Posted to rec.food.baking

Default Rosie's recipe - measuring ingredients

Hello,

Referring to Rosie's sour cream chocolate cake recipe, I have problem
trying to convert the cup measurements to grams. Does anyone know:
1. the weight in grams per cup of sifted all-purpose flour, sugar?
2. how much in ml per cup of sour cream, vegetable oil?

Kim

Posted to rec.food.baking

wrote on 23 Jul 2006 in rec.food.baking

> Hello,
>
> Referring to Rosie's sour cream chocolate cake recipe, I have problem
> trying to convert the cup measurements to grams. Does anyone know:
> 1. the weight in grams per cup of sifted all-purpose flour, sugar?
> 2. how much in ml per cup of sour cream, vegetable oil?
>
> Kim

A cup is set to 250 ml in Canada, for baking purposes. Flour will weigh
different weights on different days...due to humidity. So get a 250ml
container or measuring cup.

An American cup is 8 American Fluid ounces...You can do the conversion to
ml. An Imperial cup is 10 British ounces There is a difference in ounce
sizes. Rosie's recipe is probably American.

If you plan on doing a lot of Baking involving cups...buy a set of
American measuring cups on the net...they are fairly cheap even with
shipping charges.

--

Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect

-Alan