FoodBanter.com

-   -   butter icing (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/482-re-butter-icing.html)

Tara 24-03-2004 02:24 PM

butter icing

I cant seem to get my butter icing 'stiff' enough to pipe no matter how much
icing sugar i put in. Is there something I should be doing that I dont know
about?

Vox Humana 24-03-2004 03:59 PM

butter icing

"Tara" > wrote in message
> I cant seem to get my butter icing 'stiff' enough to pipe no matter how

much
> icing sugar i put in. Is there something I should be doing that I dont

know
> about?

Perhaps your kitchen is too warm.

Puester 25-03-2004 04:07 AM

butter icing

Tara wrote:

> I cant seem to get my butter icing 'stiff' enough to pipe no matter how much
> icing sugar i put in. Is there something I should be doing that I dont know
> about?

Keep it cold/chill before piping.

gloria p

alexbrown77 25-03-2004 09:09 PM

butter icing

I agree with gloria. Mix the icing and then place it in the
refrigerator to harden the butter. When it is stiff, place it back in
the mixer and wipe with the whisk attachment for a few seconds until
it is the consistency that you would like. If it is too hard, place
the bowl on top of a pan of boiling water for only a few seconds and
then whip...becareful...the boiling water will melt the butter really,
really quickly...