FoodBanter.com

-   -   What are those decorative chocolate bars made from? (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/411974-what-those-decorative-chocolate.html)

montygraham 18-10-2011 06:45 AM

What are those decorative chocolate bars made from?

I'm curious about what the ingredients are for those big bars they put
on top of things like Birthday cakes. I froze one for a couple weeks,
then let it sit at room temperature for a day, around 70 degrees F.
It was sealed in a plastic baggie. When I took a little nibble from
it, it was very soft and very sweet. It looks like dark chocolate,
and it does not taste like milk chocolate. I've never come across a
chocolate bar with these qualities. Thanks in advance.