shipwreck

Default Repost: How to Keep Peanut Brittle well.....brittle?

I make my brittle and keep it in ziplock bags, which works fine.
However, once they come out of the bag, much like meringues, they
absorb moisture and become gooey.

Is there anything that can be done to avoid this? I realize it's the
nature of the beast, but maybe some suggestions?

Thanks
Wayne Boatwright

shipwreck > wrote in
:

> I make my brittle and keep it in ziplock bags, which works fine.
> However, once they come out of the bag, much like meringues, they
> absorb moisture and become gooey.
>
> Is there anything that can be done to avoid this? I realize it's the
> nature of the beast, but maybe some suggestions?
>
> Thanks

A covered candy dish works for me.
CoastWatcher

Well shucks, my brittle is sooo good it doesn't last long enough for
such a problem. :-)

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> shipwreck > wrote in
> :
>

>>I make my brittle and keep it in ziplock bags, which works fine.
>>However, once they come out of the bag, much like meringues, they
>>absorb moisture and become gooey.
>>
>>Is there anything that can be done to avoid this? I realize it's the
>>nature of the beast, but maybe some suggestions?
>>
>>Thanks
>>

> A covered candy dish works for me.

shipwreck

Ahhhh...Bravo!!

There's always one in the crowd :-)

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 18:22:35 -0800, Coas****cher
> wrote:

>Well shucks, my brittle is sooo good it doesn't last long enough for
>such a problem. :-)
>
>Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> shipwreck > wrote in
>> :
>>

>>>I make my brittle and keep it in ziplock bags, which works fine.
>>>However, once they come out of the bag, much like meringues, they
>>>absorb moisture and become gooey.
>>>
>>>Is there anything that can be done to avoid this? I realize it's the
>>>nature of the beast, but maybe some suggestions?
>>>
>>>Thanks
>>>

>> A covered candy dish works for me.

alexbrown77

Sugar is hydroscopic so it natually absorbs moisture, causing it to
break down. To prevent this, keep it in ziplock bags and place in the
freezer. It will not change the consistency of the brittle but will
slow down the process. Make sure that the bags are sealed well or they
will take on the odors of the freezer-yuck.

Snowfeet1

And never make it when weather is humid

peanut brittle [email protected] General Cooking 25 26-12-2009 01:07 AM
Peanut Brittle jmcquown General Cooking 21 09-11-2007 05:29 PM
Peanut Brittle Anna Free Recipes (moderated) 0 11-12-2005 02:52 AM
Mom's Peanut Brittle Duckie ® Recipes 0 22-06-2005 01:32 AM
peanut brittle Kieth Recipes 2 09-08-2004 08:25 PM