exchanges because I like my new tanks so I go somewhere they refill
them. Usually 5-6 at a time.

Lou

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

Dave Bugg > wrote:

> Kswck wrote:
>
>> Don't know if I agree with you there Sheldon. I have a Kitchen Aid
>> with all the attachments, including the meat grinder. KitchenAids
>> last forever.

> I have a KitchenAid with the meat grinder attachment. The KitchenAid grinder
> is anemic in comparison to the Waring Pro. While I appreciate the KitchenAid
> as a mixer, if one is going to grind meat on a regular basis then the
> purchase of a stand-alone meat grinder like the Waring is well worth the
> footprint space and extra cost.
>
> Anybody want to buy my KA grinder? :-)

I don't usually do more than 8-10lbs at a time with my KA, but it
works fine for that amount once you get the rhythm of using the
small hopper down to a synchronized art.

If I were doing this once a day, I'd get a dedicated grinder. As it
is, I have no interest in doing it more than once a month so my KA
works fine for me. It's certainly more economical than buying a
$180 dedicated grinder and finding out you don't use it nearly
enough to justify it's purchase.

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

Lou Decruss wrote:

> Going for the gas is a pita. �I've got 2 gas grills and 2 turkey
> fryers. �I go through a lot of gas. �I have 8 tanks. �I won't do the
> exchanges because I like my new tanks so I go somewhere they refill
> them. �Usually 5-6 at a time.

If you're doing that much cooking why don't you have a 250 gallon bulk
tank installed.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Tue, 20 May 2008 20:19:17 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:

> Dave Bugg > wrote:
>
>> Kswck wrote:
>>
>>> Don't know if I agree with you there Sheldon. I have a Kitchen Aid
>>> with all the attachments, including the meat grinder. KitchenAids
>>> last forever.

>> I have a KitchenAid with the meat grinder attachment. The KitchenAid grinder
>> is anemic in comparison to the Waring Pro. While I appreciate the KitchenAid
>> as a mixer, if one is going to grind meat on a regular basis then the
>> purchase of a stand-alone meat grinder like the Waring is well worth the
>> footprint space and extra cost.
>>
>> Anybody want to buy my KA grinder? :-)

> I don't usually do more than 8-10lbs at a time with my KA, but it
> works fine for that amount once you get the rhythm of using the
> small hopper down to a synchronized art.
>
> If I were doing this once a day, I'd get a dedicated grinder. As it
> is, I have no interest in doing it more than once a month so my KA
> works fine for me. It's certainly more economical than buying a
> $180 dedicated grinder and finding out you don't use it nearly
> enough to justify it's purchase.
>
> -sw

Although I am tempted to agree with you Steve....I have the KA grinder, and
have used it a couple of times. I like it, but find that I have to chill
the meat in the freezer to make it grind without the fat/gristle from
binding around the blades. If a dedicated grinder eliminates this need, I
might be tempted to get one and use it more.
--
DavidG-

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> Dave Bugg > wrote:
>
>> Kswck wrote:
>>
>>> Don't know if I agree with you there Sheldon. I have a Kitchen Aid
>>> with all the attachments, including the meat grinder. KitchenAids
>>> last forever.

>> I have a KitchenAid with the meat grinder attachment. The KitchenAid
>> grinder
>> is anemic in comparison to the Waring Pro. While I appreciate the
>> KitchenAid
>> as a mixer, if one is going to grind meat on a regular basis then the
>> purchase of a stand-alone meat grinder like the Waring is well worth the
>> footprint space and extra cost.
>>
>> Anybody want to buy my KA grinder? :-)

> I don't usually do more than 8-10lbs at a time with my KA, but it
> works fine for that amount once you get the rhythm of using the
> small hopper down to a synchronized art.
>
> If I were doing this once a day, I'd get a dedicated grinder. As it
> is, I have no interest in doing it more than once a month so my KA
> works fine for me. It's certainly more economical than buying a
> $180 dedicated grinder and finding out you don't use it nearly
> enough to justify it's purchase.
>
> -sw

Northern Tool also offers a grinder that is worth a look.

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...70_36989_36989

For only $89 (I've seen it on sale for $79 too) it seems like a good deal.
According to the specs, it is 1100W (0.8HP) , compared to the Waring that is
only 450W according to the limited specs I've been able to turn up. With
twice the power and at half the price, seems like a good deal compared to
the Waring model. It even gets good ratings/reviews on the Northern Tool
website.

Matt

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

On May 21, 7:47*am, "Matt" > wrote:
> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message

> > Dave Bugg > wrote:

> >> I have a KitchenAid with the meat grinder attachment. The KitchenAid
> >> grinder
> >> is anemic in comparison to the Waring Pro. While I appreciate the
> >> KitchenAid
> >> as a mixer, if one is going to grind meat on a regular basis then the
> >> purchase of a stand-alone meat grinder like the Waring is well worth the
> >> footprint space and extra cost.

> >> Anybody want to buy my KA grinder? *:-)

> > I don't usually do more than 8-10lbs at a time with my KA, but it
> > works fine for that amount once you get the rhythm of using the
> > small hopper down to a synchronized art.

> > If I were doing this once a day, I'd get a dedicated grinder. *As it
> > is, I have no interest in doing it more than once a month so my KA
> > works fine for me. *It's certainly more economical than buying a
> > $180 dedicated grinder and finding out you don't use it nearly
> > enough to justify it's purchase.

> > -sw

> Northern Tool also offers a grinder that is worth a look.
>
> http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...roduct_6970_36...
>
> For only $89 (I've seen it on sale for $79 too) it seems like a good deal.
> According to the specs, it is 1100W (0.8HP) , compared to the Waring that is
> only 450W according to the limited specs I've been able to turn up. *With
> twice the power and at half the price, seems like a good deal compared to
> the Waring model. *It even gets good ratings/reviews on the Northern Tool
> website.
>
> Matt- Hide quoted text -

Ooo very interesting. Thanks for the linkage! I never would have
thought to compare the wattage.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

"Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
> Kswck wrote:
>
>> Don't know if I agree with you there Sheldon. I have a Kitchen Aid
>> with all the attachments, including the meat grinder. KitchenAids
>> last forever.

> I have a KitchenAid with the meat grinder attachment. The KitchenAid
> grinder is anemic in comparison to the Waring Pro. While I appreciate the
> KitchenAid as a mixer, if one is going to grind meat on a regular basis
> then the purchase of a stand-alone meat grinder like the Waring is well
> worth the footprint space and extra cost.
>
> Anybody want to buy my KA grinder? :-)
>
> --
> Dave www.davebbq.com

I suppose if you grind meat in any quantity, fine. But for the once in a
while (read as regular kitchen), the KA is fine.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

Dave Bugg wrote:
> Kswck wrote:
>
>> Don't know if I agree with you there Sheldon. I have a Kitchen Aid
>> with all the attachments, including the meat grinder. KitchenAids
>> last forever.

> I have a KitchenAid with the meat grinder attachment. The KitchenAid grinder
> is anemic in comparison to the Waring Pro. While I appreciate the KitchenAid
> as a mixer, if one is going to grind meat on a regular basis then the
> purchase of a stand-alone meat grinder like the Waring is well worth the
> footprint space and extra cost.
>
> Anybody want to buy my KA grinder? :-)

If you're serious, then yes, I do. :-)

Serene
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

"Matt" > wrote in message

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>> Dave Bugg > wrote:

>>> I have a KitchenAid with the meat grinder attachment. The KitchenAid
>>> grinder
>>> is anemic in comparison to the Waring Pro. While I appreciate the
>>> KitchenAid
>>> as a mixer, if one is going to grind meat on a regular basis then the
>>> purchase of a stand-alone meat grinder like the Waring is well worth the
>>> footprint space and extra cost.
>>>
>>> Anybody want to buy my KA grinder? :-)

>> I don't usually do more than 8-10lbs at a time with my KA, but it
>> works fine for that amount once you get the rhythm of using the
>> small hopper down to a synchronized art.
>>
>> If I were doing this once a day, I'd get a dedicated grinder. As it
>> is, I have no interest in doing it more than once a month so my KA
>> works fine for me. It's certainly more economical than buying a
>> $180 dedicated grinder and finding out you don't use it nearly
>> enough to justify it's purchase.
>>
>> -sw

> Northern Tool also offers a grinder that is worth a look.
>
> http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...70_36989_36989
>
> For only $89 (I've seen it on sale for $79 too) it seems like a good deal.
> According to the specs, it is 1100W (0.8HP) , compared to the Waring that
> is only 450W according to the limited specs I've been able to turn up.
> With twice the power and at half the price, seems like a good deal
> compared to the Waring model. It even gets good ratings/reviews on the
> Northern Tool website.
>
> Matt

Northern tool has grinders for 100 lbs of meat too. I considered it when I
was doing BBQ's for 100+ people (fresh sausage). Alas, that time has passed.

I did see the Waring grinder in Bed Bath and Beyond recently for under
$100-with the 20% coupon in the mail, it's rather a bargain. Use em now-they
just filed for bankruptcy.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

Kswck wrote:

> I did see the Waring grinder in Bed Bath and Beyond recently for under
> $100-with the 20% coupon in the mail, it's rather a bargain.

I believe that is for the smaller Waring, which I wouldn't recommend.
--
Dave www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

Serene wrote:

> Dave Bugg wrote:

>> Anybody want to buy my KA grinder? :-)

> If you're serious, then yes, I do. :-)

It's virtually new, in the box with the instructions and all the
ancillaries. Shoot me an email.
--
Dave www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

Kswck wrote:

> I did see the Waring grinder in Bed Bath and Beyond recently for under
> $100-with the 20% coupon in the mail, it's rather a bargain. Use em now-they
> just filed for bankruptcy.

Linens and Things filed for bankruptcy - not BBandB.

http://tinyurl.com/4blqsu

They are practically the same though.

-Tracy
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

"Tracy" > wrote in message
> Kswck wrote:
>

>> I did see the Waring grinder in Bed Bath and Beyond recently for under
>> $100-with the 20% coupon in the mail, it's rather a bargain. Use em
>> now-they just filed for bankruptcy.

> Linens and Things filed for bankruptcy - not BBandB.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/4blqsu
>
> They are practically the same though.
>
> -Tracy

I thought they both did.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

"Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
> Kswck wrote:
>
>> I did see the Waring grinder in Bed Bath and Beyond recently for under
>> $100-with the 20% coupon in the mail, it's rather a bargain.

> I believe that is for the smaller Waring, which I wouldn't recommend.
> -- >

Just saw it in passing.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

Kswck wrote:
> "Tracy" > wrote in message
>> Kswck wrote:
>>
>>> I did see the Waring grinder in Bed Bath and Beyond recently for under
>>> $100-with the 20% coupon in the mail, it's rather a bargain. Use em
>>> now-they just filed for bankruptcy.

>> Linens and Things filed for bankruptcy - not BBandB.
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/4blqsu
>>
>> They are practically the same though.
>>
>> -Tracy

> I thought they both did.

I did a quick search before I made my bold statement..and I couldn't
find anything. There is a shopping center not too far from me with a
L&Ts but not too far from it is a BB&N. I tended to shop L&T because it
was slightly more convenient. I think they take each other's coupons
too. Not sure if that is still the case with the whole bankruptcy
situation.

I could be wrong - but I recall reading that BB&B would benefit from L&T
closing some stores....

-Tracy