qahtan

Default Electrolux Assistent/ Magic Mill DLX Mixer

Does any one have or know any thing about this machine.
http://www.pleasanthillgrain.com/mag..._dlx_mixer.asp
Although I understand it works very well on bread dough's,
how does it fair on things like fruit cakes and similar,
There is a plastic bowl and whisk that fits to the machine but one can't mix
a fruit cake with a whisk, can they????
Thanks for any information about this machine.

Peter

qahtan wrote:
> Does any one have or know any thing about this machine.
> http://www.pleasanthillgrain.com/mag..._dlx_mixer.asp
> Although I understand it works very well on bread dough's,
> how does it fair on things like fruit cakes and similar,
> There is a plastic bowl and whisk that fits to the machine but one

can't mix
> a fruit cake with a whisk, can they????
> Thanks for any information about this machine.

Mine came with two sets of tools; a roller/scraper and a dough hook.
There are lot's of additional tools available such as a mixer/blender,
citrus fruit press, vegetable slicer, meat mincer, hole
discs+knifes+sausage pipe, strainer, grater, pasta attachment, flake
mill, grain mill and more...

I mainly use mine to make bread doughs and for that I use - depending
on the amount - either of the two tools that I bought mine with.

The roller/scraper is very efficient and you can adjust how much the
roller can move inside the bowl when the bowl rotates. This is good for
doughs up to one litre of liquid, for mixing ingredients for soft
cakes, mixing minced meat with other ingredients, mincing
potatoes/vegetables and raft of other things

The dough hook us useful for bigger doughs and for larger quantities of
minced meat.

I havn't tried any of the other tools but I'm thinking of the pasta
dough attachment to make fresh pasta :-)

A friend of mine got his unit from his grandmother who bought it some
40 years ago; still works just fine ;-) and the new attachments and
tools still fits!

qahtan

Yes I can see it will do all the things you speak of, But what about
adding dried fruit to the cake batter or even to bread dough, does it all
get squished or does it stay whole.

thanks

"qahtan" > wrote in message
. ..
> Does any one have or know any thing about this machine.
> http://www.pleasanthillgrain.com/mag..._dlx_mixer.asp
> Although I understand it works very well on bread dough's,
> how does it fair on things like fruit cakes and similar,
> There is a plastic bowl and whisk that fits to the machine but one can't
> mix
> a fruit cake with a whisk, can they????
> Thanks for any information about this machine.

Peter

I havn't tried pieces of fruit but I often make walnut bread - I add
walnuts for the last 1-3 minutes and they come out OK; I might find a
few small pieces of walnuts in the finished bread but almost all are in
one piece

You can also adjust how close the roller can come to the side of the
bowl. I usualy don't restrict it at all, but you can do that. That
should keep any soft fruit pieces from being squished.

qahtan

Thanks for info.

"Peter" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>I havn't tried pieces of fruit but I often make walnut bread - I add
> walnuts for the last 1-3 minutes and they come out OK; I might find a
> few small pieces of walnuts in the finished bread but almost all are in
> one piece
>
> You can also adjust how close the roller can come to the side of the
> bowl. I usualy don't restrict it at all, but you can do that. That
> should keep any soft fruit pieces from being squished.

qahtan

Thanks for info.

"Peter" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>I havn't tried pieces of fruit but I often make walnut bread - I add
> walnuts for the last 1-3 minutes and they come out OK; I might find a
> few small pieces of walnuts in the finished bread but almost all are in
> one piece
>
> You can also adjust how close the roller can come to the side of the
> bowl. I usualy don't restrict it at all, but you can do that. That
> should keep any soft fruit pieces from being squished.

qahtan

After all this bugging every one for information about the machine I have
decided against it, the one I wanted was $469
but by the time it arrived here in Ontario it was going to cost
me $750, with exchange, taxes, shipping etc. So I said ' No Thank you.

"Peter" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>I havn't tried pieces of fruit but I often make walnut bread - I add
> walnuts for the last 1-3 minutes and they come out OK; I might find a
> few small pieces of walnuts in the finished bread but almost all are in
> one piece
>
> You can also adjust how close the roller can come to the side of the
> bowl. I usualy don't restrict it at all, but you can do that. That
> should keep any soft fruit pieces from being squished.

qahtan

After all this bugging every one for information about the machine I have
decided against it, the one I wanted was $469
but by the time it arrived here in Ontario it was going to cost
me $750, with exchange, taxes, shipping etc. So I said ' No Thank you.

"Peter" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>I havn't tried pieces of fruit but I often make walnut bread - I add
> walnuts for the last 1-3 minutes and they come out OK; I might find a
> few small pieces of walnuts in the finished bread but almost all are in
> one piece
>
> You can also adjust how close the roller can come to the side of the
> bowl. I usualy don't restrict it at all, but you can do that. That
> should keep any soft fruit pieces from being squished.

Peter

qahtan wrote:
> After all this bugging every one for information about the machine I

have
> decided against it, the one I wanted was $469
> but by the time it arrived here in Ontario it was going to cost
> me $750, with exchange, taxes, shipping etc. So I said ' No Thank

you.

Wow! I got mine, at present dollar rate for abot 340 USD.

Peter

qahtan wrote:
> After all this bugging every one for information about the machine I

have
> decided against it, the one I wanted was $469
> but by the time it arrived here in Ontario it was going to cost
> me $750, with exchange, taxes, shipping etc. So I said ' No Thank

you.

Wow! I got mine, at present dollar rate for abot 340 USD.

qahtan

"Peter" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Wow! I got mine, at present dollar rate for abot 340 USD.

$469 is the cheapest white one I have seen in U S ,
change that to Canadian and at yesterdays exchange rate it would be $582,
that's without all the extras to pay for.
And most places charge for shipping out side the U S.

qahtan

"Peter" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Wow! I got mine, at present dollar rate for abot 340 USD.

$469 is the cheapest white one I have seen in U S ,
change that to Canadian and at yesterdays exchange rate it would be $582,
that's without all the extras to pay for.
And most places charge for shipping out side the U S.

JK

Peter,

Do you have any books or recipes that help in understanding how to use this
mixer and roller/scraper to its potential?

Thanks,

Jim
Maine

oups.com...