FoodBanter.com

-   -   holes in cinnamon raisin bread (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/423820-holes-cinnamon-raisin-bread.html)

Alison96778 24-04-2013 07:39 PM

holes in cinnamon raisin bread

When making a loaf of cinnamon bread I do the mixing of the dough in my bread machine. When that is complete I roll out the dough and add a mixture of cinnamon, sugar, and brown sugar then roll the loaf and place it in a pan for the last rise. After baking the bread and letting it cool I cut into the loaf and find major holes in the center of the loaf. The question I have is does anyone know how to eliminate the air holes in the bread loaf?

Bertie Doe 01-05-2013 08:45 AM

"Alison96778" wrote in message

>When making a loaf of cinnamon bread I do the mixing of the dough in my
>bread machine. When that is complete I roll out the dough and add a
>mixture of cinnamon, sugar, and brown sugar then roll the loaf and place
>it in a pan for the last rise. After baking the bread and letting it
>cool I cut into the loaf and find major holes in the center of the loaf.
>The question I have is does anyone know how to eliminate the air holes
>in the bread loaf?

Often means excess water in the dough. Next time try reducing water by say,
10 %.

--
Alison96778