Diem Sellers

Default how to package cookies to send overseas?

I would like to send come cookies for my former coworkers currently
overseas in Bosnia and Iraq.

what's the best way to send without them turning into cookie crumbs?
bubble wrap? how do I keep them fresh? it takes about a month to get
mail over there. I was thinking of sending harder cookies not soft
chewy kinds in a pringles potato chip can, it would have the same
round shape. or maybe I should stick to harder cookies like biscotti?
I have heard of some folks vacumn sealing cookies to keep it's
freshness and shape.

any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

ds
Vox Humana

"Adrian Weatherley" > wrote in message
> hiya
>
> vacuum sealing is probably best option.
>
> I do this for commercial samples and they can last weeks.
>
> However the best bags are a kind of metal foil - but this would not be
> allowed to be sent overseas due to metal detectors.
>
> Try a zip-seal food bag, insert a plastic drinking straw, seal bag tight

> straw, suck out air and fully seal bag as you pull straw out. Then wrap

the
> packs in bubble wrap for posting.
>
> Hope it works with your recipes

Another option is to make moist, bar cookies in disposable foil pans. They
keep well and aren't fragile. You can bake in the pan and then put on the
lid. Just pack the box with some bubble wrap or packing peanuts (or
popcorn) to keep the pans from shifting. You can get containers at party
supply stores or baking supply stores.

Adrian Weatherley

hiya

vacuum sealing is probably best option.

I do this for commercial samples and they can last weeks.

However the best bags are a kind of metal foil - but this would not be
allowed to be sent overseas due to metal detectors.

Try a zip-seal food bag, insert a plastic drinking straw, seal bag tight to
straw, suck out air and fully seal bag as you pull straw out. Then wrap the
packs in bubble wrap for posting.

Hope it works with your recipes

Good Luck

Adrian