Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default "But I really LIKED their cole slaw...." Hundreds sickened after eating at popular biker bar

" Hundreds sickened after eating at popular biker bar
December 1, 2006, 6:22 PM EST

" SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) - At least 600 people were sickened
after eating at a popular biker bar and restaurant over
the weekend, health officials said Friday.

" The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
was notified of the outbreak of gastrointestinal
illness because people who ate at the Dinosaur
Bar-B-Que may have come from across the country,
said Cynthia Morrow, health commissioner of
Onondaga County.

rest:

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/wi...gion-apnewyork

-Chef Juke
"EVERYbody Eats When They Come To MY House!"
www.chefjuke.com
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Chef Juke wrote:

> " The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
> was notified of the outbreak of gastrointestinal
> illness because people who ate at the Dinosaur
> Bar-B-Que may have come from across the country,
> said Cynthia Morrow, health commissioner of
> Onondaga County.

Ouch! And I have their cookbook, even.

<http://www.amazon.com/Dinosaur-Bar-B-Que-Roadhouse-John-Stage/dp/1580082653/sr=1-1/qid=1165041472/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-5708514-7305518?ie=UTF8&s=books>

Maybe I should skip their coleslaw recipe...

--
Reg

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article > ,
says...
> Chef Juke wrote:
>
> > " The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
> > was notified of the outbreak of gastrointestinal
> > illness because people who ate at the Dinosaur
> > Bar-B-Que may have come from across the country,
> > said Cynthia Morrow, health commissioner of
> > Onondaga County.

> Ouch! And I have their cookbook, even.
>
> <http://www.amazon.com/Dinosaur-Bar-B-Que-Roadhouse-John-Stage/dp/1580082653/sr=1-1/qid=1165041472/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-5708514-7305518?ie=UTF8&s=books>
>
> Maybe I should skip their coleslaw recipe...

"Stool samples of sickened customers have so far ruled out bacteria as
the cause. That means the cause is likely viral and could be spreading
through air particles, Morrow said.

Restaurant patrons from throughout central New York and as far away as
Massachusetts, New Jersey, Vermont and California have contacted the
health department with reports of symptoms. Some were sickened after
eating at the restaurant, while others became ill after being exposed
to those who'd been to the restaurant, health officials said.

The most common symptoms include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal
cramps and chills lasting 12-48 hours."

Sounds like it may not be food poisoning at all. Somebody working with
the 2 day flu perhaps.

Bill
--
Gmail and Google Groups. This century's answer to AOL and WebTV.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Bill wrote:
> reg says...
>> Chef Juke wrote:

>>> " The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
>>> was notified of the outbreak of gastrointestinal
>>> illness because people who ate at the Dinosaur
>>> Bar-B-Que may have come from across the country,
>>> said Cynthia Morrow, health commissioner of
>>> Onondaga County.

> The most common symptoms include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal
> cramps and chills lasting 12-48 hours."
>
> Sounds like it may not be food poisoning at all. Somebody working with
> the 2 day flu perhaps.

Sounds like what hit $dayjob a few weeks ago. It was either the
walking dead trying to hack up a lung or the sitting dead trying
to blast enamel off the toilets. Got the whole darn office.

So far all I got was a hacking cough that lasted about three days.
I attribute the quick recovery to single malt scotch and lots of
home made BBQ.

--
DougW

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
Chef Juke > wrote:
>" Hundreds sickened after eating at popular biker bar
> December 1, 2006, 6:22 PM EST

<article snipped>

Looks like Dinosaur BBQ opened for lunch today and they've reported that
this outbreak hasn't stopped anybody. They actually scrubbed the place
twice.

That won't stop me from going there--might consider walking over for lunch
sometime this week!

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Karl Kingston wrote:
> Chef Juke wrote:
>> " Hundreds sickened after eating at popular biker bar
>> December 1, 2006, 6:22 PM EST
>>

> <article snipped>
>
> Looks like Dinosaur BBQ opened for lunch today and they've reported
> that this outbreak hasn't stopped anybody. They actually scrubbed
> the place twice.
>
> That won't stop me from going there--might consider walking over for
> lunch sometime this week!

Arg! You never clean a BBQ restaurant, it removes the seasoning.

--
DougW
That which doesn't kill you probably tastes bad.