FoodBanter.com

-   -   Topping for Pumpkin Cheesecake (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/73413-topping-pumpkin-cheesecake.html)

[email protected] 04-11-2005 02:08 AM

Topping for Pumpkin Cheesecake

Again I come to the experts for advice -- this time a recipe. Does
anyone have anything interesting that could be used to top a pumpkin
cheesecake??? Hopefully nothing too elaborate. Any and all
suggestions much appreciated.

Vox Humana 04-11-2005 02:18 AM

Topping for Pumpkin Cheesecake

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Again I come to the experts for advice -- this time a recipe. Does
> anyone have anything interesting that could be used to top a pumpkin
> cheesecake??? Hopefully nothing too elaborate. Any and all
> suggestions much appreciated.

I think this is a case where simple is best. I would stick to whipped
cream. You could flavor the cream with some spices. You could mix some
crushed pralines with the whipped cream Crème fraiche might be a nice
alternative. Traditional fruit toppings don't seem right for pumpkin
cheesecake. I think chocolate would be overpowering.

Lisa's Gourmet 04-11-2005 01:20 PM

Topping for Pumpkin Cheesecake

Here is something a little different:

Take a box of instant vanilla pudding, replace the 2 cups cold milk with 2
cups cold heavy cream --- whip until thick, spread on pie.

My customers LOVE this alternative to whipped cream and it pairs nicely with
the pumpkin.

Lisa
Lisa's Gourmet Confections and Foods
http://www.emotigear.com/LisasGourmet

oups.com...

King's Crown 16-11-2005 04:02 AM

Topping for Pumpkin Cheesecake

I make a gingersnap crust for my pumpkin cheese cake. I reserve a few
crumbs to sprinkle on top too.

Lynne

oups.com...

Chuck 16-11-2005 05:56 PM

Topping for Pumpkin Cheesecake

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 04:02:34 GMT, "King's Crown" >
wrote:

>I make a gingersnap crust for my pumpkin cheese cake. I reserve a few
>crumbs to sprinkle on top too.
>
>Lynne
>
> wrote in message
roups.com...
>> Again I come to the experts for advice -- this time a recipe. Does
>> anyone have anything interesting that could be used to top a pumpkin
>> cheesecake??? Hopefully nothing too elaborate. Any and all
>> suggestions much appreciated.

Ok,, I missed it.. I'm really into making cheesecakes..
and I missed the one you probably posted here for pumpkin cheesecake..
Chuck (in SC)

Vox Humana 16-11-2005 06:19 PM

"Chuck" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 04:02:34 GMT, "King's Crown" >
> wrote:
>
> >I make a gingersnap crust for my pumpkin cheese cake. I reserve a few
> >crumbs to sprinkle on top too.
> >
> >Lynne
> >
> > wrote in message
> roups.com...
> >> Again I come to the experts for advice -- this time a recipe. Does
> >> anyone have anything interesting that could be used to top a pumpkin
> >> cheesecake??? Hopefully nothing too elaborate. Any and all
> >> suggestions much appreciated.
> >>

> Ok,, I missed it.. I'm really into making cheesecakes..
> and I missed the one you probably posted here for pumpkin cheesecake..
> Chuck (in SC)

Google Groups archives Usenet groups. You can simply browse the group or
you can do an advanced search.
http://groups.google.com/grphp?hl=en&tab=wg&q=