FoodBanter.com

-   -   Where to buy round cake containers? (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/48488-where-buy-round-cake.html)

John M. 18-12-2004 05:32 AM

Where to buy round cake containers?

Anyone know where on the web I can buy small quantities (10 -20) of 9" and
10" cake containers? I'm looking for the kind the supermarket bakeries
typically use, with a black plastic bottom tray and a clear snap-on lid?
The wholesale supplers won't sell me less than 100. Thank you. --- John

Dave Bell 18-12-2004 06:33 AM

John M. <jonnor@ wrote:
> Anyone know where on the web I can buy small quantities (10 -20) of 9" and
> 10" cake containers? I'm looking for the kind the supermarket bakeries
> typically use, with a black plastic bottom tray and a clear snap-on lid?
> The wholesale supplers won't sell me less than 100. Thank you. --- John

You might try asking the supermarket's bakery manager to sell you some!

Dave

Dave Bell 18-12-2004 06:33 AM

John M. 18-12-2004 05:50 PM

"Dave Bell" > wrote in message
. ..

> You might try asking the supermarket's bakery manager to sell you some!
>
> Dave

Already tried that, but they said they couldn't sell them. Maybe they
thought I was a store spy. --- John

John M. 18-12-2004 05:50 PM

. ..

John M. 18-12-2004 05:50 PM

. ..

Vox Humana 18-12-2004 11:48 PM

"John M. comcast.net>" <jonnor@<nospam> wrote in message

> "Dave Bell" > wrote in message
> . ..
> >
> > You might try asking the supermarket's bakery manager to sell you some!
> >
> > Dave

> Already tried that, but they said they couldn't sell them. Maybe they
> thought I was a store spy. --- John

You might look at a cake supply store. www.sugarcraft.com carries a wide
array of supplies. I have had mixed luck with bakeries. If a bakery or
in-store bakery department has containers with their name on them, they
won't sell them due to liability problems (like you couldn't just buy a cake
and then swap it with a razor blade encrusted, poison saturated one). You
can often find a variety of disposable containers at party supply stores.

Vox Humana 18-12-2004 11:48 PM

Cynthia Mason 20-12-2004 02:55 AM

Our grocery stores have salad bars that use those round black trays with
clear plastic cake covers. Try the deli section. Did you ask the head of
the bakery dept. or an employee? Keep trying- you'll find them.

Cynthia Mason 20-12-2004 02:55 AM

Cynthia Mason 20-12-2004 03:10 AM

Cynthia Mason 20-12-2004 03:10 AM