Tara

Default butter icing

I cant seem to get my butter icing 'stiff' enough to pipe no matter how much
icing sugar i put in. Is there something I should be doing that I dont know
about?

Vox Humana

"Tara" > wrote in message
> I cant seem to get my butter icing 'stiff' enough to pipe no matter how

much
> icing sugar i put in. Is there something I should be doing that I dont

know
> about?

Perhaps your kitchen is too warm.

Puester

Tara wrote:

> I cant seem to get my butter icing 'stiff' enough to pipe no matter how much
> icing sugar i put in. Is there something I should be doing that I dont know
> about?

Keep it cold/chill before piping.

gloria p
alexbrown77

I agree with gloria. Mix the icing and then place it in the
refrigerator to harden the butter. When it is stiff, place it back in
the mixer and wipe with the whisk attachment for a few seconds until
it is the consistency that you would like. If it is too hard, place
the bowl on top of a pan of boiling water for only a few seconds and
then whip...becareful...the boiling water will melt the butter really,
really quickly...

Help with Thick Icing Greg Oliva Baking 3 11-10-2007 12:17 AM
sugar free chocolate cake with peanut butter icing? Anthony Davis General Cooking 3 02-11-2006 02:56 AM
Chocolate Icing Carol L Baking 13 21-09-2004 11:13 PM
Caramel Icing Johnson (Cayman Designs) Recipes (moderated) 0 26-05-2004 02:56 PM
Orange/cream cheese butter icing recipe † cal General Cooking 3 13-05-2004 09:24 PM