FoodBanter.com

-   -   My cookies always melt!!! Help me please (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/393358-my-cookies-always-melt.html)

Thorro Da Baker 26-01-2010 04:44 PM

My cookies always melt!!! Help me please

Has this happened to anybody else. everytime I try to make Chocolate Chip Cookies. They never take that nice round shape they always bake flat, and all spread out. What am I doing wrong??????

Serious Sid 28-01-2010 10:17 AM

My cookies always melt!!! Help me please

On Jan 26, 4:44*pm, Thorro Da Baker <Thorro.Da.Baker.
> wrote:
> Has this happened to anybody else. *everytime I try to make Chocolate
> Chip Cookies. *They never take that nice round shape they always bake

When you shape them make them into a real ball-like shape that is
standing up a lot and cook them for slightly less time. They should
spread out less then.

ImNatalie 30-03-2010 01:34 PM

[quote=Serious Sid;1432148]On Jan 26, 4:44*pm, Thorro Da Baker Thorro.Da.Baker.
wrote:
Has this happened to anybody else. *everytime I try to make Chocolate
Chip Cookies. *They never take that nice round shape they always bake

Make sure you don't use melted butter. Melted Butter makes cookies come out flat.

Natalie

foofiefan 23-08-2010 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorro Da Baker (Post 1431517)
Has this happened to anybody else. everytime I try to make Chocolate Chip Cookies. They never take that nice round shape they always bake flat, and all spread out. What am I doing wrong??????

Are you adding the baking powder/other leaveners, and if so, have you checked to see if they're still good (most leavening agents have a shelf life of, at best, one year.) If older than that, throw them out and replace with new!

Vic in Springfield

rominarain 24-08-2010 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorro Da Baker (Post 1431517)
Has this happened to anybody else. everytime I try to make Chocolate Chip Cookies. They never take that nice round shape they always bake flat, and all spread out. What am I doing wrong??????

Make sure that you dont overbeat the batter, use ungreased sheets for baking, measure your ingredients properly and always check your oven temperature. Hope this small advice will help you... do let me knw... Thnks :)