Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default The grill used to BBQ girlfriend

I heard on the radio that some guy in Texas (I think) completely
disposed of his girlfriend by using his patio grill? They didn't find
any bones supposedly. Anyone know what grill he used? I don't know
anything on the market that can heat up that high?
Sorry about the morbid subject and I do hope they fry this guy. I just
don't believe his story.

Thanks
Roger

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"unix" > wrote in message
ups.com...

>>> Anyone know what grill he used? I don't know anything on the market that

can heat up that high?<<<

My silver B with the cast iron grates goes to the peg which is well past
600. Works as well as a self cleaning oven, doesn't take too long and there
aren't any crispy critters left. Just a light brushing with wire brush and a
light rub down with oil and it's ready for the next run. RM~

PS, I don't let it get that high for very long, seems like it might damage
things but don't really know for sure.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 2007-03-26, Rob Mills > wrote:

> "unix" > wrote in message
> ups.com...

> can heat up that high?<<<
>
> My silver B with the cast iron grates goes to the peg which is well past
> 600. Works as well as a self cleaning oven, doesn't take too long and there
> aren't any crispy critters left. Just a light brushing with wire brush and a
> light rub down with oil and it's ready for the next run. RM~
>
> PS, I don't let it get that high for very long, seems like it might damage
> things but don't really know for sure.

I've had my Kamado somewhere in the neighborhood of 850-900 degrees.. Makes a
burnin hot fire -- certainly enough for flashbacks.. Don't ask how I know that
(he writes with a little less hair on his arms,etc)..

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Rick F." > wrote in message
> On 2007-03-26, Rob Mills > wrote:

>> (he writes with a little less hair on his arms,etc).. <<

Right! Don't use a short handled wire brush. (

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> On 26 Mar 2007 07:51:00 -0700, unix wrote:
>
> > I heard on the radio that some guy in Texas (I think) completely
> > disposed of his girlfriend by using his patio grill? They didn't find
> > any bones supposedly. Anyone know what grill he used? I don't know
> > anything on the market that can heat up that high?
> > Sorry about the morbid subject and I do hope they fry this guy. I just
> > don't believe his story.

> It says they're withholding the information since it may be
> crucial to the investigation (even though he confessed).
>
> http://www.courttv.com/news/2007/0326/shepherd_ap.html
>
> I'm guessing liquid oxygen. He was an A&M Student, after all (not
> that that alone makes him smart). Even a crematorium doesn't burn
> everything - they grind up what's left.
>
> Obviouslly somthing else was used here in addition to the B&B Oak
> lump charcoal.
>
> -sw

Steve, His victim was an A&m student. He was an unemployed pizza deliverer.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 26 Mar 2007 07:51:00 -0700, "unix" > wrote:

>I heard on the radio that some guy in Texas (I think) completely
>disposed of his girlfriend by using his patio grill? They didn't find
>any bones supposedly. Anyone know what grill he used? I don't know
>anything on the market that can heat up that high?
>Sorry about the morbid subject and I do hope they fry this guy. I just
>don't believe his story.
>
>Thanks
>Roger

Cremations are done at between 1500 and 1900 degrees f.
This still leaves bones, which are gound up.
I seriouisly doubt that a "patio grill" will attain those temps.
Obviously (not only because the article says so) the police know more
than they are saying. Thye must have other evidence (witnesses?) to
put forth a believable case, given no remains to even prove that a
death occured.

--
The Discovery Channel debuted
a new documentary series called
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Steve Wertz wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 12:39:28 GMT, Jack Sloan wrote:

>>>It says they're withholding the information since it may be
>>>crucial to the investigation (even though he confessed).
>>>
>>>http://www.courttv.com/news/2007/0326/shepherd_ap.html
>>>
>>>I'm guessing liquid oxygen. He was an A&M Student, after all (not
>>>that that alone makes him smart). Even a crematorium doesn't burn
>>>everything - they grind up what's left.
>>>
>>>Obviouslly somthing else was used here in addition to the B&B Oak
>>>lump charcoal.

>>Steve, His victim was an A&m student. He was an unemployed pizza deliverer.

> So he was, I see.
>
> The stories make it sound like "Pizza Delievry" is a career of
> some sort.
>
> Notice how they give prominence to the victim, a "College Student
> at A&M", while degrading her boyfriend by calling him an
> "Unemployed Pizza Delivery Boy".
>
> If I were a Pizza Delivery Boy, I'd be offended at the
> insinuation. Hrmpf!
>
> -sw

If he was unemployed, he wasn't anything. Not even a pizza delivery BOY.

Just unemployed.

I hate to think what I might be labeled;

Unemployed:

teacher
programmer
systems administrator
Car wash employee
Immigration inspector
Police Officer
Border Patrol Agent

Oh Yea!

Pizza Delivery BOY.

Yep, I done 'em all.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 12:39:28 GMT, Jack Sloan wrote:

> >> It says they're withholding the information since it may be
> >> crucial to the investigation (even though he confessed).
> >>
> >> http://www.courttv.com/news/2007/0326/shepherd_ap.html
> >>
> >> I'm guessing liquid oxygen. He was an A&M Student, after all (not
> >> that that alone makes him smart). Even a crematorium doesn't burn
> >> everything - they grind up what's left.
> >>
> >> Obviouslly somthing else was used here in addition to the B&B Oak
> >> lump charcoal.

> > Steve, His victim was an A&m student. He was an unemployed pizza

deliverer.

> So he was, I see.
>
> The stories make it sound like "Pizza Delievry" is a career of
> some sort.
>
> Notice how they give prominence to the victim, a "College Student
> at A&M", while degrading her boyfriend by calling him an
> "Unemployed Pizza Delivery Boy".
>
> If I were a Pizza Delivery Boy, I'd be offended at the
> insinuation. Hrmpf!
>
> -sw

He was 27and an unemployed pizza deliverer. She was 19 and an honor student
at A&M...sound any different?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"shawn" > wrote in message

>>> Oh Yea! Pizza Delivery BOY.<<<

I'll have a large Canadian bacon with mushrooms and onions. )

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 01:01:41 GMT, Jack Sloan wrote:
>
> > He was 27and an unemployed pizza deliverer. She was 19 and an honor

student
> > at A&M...sound any different?

> Yep. Now she sounds downright stupid.
>
> -sw