FoodBanter.com

-   -   looking for a stollen recipes (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/403079-looking-stollen-recipes.html)

Virginia Tadrzynski[_2_] 08-12-2010 03:50 PM

looking for a stollen recipes

20 years ago at my eldest daughter's christening, my then sister-in-law
brought a stollen her mother had made. Now before someone gets their
knickers in a twist about using 'pre-made' or 'canned' ingredients, close
this thread now and no one will get offended. The stollen was made using
Pillsbury crescent rolls. The mother has since died and the former
sister-in-law, although I still am cordial with her, couldn't boil water
without burning it, so forget getting a recipe from her. Can anyone help?
Thanks,
ginny

PS: it a 'memory' thing, this recipe, so please don't tell me I could make
my own stollen, I know that, what I want to do is replicate this one.

Virginia Tadrzynski[_2_] 08-12-2010 04:49 PM

oopss;;; was: looking for a stollen recipes

"l, not -l" wrote in message
Oops, my bad. I had two recipes for stollen, one from Pillbury and
another
that called for crescent rolls; I misremembered which was which. Here's
the
one using crescent rolls:
Stollen
1 (8-count) package refrigerated crescent rolls
8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
Cinnamon
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 egg
1 tablespoon flour

Heat oven to 350 degrees F.

Arrange rolls in a flat rectangle on a jellyroll pan or cookie sheet. Push
seams together so that cheese mixture will not run through to pan. Mix
remaining ingredients until smooth. Spread over crescent rolls, pushing
cheese almost to edges. Fold comers over mixture. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until rolls are golden brown. Cheese will rise a
little then fall. Drizzle with a glaze of confectioners' sugar and milk
while still a little warm. Cool and serve.

--
Change Cujo to Juno in email address.

If you have dietary issues that make nutrition information very important
to you, please calculate your own; the nutrition information supplied with
this recipe is approximate and should NOT be used by those for whom the
information is critical.

I think this 'might' be it (fingers crossed). But if there are any others,
please feel free to send them on as well.
-g

Nancy2 08-12-2010 05:02 PM

On Dec 8, 9:50*am, "Virginia Tadrzynski" wrote:
20 years ago at my eldest daughter's christening, my then sister-in-law
brought a stollen her mother had made. *Now before someone gets their
knickers in a twist about using 'pre-made' or 'canned' ingredients, close
this thread now and no one will get offended. *The stollen was made using
Pillsbury crescent rolls. *The mother has since died and the former
sister-in-law, although I still am cordial with her, couldn't boil water
without burning it, so forget getting a recipe from her. *Can anyone help?
Thanks,
ginny

PS: it a 'memory' thing, this recipe, so please don't tell me I could make
my own stollen, I know that, what I want to do is replicate this one.

I'm making only one comment: I don't understand the taste buds of
people who think Pillsbury bazooka breads of all kinds don't have an
odd/funny taste. This includes crescent rolls.

N.

Kate Connally[_2_] 08-12-2010 06:09 PM

looking for a stollen recipes

Was the theft reported to the police. Maybe check with
known fences in your area. My sympathies. ;-)

Kate

--
Kate Connally
If I were as old as I feel, Id be dead already.

Ophelia[_7_] 08-12-2010 06:52 PM

"Virginia Tadrzynski" wrote in message
20 years ago at my eldest daughter's christening, my then sister-in-law
brought a stollen her mother had made. Now before someone gets their
knickers in a twist about using 'pre-made' or 'canned' ingredients, close
this thread now and no one will get offended. The stollen was made using
Pillsbury crescent rolls. The mother has since died and the former
sister-in-law, although I still am cordial with her, couldn't boil water
without burning it, so forget getting a recipe from her. Can anyone help?
Thanks,
ginny

PS: it a 'memory' thing, this recipe, so please don't tell me I could make
my own stollen, I know that, what I want to do is replicate this one.

Have a wee look here! I don't see why you couldn't use prepared dough!

http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/7/christmas-stollen.aspx

https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

spamtrap1888 08-12-2010 07:17 PM

On Dec 8, 7:50*am, "Virginia Tadrzynski" wrote:
20 years ago at my eldest daughter's christening, my then sister-in-law
brought a stollen her mother had made. *Now before someone gets their
knickers in a twist about using 'pre-made' or 'canned' ingredients, close
this thread now and no one will get offended. *The stollen was made using
Pillsbury crescent rolls. *The mother has since died and the former
sister-in-law, although I still am cordial with her, couldn't boil water
without burning it, so forget getting a recipe from her. *Can anyone help?
Thanks,
ginny

PS: it a 'memory' thing, this recipe, so please don't tell me I could make
my own stollen, I know that, what I want to do is replicate this one.

Was it really really rich?

The German one we just bought is 952 calories a serving. So I've been
slicing it pretty thin.

Dave Smith[_1_] 08-12-2010 09:28 PM

On 08/12/2010 1:09 PM, Kate Connally wrote:
Was the theft reported to the police. Maybe check with
known fences in your area. My sympathies. ;-)

Wouldn't you have report the stollen recipe to the pollice?

Melba's Jammin' 10-12-2010 02:02 AM

looking for a stollen recipes

In article ,
"Virginia Tadrzynski" wrote:

20 years ago at my eldest daughter's christening, my then sister-in-law
brought a stollen her mother had made. Now before someone gets their
knickers in a twist about using 'pre-made' or 'canned' ingredients, close
this thread now and no one will get offended. The stollen was made using
Pillsbury crescent rolls. The mother has since died and the former
sister-in-law, although I still am cordial with her, couldn't boil water
without burning it, so forget getting a recipe from her. Can anyone help?
Thanks,
ginny

PS: it a 'memory' thing, this recipe, so please don't tell me I could make
my own stollen, I know that, what I want to do is replicate this one.

Ginny I Googled crescent roll stollen and got a bunch of hits. Did
you do a search?

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of St. Pectina of Jella

Virginia Tadrzynski[_2_] 10-12-2010 04:07 PM

"Melba's Jammin'" wrote in message
"Virginia Tadrzynski" wrote:

[...]

I did search, but none of them looked 'quite right' if you know what I
mean....
-ginny

smallyfish 27-12-2010 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Virginia Tadrzynski[_2_] (Post 1558189)
20 years ago at my eldest daughter's christening, my then sister-in-law
brought a stollen her mother had made. Now before someone gets their
knickers in a twist about using 'pre-made' or 'canned' ingredients, close
this thread now and no one will get offended. The stollen was made using
Pillsbury crescent rolls. The mother has since died and the former
sister-in-law, although I still am cordial with her, couldn't boil water
without burning it, so forget getting a recipe from her. Can anyone help?
Thanks,
ginny

PS: it a 'memory' thing, this recipe, so please don't tell me I could make
my own stollen, I know that, what I want to do is replicate this one.

I don't know about the recipe you are talking about,maybe you are looking for something emotional on the food,some times the feeliings are gone forever.

Jemmi Anderson 29-12-2010 06:55 AM

Check out such jobs at aerocareer.com .You can register there for free and get to surf more job opportunities