Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default 2.99/20lb Rancher @ Home Depot in Delaware!!

I don't know what you guys/gals think of Original Charcoal Companies
'Rancher' briquettes, but Home Depot in Bear DE has it for $2.99/20lb bag.

It was $4.99 a couple of weeks ago and we picked up a couple of bags to
try. After lighting some Kingsford and then lighting some Rancher, both
in Chimneys, my wife commented on the nice 'wood' smell from the Rancher
as opposed to what ever you would call the odor from Kingsford.

Tried it overnight using the Minion method and it burnt all night long.

Since it was raining and we were going food shopping afterwards, I could
only fit 6 bags inside of my truck, but will be back tonight.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

John Reber wrote:
> I don't know what you guys/gals think of Original Charcoal Companies
> 'Rancher' briquettes, but Home Depot in Bear DE has it for $2.99/20lb bag.

That's a hell of a deal for great charcoal.

> It was $4.99 a couple of weeks ago and we picked up a couple of bags to
> try. After lighting some Kingsford and then lighting some Rancher, both
> in Chimneys, my wife commented on the nice 'wood' smell from the Rancher
> as opposed to what ever you would call the odor from Kingsford.
>
> Tried it overnight using the Minion method and it burnt all night long.
>
> Since it was raining and we were going food shopping afterwards, I could
> only fit 6 bags inside of my truck, but will be back tonight.

I bought 10 bags at $5/ea; if my local HD has it for $3, I'll
find room for at least 10 more. Great stuff.

Dana