Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Day you had to send out for food

Never combine a narcotic cough syrup, a large Martini and grilling. It
took Pizza Hut to feed the poor wife last night.

Have any of you ever had a real cooking disaster and set your reputation
back a few generations?

--
---Nonnymus---
You don’t stand any taller by
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Nonnymus > wrote in :

> Never combine a narcotic cough syrup, a large Martini and grilling. It
> took Pizza Hut to feed the poor wife last night.
>
> Have any of you ever had a real cooking disaster and set your reputation
> back a few generations?

Yes. I'll never forget the day my BBQ slipped from transcendent to merely
excellent. The ordinary mortals enjoyed it and came back for more, but my
best buddy and BBQ God in his own right merely said "pretty good, Bear".

I almost hung up my tongs.

--
Ask Me Why I support Stem Cell Research
http://stemcells.nih.gov/info/faqs.asp

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

We dutch like cheap. got some free wood which was partly rotten. The meat
looked good, but tasted funny (like old laundry). thank god I was smoking
meat, and not serving BBQ for hungry people. Learned my lesson, and only use
wood from a reliable source.

Adriaan

"Nonnymus" > schreef in bericht
> Never combine a narcotic cough syrup, a large Martini and grilling. It
> took Pizza Hut to feed the poor wife last night.
>
> Have any of you ever had a real cooking disaster and set your reputation
> back a few generations?
>
> --
> ---Nonnymus---
> You don’t stand any taller by
> trying to make others appear shorter.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 10-Jul-2007, Nonnymus > wrote:

> Never combine a narcotic cough syrup, a large Martini and grilling. It
> took Pizza Hut to feed the poor wife last night.
>
> Have any of you ever had a real cooking disaster and set your reputation
> back a few generations?
>
> --
> ---Nonnymus---

I'm very fortunate to have a spouse that does not kiss and tell. There
have been some beauts although nothing specific comes to mind. I've
managed to narrowly avert several. Probably the funniest recent disaster
was forgetting a bunch of garlic bread slices under the broiler. It all
turned to fine black soot and distributed itself all over the house.

--
Brick(Divorcing Microsoft)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 07:40:30 -0700, Nonnymus >
wrote:

>Never combine a narcotic cough syrup, a large Martini and grilling. It
>took Pizza Hut to feed the poor wife last night.
>
>Have any of you ever had a real cooking disaster and set your reputation
>back a few generations?

Not a reputation-burner, but I did a good one on some beef ribs a
while back.
A neighbor came over to see the smoker in action, and while showing
him how it worked, I forgot to close the vent on the firebox.
That was a pizza night.

Al Gore's son was pulled over by police on the
San Diego Freeway Tuesday with marijuana, Valium,
Xanax and Vicodin on him. The kid never had a
chance. He got hooked on downers at an early
age listening to his father read him bedtime
stories.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

>>Have any of you ever had a real cooking disaster and set your reputation
>>back a few generations?

We were having steak on the grill one night and they were not defrosted
quite enough. I just popped them into the microwave, hit the defrost button
(or so I thought) and came back a few minutes later to get them.

Instead of defrost, I had hit the power button and the steaks were cooked to
a nice shade of gray. The dog appreciated them. We had burgers at the
local fast food. .

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Jul 10, 9:40 am, Nonnymus > wrote:
> Never combine a narcotic cough syrup, a large Martini and grilling. It
> took Pizza Hut to feed the poor wife last night.
>
> Have any of you ever had a real cooking disaster and set your reputation
> back a few generations?
>
> --
> ---Nonnymus---
> You don't stand any taller by
> trying to make others appear shorter.

I agreed to do some ribs for a friend of a friend. When I arrived, I
found out she had decided to save some time by boiling the ribs for an
hour and drenching them in open pit, ready for me to do my famous
ribs. No recovery whatsoever was possible.
I did encourage lots of beer consumption, however.
Pierre

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 02:01:46 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski" >
wrote:

>>>Have any of you ever had a real cooking disaster and set your reputation
>>>back a few generations?

>We were having steak on the grill one night and they were not defrosted
>quite enough. I just popped them into the microwave, hit the defrost button
>(or so I thought) and came back a few minutes later to get them.
>
>Instead of defrost, I had hit the power button and the steaks were cooked to
>a nice shade of gray. The dog appreciated them. We had burgers at the
>local fast food. .

There you go, Ed - blowing my theorem that you have to be an American
in order to be able to freeze and defrost correctly . . . .

Harry
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 14:06:31 -0700, Pierre > wrote:

>On Jul 10, 9:40 am, Nonnymus > wrote:
>> Never combine a narcotic cough syrup, a large Martini and grilling. It
>> took Pizza Hut to feed the poor wife last night.
>>
>> Have any of you ever had a real cooking disaster and set your reputation
>> back a few generations?
>>
>> --
>> ---Nonnymus---
>> You don't stand any taller by
>> trying to make others appear shorter.

>I agreed to do some ribs for a friend of a friend. When I arrived, I
>found out she had decided to save some time by boiling the ribs for an
>hour and drenching them in open pit, ready for me to do my famous
>ribs. No recovery whatsoever was possible.
>I did encourage lots of beer consumption, however.
>Pierre

Well, you could have cut them up, pop them back into the pot, add some
vegetables and tried for your famous rib soup . . . . . .

Harry

I'd like to send everyone some rain jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 61 17-09-2015 01:10 PM
Send funny sms fazi General Cooking 0 11-07-2007 04:37 AM
Send funny sms fazi General Cooking 0 30-06-2007 04:38 AM
Send this guy some mexican food (in prison) John Wesley Mexican Cooking 0 18-02-2006 02:30 PM
How to send food to Venus ? ? ? ? Dan Simper Preserving 6 06-02-2005 12:50 AM