EKK

Default Pampered Chef Products

As a Pampered Chef consultant who only became one after using the
products for years, I have to adamently disagree with you. The
Pampered Chef products are QUALITY. They work well, are multi
versatile and with the warranties the company has placed on the
products, you cannot go wrong. Where else are you going to get knives
equal in quality to CUTCO, made the same way, with a lifetime warranty
for only a fraction of that cost. I think you really need to reexamine
the fact that quality does not always mean high priced.

Bob (this one)

EKK wrote:

> As a Pampered Chef consultant who only became one after using the
> products for years, I have to adamently disagree with you. The
> Pampered Chef products are QUALITY. They work well, are multi
> versatile and with the warranties the company has placed on the
> products, you cannot go wrong. Where else are you going to get knives
> equal in quality to CUTCO, made the same way, with a lifetime warranty
> for only a fraction of that cost. I think you really need to reexamine
> the fact that quality does not always mean high priced.

I gave it a try, too, as customer and distributor. And found that I
could find the same or better quality for a lot less money. Cutco
knives are no great shakes - hardly an industry standard.

Pastorio

Bob (this one)

EKK wrote:

> As a Pampered Chef consultant who only became one after using the
> products for years, I have to adamently disagree with you. The
> Pampered Chef products are QUALITY. They work well, are multi
> versatile and with the warranties the company has placed on the
> products, you cannot go wrong. Where else are you going to get knives
> equal in quality to CUTCO, made the same way, with a lifetime warranty
> for only a fraction of that cost. I think you really need to reexamine
> the fact that quality does not always mean high priced.

I gave it a try, too, as customer and distributor. And found that I
could find the same or better quality for a lot less money. Cutco
knives are no great shakes - hardly an industry standard.

Pastorio

Lucy

"Bob (this one)" > wrote in message
> EKK wrote:
>
>> As a Pampered Chef consultant who only became one after using the
>> products for years, I have to adamently disagree with you. The
>> Pampered Chef products are QUALITY. They work well, are multi
>> versatile and with the warranties the company has placed on the
>> products, you cannot go wrong. Where else are you going to get knives
>> equal in quality to CUTCO, made the same way, with a lifetime warranty
>> for only a fraction of that cost. I think you really need to reexamine
>> the fact that quality does not always mean high priced.

> I gave it a try, too, as customer and distributor. And found that I could
> find the same or better quality for a lot less money. Cutco knives are no
> great shakes - hardly an industry standard.
>
> Pastorio

Well, I didn't get to see the original post.. then again, I'm fairly new to
this ng and rec.food.cooking as well. Started coming here to learn to cook..
but anyway, I've tried pampered chef a few times, and I wanted to add I like
their stuff, but it is pretty expensive. I have the.. I forget what it's
called lol.. multipurpose slicer/shredder thingie, and it is very sharp.
(ask my thumb)
and their spices, and a pizza cutter..
lucy

Lucy

"Bob (this one)" > wrote in message
> EKK wrote:
>
>> As a Pampered Chef consultant who only became one after using the
>> products for years, I have to adamently disagree with you. The
>> Pampered Chef products are QUALITY. They work well, are multi
>> versatile and with the warranties the company has placed on the
>> products, you cannot go wrong. Where else are you going to get knives
>> equal in quality to CUTCO, made the same way, with a lifetime warranty
>> for only a fraction of that cost. I think you really need to reexamine
>> the fact that quality does not always mean high priced.

> I gave it a try, too, as customer and distributor. And found that I could
> find the same or better quality for a lot less money. Cutco knives are no
> great shakes - hardly an industry standard.
>
> Pastorio

Well, I didn't get to see the original post.. then again, I'm fairly new to
this ng and rec.food.cooking as well. Started coming here to learn to cook..
but anyway, I've tried pampered chef a few times, and I wanted to add I like
their stuff, but it is pretty expensive. I have the.. I forget what it's
called lol.. multipurpose slicer/shredder thingie, and it is very sharp.
(ask my thumb)
and their spices, and a pizza cutter..
lucy

Louis Cohen

EKK wrote:
> As a Pampered Chef consultant who only became one after using the
> products for years, I have to adamently disagree with you. The
> Pampered Chef products are QUALITY. They work well, are multi
> versatile and with the warranties the company has placed on the
> products, you cannot go wrong. Where else are you going to get knives
> equal in quality to CUTCO, made the same way, with a lifetime warranty
> for only a fraction of that cost. I think you really need to reexamine
> the fact that quality does not always mean high priced.

I've seen some Pampered Chef stuff in the homes of friends and
relatives. It seems OK at best (eg very thin pizza stone), and very
expensive for the quality. There's much better quality stuff for the
same money at, say, Sur la Table.

Regards

Louis Cohen

"Yes, yes, I will desalinate you, you grande morue!"

Émile Zola, Assommoir 1877
Louis Cohen

EKK wrote:
> As a Pampered Chef consultant who only became one after using the
> products for years, I have to adamently disagree with you. The
> Pampered Chef products are QUALITY. They work well, are multi
> versatile and with the warranties the company has placed on the
> products, you cannot go wrong. Where else are you going to get knives
> equal in quality to CUTCO, made the same way, with a lifetime warranty
> for only a fraction of that cost. I think you really need to reexamine
> the fact that quality does not always mean high priced.

I've seen some Pampered Chef stuff in the homes of friends and
relatives. It seems OK at best (eg very thin pizza stone), and very
expensive for the quality. There's much better quality stuff for the
same money at, say, Sur la Table.

Regards

Louis Cohen

"Yes, yes, I will desalinate you, you grande morue!"

Émile Zola, Assommoir 1877
Mike Nolan

Louis Cohen > writes:

>EKK wrote:
>> As a Pampered Chef consultant who only became one after using the
>> products for years, I have to adamently disagree with you. The
>> Pampered Chef products are QUALITY. They work well, are multi
>> versatile and with the warranties the company has placed on the
>> products, you cannot go wrong. Where else are you going to get knives
>> equal in quality to CUTCO, made the same way, with a lifetime warranty
>> for only a fraction of that cost. I think you really need to reexamine
>> the fact that quality does not always mean high priced.
>>

>I've seen some Pampered Chef stuff in the homes of friends and
>relatives. It seems OK at best (eg very thin pizza stone), and very
>expensive for the quality. There's much better quality stuff for the
>same money at, say, Sur la Table.

Some Pampered Chef products are excellent, others are at best average
quality. My wife has the cookie press, for example. When the cap broke
about a year ago we were told that was not covered by the warranty.
(The replacement we bought broke too.)

Here's a Pampered Chef question we haven't been able to get an answer to
yet. My wife's chillzanne had the lid blow off in a strong wind and the
lid split in two. As far as we can tell, it isn't in the catalog anymore,
though her job has been so hectic she hasn't had a chance to go to a
PC party for several months to ask in person and I think she finally gave
up and threw away the pieces because they were sharp and in the way.

Is the lid still available?
--
Mike Nolan
Mike Nolan

Louis Cohen > writes:

>EKK wrote:
>> As a Pampered Chef consultant who only became one after using the
>> products for years, I have to adamently disagree with you. The
>> Pampered Chef products are QUALITY. They work well, are multi
>> versatile and with the warranties the company has placed on the
>> products, you cannot go wrong. Where else are you going to get knives
>> equal in quality to CUTCO, made the same way, with a lifetime warranty
>> for only a fraction of that cost. I think you really need to reexamine
>> the fact that quality does not always mean high priced.
>>

>I've seen some Pampered Chef stuff in the homes of friends and
>relatives. It seems OK at best (eg very thin pizza stone), and very
>expensive for the quality. There's much better quality stuff for the
>same money at, say, Sur la Table.

Some Pampered Chef products are excellent, others are at best average
quality. My wife has the cookie press, for example. When the cap broke
about a year ago we were told that was not covered by the warranty.
(The replacement we bought broke too.)

Here's a Pampered Chef question we haven't been able to get an answer to
yet. My wife's chillzanne had the lid blow off in a strong wind and the
lid split in two. As far as we can tell, it isn't in the catalog anymore,
though her job has been so hectic she hasn't had a chance to go to a
PC party for several months to ask in person and I think she finally gave
up and threw away the pieces because they were sharp and in the way.

Is the lid still available?
--
Mike Nolan

Lucy

"Mike Nolan" > wrote in message
> Louis Cohen > writes:
>
>>EKK wrote:
>>> As a Pampered Chef consultant who only became one after using the
>>> products for years, I have to adamently disagree with you. The
>>> Pampered Chef products are QUALITY. They work well, are multi
>>> versatile and with the warranties the company has placed on the
>>> products, you cannot go wrong. Where else are you going to get knives
>>> equal in quality to CUTCO, made the same way, with a lifetime warranty
>>> for only a fraction of that cost. I think you really need to reexamine
>>> the fact that quality does not always mean high priced.
>>>

>>I've seen some Pampered Chef stuff in the homes of friends and
>>relatives. It seems OK at best (eg very thin pizza stone), and very
>>expensive for the quality. There's much better quality stuff for the
>>same money at, say, Sur la Table.

> Some Pampered Chef products are excellent, others are at best average
> quality. My wife has the cookie press, for example. When the cap broke
> about a year ago we were told that was not covered by the warranty.
> (The replacement we bought broke too.)
>
> Here's a Pampered Chef question we haven't been able to get an answer to
> yet. My wife's chillzanne had the lid blow off in a strong wind and the
> lid split in two. As far as we can tell, it isn't in the catalog anymore,
> though her job has been so hectic she hasn't had a chance to go to a
> PC party for several months to ask in person and I think she finally gave
> up and threw away the pieces because they were sharp and in the way.
>
> Is the lid still available?
> --
> Mike Nolan

Mike, No idea.. but here's their website for you.. www.pamperedchef.com
Hope this helps,
lucy

Lucy

"Mike Nolan" > wrote in message
> Louis Cohen > writes:
>
>>EKK wrote:
>>> As a Pampered Chef consultant who only became one after using the
>>> products for years, I have to adamently disagree with you. The
>>> Pampered Chef products are QUALITY. They work well, are multi
>>> versatile and with the warranties the company has placed on the
>>> products, you cannot go wrong. Where else are you going to get knives
>>> equal in quality to CUTCO, made the same way, with a lifetime warranty
>>> for only a fraction of that cost. I think you really need to reexamine
>>> the fact that quality does not always mean high priced.
>>>

>>I've seen some Pampered Chef stuff in the homes of friends and
>>relatives. It seems OK at best (eg very thin pizza stone), and very
>>expensive for the quality. There's much better quality stuff for the
>>same money at, say, Sur la Table.

> Some Pampered Chef products are excellent, others are at best average
> quality. My wife has the cookie press, for example. When the cap broke
> about a year ago we were told that was not covered by the warranty.
> (The replacement we bought broke too.)
>
> Here's a Pampered Chef question we haven't been able to get an answer to
> yet. My wife's chillzanne had the lid blow off in a strong wind and the
> lid split in two. As far as we can tell, it isn't in the catalog anymore,
> though her job has been so hectic she hasn't had a chance to go to a
> PC party for several months to ask in person and I think she finally gave
> up and threw away the pieces because they were sharp and in the way.
>
> Is the lid still available?
> --
> Mike Nolan

Mike, No idea.. but here's their website for you.. www.pamperedchef.com
Hope this helps,
lucy

best Pampered Chef products? [email protected] Cooking Equipment 11 07-08-2005 07:45 PM
Pampered Chef Products EKK General Cooking 8 04-01-2005 05:43 AM
Pampered Chef Products EKK Cooking Equipment 6 04-01-2005 05:43 AM
Pampered Chef Products EKK Baking 0 03-01-2005 03:21 PM
Pampered Chef Products EKK Cooking Equipment 0 03-01-2005 03:21 PM