Posted to alt.food.barbecue
tom tom is offline

Default cast iron grates

I have a Weber Genesis Silver B gas grill and I've been looking for new
cooking grates. I have SS but I'm looking for porcelain coated cast iron
grates. All I seem to find are SS or porcelain coated SS grates. Could
someone direct me to a store or a link where I could find cast iron
porcelain coated grates? TIA Tom G.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

tom wrote:
> I have a Weber Genesis Silver B gas grill and I've been looking for new
> cooking grates. I have SS but I'm looking for porcelain coated cast iron
> grates. All I seem to find are SS or porcelain coated SS grates. Could
> someone direct me to a store or a link where I could find cast iron
> porcelain coated grates? TIA Tom G.

google is your friend

http://www.weber.com/bbq/pub/shop/pr...ProductID=1063
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
tom tom is offline

"shawn" > wrote in message
> tom wrote:
> > I have a Weber Genesis Silver B gas grill and I've been looking for new
> > cooking grates. I have SS but I'm looking for porcelain coated cast iron
> > grates. All I seem to find are SS or porcelain coated SS grates. Could
> > someone direct me to a store or a link where I could find cast iron
> > porcelain coated grates? TIA Tom G.
> >

> google is your friend
>
> http://www.weber.com/bbq/pub/shop/pr...ProductID=1063

Those are porcelain coated SS grates. Been there, done that.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

tom wrote:
> "shawn" > wrote in message
>> tom wrote:
>>> I have a Weber Genesis Silver B gas grill and I've been looking for new
>>> cooking grates. I have SS but I'm looking for porcelain coated cast iron
>>> grates. All I seem to find are SS or porcelain coated SS grates. Could
>>> someone direct me to a store or a link where I could find cast iron
>>> porcelain coated grates? TIA Tom G.
>>>

>> google is your friend
>>
>> http://www.weber.com/bbq/pub/shop/pr...ProductID=1063

> Those are porcelain coated SS grates. Been there, done that.

http://tinyurl.com/24g9mn

I actually found mine at Home Depot but that was quite a few
years ago. 5 or 6 I'd guess.

--
Steve
http://adirondackoutdoors.forumcircle.com
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
tom tom is offline

"tom" > wrote in message
nk.net...
> I have a Weber Genesis Silver B gas grill and I've been looking for new
> cooking grates. I have SS but I'm looking for porcelain coated cast iron
> grates. All I seem to find are SS or porcelain coated SS grates. Could
> someone direct me to a store or a link where I could find cast iron
> porcelain coated grates? TIA Tom G.

I've located the cast iron grates below ( Weber 9937 Porcelain-Ennameled
Cast-Iron Cooking Grates ) but I don't know if they'll fit my grill ( I need
two 11 3/4" x 17 1/4" grates). These cast iron grates are supposed to fit
"Genesis E and S series gas grills" but I'm not sure what size those grates
are. Has anybody used or have these grates and/or know what size they are?
Tom G.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000J5REHI/...wngarden-20&cr
eative=380333&creativeASIN=B000J5REHI&linkCode=asn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://tinyurl.com/3dee9n

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
tom tom is offline

"Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
> tom wrote:

new

iron

> >> google is your friend
> >>
> >> http://www.weber.com/bbq/pub/shop/pr...ProductID=1063

> > Those are porcelain coated SS grates. Been there, done that.
> >

> http://tinyurl.com/24g9mn
>
> I actually found mine at Home Depot but that was quite a few
> years ago. 5 or 6 I'd guess.
>
> --
> Steve
> http://adirondackoutdoors.forumcircle.com

Are they approximately 17 1/4" x 11 3/4"?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

tom wrote:

>> http://tinyurl.com/24g9mn
>>
>> I actually found mine at Home Depot but that was quite a few
>> years ago. 5 or 6 I'd guess.
>>
>> --
>> Steve
>> http://adirondackoutdoors.forumcircle.com

> Are they approximately 17 1/4" x 11 3/4"?

no clue. It doesn't say. If I had to take a guess I'd say
yes but you could always call Amazon or Weber.

--
Steve
http://adirondackoutdoors.forumcircle.com
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Denny Wheeler wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 16:34:28 -0700, Bill
> > wrote:
>
>> Home Depot is the only place I know of that carries porcelain coated
>> cast iron grates for Webers.

> Their website only lists porcelained SS grates for Webers. sigh.
> (GF has Genesis A; was gonna gift her some porcelained CI ones.)
>
> -denny-

I'd go look denny. They used to have 'em. True Value
Hardware stores also carry Weber and accessories, or you
could call about the ones I posted earlier. Either Weber or
Amazon would know if that model number will fit on a Genesis B.

--
Steve
http://adirondackoutdoors.forumcircle.com
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

I just bought some 4 wks ago at Home Depot

"tom" > wrote in message
nk.net...
>I have a Weber Genesis Silver B gas grill and I've been looking for new
> cooking grates. I have SS but I'm looking for porcelain coated cast iron
> grates. All I seem to find are SS or porcelain coated SS grates. Could
> someone direct me to a store or a link where I could find cast iron
> porcelain coated grates? TIA Tom G.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
tom tom is offline

"Sonny Ostrander" > wrote in message
> I just bought some 4 wks ago at Home Depot
>
> "tom" > wrote in message
> nk.net...
> >I have a Weber Genesis Silver B gas grill and I've been looking for new
> > cooking grates. I have SS but I'm looking for porcelain coated cast iron
> > grates. All I seem to find are SS or porcelain coated SS grates. Could
> > someone direct me to a store or a link where I could find cast iron
> > porcelain coated grates? TIA Tom G.

Thanks......I'll there check tomorrow. Could you possibly measure them and
post the size if their Weber 9937's?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Steve Calvin > wrote:
> tom wrote:
> >>>
> >> http://tinyurl.com/24g9mn
> >>
> >> I actually found mine at Home Depot but that was quite a few
> >> years ago. 5 or 6 I'd guess.
> >>
> >> http://adirondackoutdoors.forumcircle.com

> > Are they approximately 17 1/4" x 11 3/4"?
> >

> no clue. It doesn't say. If I had to take a guess I'd say
> yes but you could always call Amazon or Weber.

Or drive to Home Depot!

~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"tom" > wrote in message
nk.net...
>I have a Weber Genesis Silver B gas grill and I've been looking for new
> cooking grates. I have SS but I'm looking for porcelain coated cast iron
> grates. All I seem to find are SS or porcelain coated SS grates. Could
> someone direct me to a store or a link where I could find cast iron
> porcelain coated grates? TIA Tom G.

I've seen it very recently at Home Depot.
I'm pretty sure Weber doesn't make a porcelain coated SS grate.

Kent

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
tom tom is offline

"Denny Wheeler" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 16:13:24 -0700, "Kent" > wrote:
>

> >"tom" > wrote in message
> ink.net...
> >>I have a Weber Genesis Silver B gas grill and I've been looking for new
> >> cooking grates. I have SS but I'm looking for porcelain coated cast

iron
> >> grates. All I seem to find are SS or porcelain coated SS grates. Could
> >> someone direct me to a store or a link where I could find cast iron
> >> porcelain coated grates? TIA Tom G.
> >>

> >I've seen it very recently at Home Depot.
> >I'm pretty sure Weber doesn't make a porcelain coated SS grate.

> Weber's site doesn't address the metal used in their model 9860
> grates; on Home Depot's site, that specific model grate is described
> as "these solid, stainless-steel cooking grates" (the 'description'
> tab) and
> "Model # 9860
> Material Porcelain Enameled Steel"
> (specifications tab)
>
> Me, I'd just as soon discover that Kent's right and HD's wrong.
> But...
> (hm. Go over to HD and take a magnet along???)
> >Kent
> >

> -denny-
> --
>
> The test of courage comes when we are in the minority.
> The test of tolerance comes when we are in the majority.

I found the porcelain coated cast iron grates I was looking for at HD. They
weigh a ton and couldn't possibly be mistaken for SS grates. Thanks to all
who responded to my post.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

tom wrote:

> I found the porcelain coated cast iron grates I was looking for at HD. They
> weigh a ton and couldn't possibly be mistaken for SS grates. Thanks to all
> who responded to my post.

Great! (no pun intended. ;-) ) I bought our so long ago I
wasn't sure if they'd still have 'em. You'll do well with
them as long as you get them good and hot before tossing
things on. Unless I'm doing veggies, I typically don't even
oil 'em. For steaks, I get 'em as hot as possible, toss the
meat on and leave it there and *don't* move 'em for a few
minutes. They don't stick and you get very nice markings.

Good luck and enjoy

--
Steve
http://adirondackoutdoors.forumcircle.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"tom" > wrote in message
nk.net...

>>>where I could find cast iron porcelain coated grates? <<<

I picked mine up last fall at Home Depot when the had a 20% off sale on
grill accessories.
Our Sears store carries them (didn't see them at Sears online) and they
offer an extra 10% every now and then. RM~

PS, They sure make a difference, cooking and clean up.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Experienced Member

Location: Las Vegas, NV

"tom" > wrote in message
nk.net...
>I have a Weber Genesis Silver B gas grill and I've been looking for new
> cooking grates. I have SS but I'm looking for porcelain coated cast iron
> grates. All I seem to find are SS or porcelain coated SS grates. Could
> someone direct me to a store or a link where I could find cast iron
> porcelain coated grates? TIA Tom G.

http://www.shopperschoice.com/item_i...e_froogle.html
That's what I have.
Tonia