Default Canneles help

I am trying to make Canneles - the French rum cake that is crusty on
the outside and moist inside. I've tried 2 different recipes, but both
times the outside gets crusty and the inside is runny. I have even
cooked them for 20 minutes longer than called for in the recipe (50
minutes). I am using a silicon mold and am wondering if that is why
(it doesn't conduct heat like metal) and I just need to cook them much
longer. I might add that the batter is very runny, I would say thinner
than pancake batter, so I don't know if that is a problem also.

Check if this is close to your recipe. It specifies muffin tins so it
may be your mold is too big.

Cannel=E9s
Your Guide, Debra F.Weber From Debra F.Weber,
Your Guide to French Cuisine.
FREE Newsletter. Sign Up Now!

These individual vanilla and rum flavored cakes are a speciality of
Southwest France. The cakes take their name from the special, fluted
molds they are baked in, cannel=E9 is the French word for fluted. If you
don't have the special molds, you can also bake the cakes in a muffin
tin.

Pronounced: kahn leh

These need to be started 2 days before you plan to bake them.

INGREDIENTS:

* 3-1/4 cups milk (preferably whole milk)
* 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
* 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
* 3 large eggs
* 2 Tablespoons dark rum (lke Gosling's)
* 2 cups granulated sugar
* 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flout
* unsalted butter, softened for buttering the molds

PREPARATION:
Two days before you plan to serve the cannel=E9s:
1=2E Pour the milk in a saucepan, add the vanilla bean and place the pan
over med-high heat.

2=2E Bring the milk to a boil; remove from the heat set aside. Allow the
milk to cool to room temperature. When it is at room temperature, cover
and place in the refrigerator overnight.

The day befo
3=2E Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.

4=2E Whisk the eggs into the vanilla milk. Then whisk in the rum and the
warm, melted butter.

5=2E Whisk in the sugar and flour. Cover and refrigerate overnight.

Today's the day!
6=2E Generously butter the 12 molds or 2 muffin tins (these are the
regular size tins, each tim will have 6 spaces) and place in the
refrigerator until the butter is firm.

7=2E Preheat the oven to 400F.

8=2E Remove the vanilla bean from the batter and re-whisk the batter to
mix well. Ladle the batter into the molds or muffin tins. Fill them
almost to the top.

9=2E Put the molds or tins on a baking sheet and place in the oven for 50
to 60 minutes. Check on them after about 45 minutes. They should be
very dark brown but not black.

10. Remove from the oven and turn out of the molds while they are still
warm.

To serve:

The cannel=E9s will be dark brown, caramelized and crunchy on the
outside and soft and moist on the inside. Serve them for tea, as a
dessert, snack or at a brunch. If you're feeling very hedonistic one
day, eat them for a special Sunday breakfast treat!

It is similiar, Mine said to bake @ 425 for 50 minutes. I may need to
try baking them for 80-90 minutes until a toothpick almost come out
clean.