Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady

Default Recipe Software Recommendation

Years ago on a visit to the US I bought a Borderbrund program called
"Kitchen Gourmet" on CD for Windows 95. It cost practically nothing
(maybe US$5) and it had everything I needed. You could put your own
recipes in, you could add ingredients as you wished and best of all
you could put in for your own ingredients the nutritional information
(no problems with metric measures, either). With all that, you could
figure out the total nutritional value for a serving of your own
recipe. This proved to be especially useful when my daughter joined
Weight Watchers and I began to put into the comments of each of my
recipes the correct WW points per serving.

Then disaster struck. My son did something on our computer and now
the program won't work, and damned if I can find that old CD to try to
re-install it. So, I'm thinking, perhaps I should try to download a
new program. Thing is, for me, all these programs are pretty
expensive and I was wondering if anyone knew of a free or inexpensive
program that would meet these needs. Also, if there's a demo program
that I can download for free that would work enough just to help me
figure out those points for my daughter, that would be great - I don't
need printing or exporting or importing of other recipes. Your help
would be greatly appreciated.

(In the meanwhile, of course I'm going to write to Borderbrund to see
if they can help me fix that problem.)

--
Davida Chazan (The Chocolate Lady)
<davidac AT jdc DOT org DOT il>