Old 26-01-2010, 04:44 PM
Member

Default My cookies always melt!!! Help me please

Has this happened to anybody else. everytime I try to make Chocolate Chip Cookies. They never take that nice round shape they always bake flat, and all spread out. What am I doing wrong??????

Old 28-01-2010, 10:17 AM posted to rec.food.baking

On Jan 26, 4:44*pm, Thorro Da Baker Thorro.Da.Baker.
wrote:
Has this happened to anybody else. *everytime I try to make Chocolate
Chip Cookies. *They never take that nice round shape they always bake

When you shape them make them into a real ball-like shape that is
standing up a lot and cook them for slightly less time. They should
spread out less then.
Old 30-03-2010, 01:34 PM
Member

Smile

[quote=Serious Sid;1432148]On Jan 26, 4:44*pm, Thorro Da Baker Thorro.Da.Baker.
wrote:
Has this happened to anybody else. *everytime I try to make Chocolate
Chip Cookies. *They never take that nice round shape they always bake

Make sure you don't use melted butter. Melted Butter makes cookies come out flat.

Natalie
Old 23-08-2010, 03:27 AM
Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorro Da Baker View Post
Has this happened to anybody else. everytime I try to make Chocolate Chip Cookies. They never take that nice round shape they always bake flat, and all spread out. What am I doing wrong??????
Are you adding the baking powder/other leaveners, and if so, have you checked to see if they're still good (most leavening agents have a shelf life of, at best, one year.) If older than that, throw them out and replace with new!

Vic in Springfield
Old 24-08-2010, 01:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorro Da Baker View Post
Has this happened to anybody else. everytime I try to make Chocolate Chip Cookies. They never take that nice round shape they always bake flat, and all spread out. What am I doing wrong??????
Make sure that you dont overbeat the batter, use ungreased sheets for baking, measure your ingredients properly and always check your oven temperature. Hope this small advice will help you... do let me knw... Thnks

Last edited by rominarain : 25-08-2010 at 01:43 PM

Patty Melt Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 85 20-10-2011 06:12 PM
What chocolate to melt? JimL Baking 13 19-04-2007 02:42 PM
Melt in Your Mouth Sugar Cookies Duckie Recipes 0 03-09-2005 05:45 PM