Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Burnt Island, FL ., Jan 1st.

Big Jim and his crew are doing one of their last shindigs in Burnt Island,
FL on Jan 1st. He's been a bit out of commission lately, so he hasn't
posted regarding the food fest and I'm speaking on his behalf.

Anyone going to be in the Micanopy, FL area on Mon., Jan. 1st is invited for
a huge pig-out. Usual fare is brisket, sausages, fried venison, pulled
pork, hush puppies, swamp cabbage, beans, cornbread - southern fare, cooked
with southern flair.

Looking forward to seeing the usual suspects.

Christy aka kili
--
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Oh man, after the other one I attended this is very, very tempting and only
90 minutes or so away from Orlando. If I can make it down, what can one
bring to the event?

I can help to pickle everyone's livers or thicken up the blood stream

evan

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

<asd> wrote in message ...
> Oh man, after the other one I attended this is very, very tempting and

only
> 90 minutes or so away from Orlando. If I can make it down, what can one
> bring to the event?
>
> I can help to pickle everyone's livers or thicken up the blood stream
>
> evan

It's north from Orlando. It's not far from Gainesville, really. Bring
whatever you want, but keep in mind it's a HUGE crowd; I'm talking hundreds.
If you want to keep something just for our group, pull a chair up alongside
Big Jim and it will get distributed amongst the handful of us. :~)

kili
--
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini