Yitz

Default recipe for croissants?

I had this croissant today at some cafe and it was so good - rich and
buttery and sugary.

Does anyone have a recipe for croissants that they have gone crazy over? I
would like to try making some.

Thanks,
Yitz

Roy Basan

"Yitz" > wrote in message > ...
> I had this croissant today at some cafe and it was so good - rich and
> buttery and sugary.
>
> Does anyone have a recipe for croissants that they have gone crazy over? I
> would like to try making some.
>
> Thanks,
> Yitz

If you are admiring the professionally made croissants I will have to
warn you.
A croissant recipe is not that complicated, but how its made.....
If you have never attempted it yet, better do some detailed reading
about its preparation , see somebody do it or much better have someone
train you how to do it( specially with using butter)..
And its likely that the croissants you had eaten in the restaurant was
sheeted by dough brake, the dough temperrature controlled and proper
timing was emphasized during its processing.
If you see how its done you might change your mind and instead buy
tthe finished product for your consumption instead of attempting it
yourself
I have seen many enthusiast who avidly followed what the recipe states
only to find out that they cannot duplicate the layering of the dough
and flakiness of the product but end with a greasy mess or poorly made
product that does not look like croissants.
I do not mean to discourage you but that is the truth.
And it takes lots of both practice and product waste before you to
get it done properly especially if you are just self learning it by
reading and doing..
But do not despair there is always hope if you are persistent in
attaining your goal.
For recipes you can try surfing the web for it and there are countless
variation for it.
Roy

..
Roy
Vox Humana

"Yitz" > wrote in message
.. .
> I had this croissant today at some cafe and it was so good - rich and
> buttery and sugary.
>
> Does anyone have a recipe for croissants that they have gone crazy over? I
> would like to try making some.

Making croissants is one of those projects that people should do once, just
for fun. The last time I made croissants the turned out OK, but nothing
special. After all the steps were completed I ended up with a couple dozen
wonky shaped croissants that were gone in a very short time. As for a
recipe -- I would recommend that you buy or borrow a good book. The dough
isn't very complex, but croissants are 99% technique. This is a case where
a picture is worth a thousand words, and having a well illustrated text is a
must. You might also want to view the video on this subject at Julia
Child's website: http://tinyurl.com/zmi0

Croissants Boron Elgar General Cooking 21 06-09-2011 07:36 PM
Croissants VII Julia Altshuler General Cooking 0 29-09-2008 09:01 PM
Croissants 6 Julia Altshuler General Cooking 7 07-09-2008 02:14 PM
Croissants Steph G.B Baking 23 11-06-2004 12:42 AM
Croissants Kate Pugh Vegetarian cooking 1 16-10-2003 12:19 PM