Old 23-01-2005, 10:16 PM
Vox Humana

"Dee Randall" deedoveyatshenteldotnet wrote in message

Ah, ha, I just see this on amazon, a KitchenAid attachment, KitchenAid

KRAV
Ravioli Maker Attachment which might be the one you are speaking of? It,
too, alone, is $99.99. I'm wondering if the KitchenAid ravioli making
machine is the one you bought. This looks like a secret that one learns
when one asks the question at the Pearly Gates.
Dee

No, the one I have is similar but is made by Simac. Strangely, the
KitchenAid model just uses the mixer as a support. It is not driven by the
machine, but simply attaches to the mixer's power port. You have to hand
crank it. There are a number of these machines all of similar design. It
seems anyone who makes a pasta roller also makes a ravioli machine. As I
said, I can't get mine to work. I put in the ingredients and out comes a
ness.

Old 23-01-2005, 10:17 PM
Vox Humana

"Vox Humana" wrote in message

"Dee Randall" deedoveyatshenteldotnet wrote in message
.

Curious if you, Vox, or anyone else have/has used wonton rappers as the
dough for ravioli. I've seen this in quite a few cookbooks, but I've

never
tried them.
Thanks,
Dee

I haven't but they are cheap, so it would be an interesting experiment. You
could alway deep fry them.

Old 24-01-2005, 04:14 AM
RsH

Been there and done that. Here in T.O. we can get almost any size and
shape of wrapper in the oriental food section or the dairy section of
the supermarket. We can get square or round wonton, spring roll, egg
roll, etc. wrappers. They differ in size and in thickness, depending
on what they are made for. Using the wrappers for making ravioli is
the same as using them for making wonton when it comes to closure,
since the basics never change. And they taste just fine since all
they are is noodle... Change the filling from a Chinese mixture to an
Italian mixture, and instead of putting on a 1/2 teaspoon and folding
into a triangle and sealing, put on a teaspoon and place one on top of
the other and seal the two squares together. Ravioli instead of
Wonton! With 50 or 100 sheets in a package, it certainly is fast to
use them and do this...

FWIW

RsH

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 16:45:44 -0500, "Dee Randall"
deedoveyatshenteldotnet wrote:

Curious if you, Vox, or anyone else have/has used wonton rappers as the
dough for ravioli. I've seen this in quite a few cookbooks, but I've never
tried them.
Thanks,
Dee

R.S. (Bob) Heuman - Toronto, ON, Canada
Independent Computer Security Consulting
Web Site Auditing for Compliance with Standards
or
Copyright retained.
My opinions - no one else's...
If this is illegal where you are, do not read it!

Lemon bars Tracy[_2_] General Cooking 3 22-07-2008 08:26 PM
lemon bars neris Mexican Cooking 0 21-12-2006 05:25 AM
Lemon Bars 2 Duckie Recipes 0 07-04-2004 07:10 PM