Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default BBQ near Venice, Florida

Folks,

I'm a 'lurker' much of the time on this group. I'm currently
'wintering' in Venice, Florida. There is a bbq place here in Venice
which I need to explore a bit more. My first 'take' on the place is
that it is ....okaaaaaay.......but...

Any other places near to Venice that any of you can recommend??

Tim

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

cubanpole wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I'm a 'lurker' much of the time on this group. I'm currently
> 'wintering' in Venice, Florida. There is a bbq place here in Venice
> which I need to explore a bit more. My first 'take' on the place is
> that it is ....okaaaaaay.......but...
>
> Any other places near to Venice that any of you can recommend??

Tim,

I always liked Sonny's when I lived in Florida. They had good baked
beans and garlic bread.
I know some people on this group don't like it because it is a chain
and the BBQ might not be as authentic as other places and I'm not
trying to annoy them, but it is a good restaurant and there is most
likely one near you.

Have you been down to Venice Beach to dig for shark's teeth? I always
enjoyed that when we were down there.

- Bobby

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"cubanpole" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Folks,
>
> I'm a 'lurker' much of the time on this group. I'm currently
> 'wintering' in Venice, Florida. There is a bbq place here in Venice
> which I need to explore a bit more. My first 'take' on the place is
> that it is ....okaaaaaay.......but...
>
> Any other places near to Venice that any of you can recommend??
>
> Tim

Being a year round Florida resident, I can recommend plenny. Let's start
with the ones in Wisconsin. They all suck.

From there I'd recommend the finer establishments in Minnesota (**** it if I
spelt it wrong).

My best advice to anyone wintering in Florida is to get a ****ing clue! We
don't like you here, we don't want you here. Stay home when it snows.

--
TFM®
Zephyrhills (God loves a yankee, cause we don't) Florida

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

wrote:
> > Folks,
> >
> > I'm a 'lurker' much of the time on this group. I'm currently
> > 'wintering' in Venice, Florida. There is a bbq place here in Venice
> > which I need to explore a bit more. My first 'take' on the place is
> > that it is ....okaaaaaay.......but...
> >
> > Any other places near to Venice that any of you can recommend??
> >

> Tim,
>
> I always liked Sonny's when I lived in Florida. They had good baked
> beans and garlic bread.

Scuse me Sir ****stick Yankee Asswipe, but Sonny's is known in the south for
sucking harder than a black hole!

> I know some people on this group don't like it because it is a chain
> and the BBQ might not be as authentic as other places

Nor as good as eating Mexican shit out of a Port-A-Potty.

> Have you been down to Venice Beach to dig for shark's teeth? I always
> enjoyed that when we were down there.

I'd rather eat shark's teeth than Sonny's fare.

--
TFM®
Zephyrhills (Resident, not Yankee scum) Florida

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Wow, tell us how you really feel there TFM!!!

"TFM®" > wrote in message

> "cubanpole" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>> Folks,
>>
>> I'm a 'lurker' much of the time on this group. I'm currently
>> 'wintering' in Venice, Florida. There is a bbq place here in Venice
>> which I need to explore a bit more. My first 'take' on the place is
>> that it is ....okaaaaaay.......but...
>>
>> Any other places near to Venice that any of you can recommend??
>>
>> Tim
>>

> Being a year round Florida resident, I can recommend plenny. Let's start
> with the ones in Wisconsin. They all suck.
>
> From there I'd recommend the finer establishments in Minnesota (**** it if
> spelt it wrong).
>
> My best advice to anyone wintering in Florida is to get a ****ing clue!
> We
> don't like you here, we don't want you here. Stay home when it snows.
>

> --
> TFM®
> Zephyrhills (God loves a yankee, cause we don't) Florida

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

You might give this place a try. It has been a few years but could still be
a place to try.

Gold Rush BBQ. 661 Tamiami Tr S

DG

Venice buy sf[_19_] General Cooking 8 22-10-2009 05:16 PM
Venice buy sf[_19_] General Cooking 25 21-10-2009 01:49 PM
good bbq in Venice , Florida area Cubanpole Barbecue 1 14-09-2005 01:49 AM
Venice Herbs [email protected] General Cooking 1 28-10-2004 03:30 PM
DAVES FARM FRESH FLORIDA PRODUCE BROOKSVILLE FLORIDA CHERRY PICKER Restaurants 0 09-06-2004 04:52 AM