Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default World's Finest Quick and Easy Recipes

A Free Gift - Download Your Free Copy of the
"World's Finest Quick and Easy Recipes" Cookbook
Enjoy these delicious dishes yourself or email the cookbook to a
friend.
http://cookpkpq.blogspot.com/#

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Stoker vs pitminder vs ??

As I sit here tending a fire every 15 to 20 minutes, I have to say some
sort of gizmo to control the fire sounds awfully nice.

I've seen the Pitminder (http://www.thebbqguru.com/) and Stoker
(http://www.rocksbarbque.com) web sites. Both look pretty cool, though
it looks like you get more with a Stoker than a high end PitMinder.

Still, what counts is results. Has anyone used either, or better yet -
both, of these critters? Any comments?

Thanks,
Mike

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Mike Avery" > wrote in message
news:mailman.4.1170279236.83618.alt.food.barbecue@ mail.otherwhen.com...
> As I sit here tending a fire every 15 to 20 minutes, I have to say some
> sort of gizmo to control the fire sounds awfully nice.
>
> I've seen the Pitminder (http://www.thebbqguru.com/) and Stoker
> (http://www.rocksbarbque.com) web sites. Both look pretty cool, though it
> looks like you get more with a Stoker than a high end PitMinder.
>
> Still, what counts is results. Has anyone used either, or better yet -
> both, of these critters? Any comments?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

I have a guru on a Backwoods Competitor--works great--holds temps
perfectly--the reports I've heard on the Stoker are mostly
positive--especially if you want to do multiple cookers with one
controller--believe thier is a computer interface available with the stoker
also
ymmv

Buzz

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 14:38:08 -0700, Mike Avery
> wrote:

>As I sit here tending a fire every 15 to 20 minutes, I have to say some
>sort of gizmo to control the fire sounds awfully nice.
>
>I've seen the Pitminder (http://www.thebbqguru.com/) and Stoker
>(http://www.rocksbarbque.com) web sites. Both look pretty cool, though
>it looks like you get more with a Stoker than a high end PitMinder.
>
>Still, what counts is results. Has anyone used either, or better yet -
>both, of these critters? Any comments?
>
>Thanks,
>Mike

I have the BBQ Guru Competitor, The BBQ Guru ProCom4 and The Stoker.
They all work great. I have posted reviews of all three on my
website, along with a side by side comparison of features on the
Competitor and Stoker. You can find these reviews at:

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/productreviews.htm

I hope this helps you!
TNW
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

lost husband wrote:
> You can find these reviews at:
>
> http://www.nakedwhiz.com/productreviews.htm
>
> I hope this helps you!

It does, thanks.

Mike

--
Mike Avery mavery at mail dot otherwhen dot com
part time baker ICQ 16241692

Once seen on road signs all over the United States:
Pull off
The road
To change a flat
Protect your life--
No spare for that!
Burma-Shave

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"lost husband" > wrote in message

"lost husband"???

> I have the BBQ Guru Competitor, The BBQ Guru ProCom4 and The Stoker.
> They all work great. I have posted reviews of all three on my
> website, along with a side by side comparison of features on the
> Competitor and Stoker. You can find these reviews at:
>
> http://www.nakedwhiz.com/productreviews.htm
>
> I hope this helps you!
> TNW

You can connect the Stoker to your computer (either wired or wirelessly) and
monitor or change the settings from anywhere that you can access your
computer or network.

BOB