Wakako Kusumoto

Default Perforated Pie Pan?

Hi,

Does anyone here use perforated pie pans? I have a question -- rather
silly, but anyway -- about them.

I bought Chicago Metallic's pie pans and used them today for the first time
to bake blueberry pies. The pies turned out quite well -- but, since I cut
them when they were still warm, blueberry juice ran and dripped through
those tiny holes on the bottom. I had a plate underneath, so the juice
didn't stain anything, but I was sorry to see so much yummy blueberry juice
wasted.

This makes me wonder -- How do you deal with perforated pans? Do you wait
until pies are set, then cut them? I guess I should always keep a plate
underneath, though, just in case. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Wakako

Wayne Boatwright

On Sun 06 Mar 2005 08:51:03a, Wakako Kusumoto wrote in rec.food.baking:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone here use perforated pie pans? I have a question -- rather
> silly, but anyway -- about them.
>
> I bought Chicago Metallic's pie pans and used them today for the first
> time to bake blueberry pies. The pies turned out quite well -- but,
> since I cut them when they were still warm, blueberry juice ran and
> dripped through those tiny holes on the bottom. I had a plate
> underneath, so the juice didn't stain anything, but I was sorry to see
> so much yummy blueberry juice wasted.
>
> This makes me wonder -- How do you deal with perforated pans? Do you
> wait until pies are set, then cut them? I guess I should always keep a
> plate underneath, though, just in case. Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Wakako

I think you've thought of them. If you want the benefit of the holes,
they obviously cannot be covered up in baking. You could, however, wrap
the bottom in foil before cutting the pie.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974
Otto Bahn

"Wayne Boatwright" > firmly grasped the obvious:

> I think you've thought of them. If you want the benefit of the holes,
> they obviously cannot be covered up in baking. You could, however, wrap
> the bottom in foil before cutting the pie.

IFYKWIM, AITYD.

--oTTo--

MOMPEAGRAM

"Otto Bahn" > wrote in message
> "Wayne Boatwright" > firmly grasped the obvious:
>
>> I think you've thought of them. If you want the benefit of the holes,
>> they obviously cannot be covered up in baking. You could, however, wrap
>> the bottom in foil before cutting the pie.

> IFYKWIM, AITYD.
>
> --oTTo--

Huh???

Peggy

"MOMPEAGRAM" > wrote in message
news:1110386824.8d0649d1a2634d3c73513b39119117f0@t eranews...

> "Otto Bahn" > wrote in message
> > "Wayne Boatwright" > firmly grasped the obvious:
> >
> >> I think you've thought of them. If you want the benefit of the holes,
> >> they obviously cannot be covered up in baking. You could, however,

wrap
> >> the bottom in foil before cutting the pie.

> > IFYKWIM, AITYD.
> >
> > --oTTo--
> >

> Huh???

for what it's worth, I think that means "if you know what I mean, and I
think you do."
~Peggy

Otto Bahn

"Peggy" > wrote

No small coincidence you are posting about pie, eh?

> wrap
> > >
> > > IFYKWIM, AITYD.
> > >
> > > --oTTo--
> > >

> > Huh???
> >

> FWIW, ITTM "IFYKWIM, AITYD."

IFYPFY!

--O--

Still symmetrical after all these years

MOMPEAGRAM

"Peggy" > wrote in message
> "MOMPEAGRAM" > wrote in message
> news:1110386824.8d0649d1a2634d3c73513b39119117f0@t eranews...
>>
>> "Otto Bahn" > wrote in message
>> > "Wayne Boatwright" > firmly grasped the obvious:

> wrap
>> >
>> > IFYKWIM, AITYD.
>> >
>> > --oTTo--
>> >

>> Huh???
>>

> for what it's worth, I think that means "if you know what I mean, and I
> think you do."
> ~Peggy

Thanks Peggy. I pick most short forms, but that was too much at once for an
old lady.

Peggy

"Otto Bahn" wrote

> IFYPFY!

But that one I don't know.

MOMPEAGRAM

"Peggy" > wrote in message

> "Otto Bahn" wrote
>
>> IFYPFY!

> But that one I don't know.

That's cause he's too fast! LOL

Otto Bahn

"Peggy" > wrote

> > IFYPFY!

> But that one I don't know.

"I fixed your post for you," though it is usually said to
a guy as a double innuendo.

--oTTo--

My Left Foot

"MOMPEAGRAM" > wrote in message
news:1110397011.366d59ce7675a468ce1f48854ca37d21@t eranews...

> "Peggy" > wrote in message
> > "MOMPEAGRAM" > wrote in message
> > news:1110386824.8d0649d1a2634d3c73513b39119117f0@t eranews...

obvious:

holes,

> > wrap

> >> Huh???
> >>

> > for what it's worth, I think that means "if you know what I mean, and I
> > think you do."
> > ~Peggy
> >

> Thanks Peggy. I pick most short forms, but that was too much at once for

an
> old lady.

FNARR! FNARR!

Bill Marcum

["Followup-To:" header set to alt.religion.kibology.]
On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 13:25:15 +1030, My Left Foot
<Sh@tmypants> wrote:

> "MOMPEAGRAM" > wrote in message
> news:1110397011.366d59ce7675a468ce1f48854ca37d21@t eranews...
>>
>> "Peggy" > wrote in message
>> > "MOMPEAGRAM" > wrote in message
>> > news:1110386824.8d0649d1a2634d3c73513b39119117f0@t eranews...

> obvious:

> holes,
>> > wrap

>> > for what it's worth, I think that means "if you know what I mean, and I
>> > think you do."
>> > ~Peggy
>> >

>> Thanks Peggy. I pick most short forms, but that was too much at once for

> an
>> old lady.

> FNARR! FNARR!

Now she'll be up all night trying to figure out what FNARR stands for.

jimmyjames

Just get some Glass pie pans
"Wakako Kusumoto" > wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone here use perforated pie pans? I have a question -- rather
> silly, but anyway -- about them.
>
> I bought Chicago Metallic's pie pans and used them today for the first

time
> to bake blueberry pies. The pies turned out quite well -- but, since I

cut
> them when they were still warm, blueberry juice ran and dripped through
> those tiny holes on the bottom. I had a plate underneath, so the juice
> didn't stain anything, but I was sorry to see so much yummy blueberry

juice
> wasted.
>
> This makes me wonder -- How do you deal with perforated pans? Do you wait
> until pies are set, then cut them? I guess I should always keep a plate
> underneath, though, just in case. Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Wakako

jimmyjames