FoodBanter.com

-   -   Which appropriate newsgroups (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/238-appropriate-newsgroups.html)

Dee Randall 08-12-2003 06:21 PM

Which appropriate newsgroups

Can someone tell me a good newsgroup to subscribe to that I can ask general
food/utensils questions that would not apply to rec.food.baking - type
queries.

(such as: is there a pepper grinder that grinds in various sizes: cracked,
fine, etc.?)

I have tried one or two of the newsgroups in the past (I don't know which
now), but there seemed to be as many unrelated posts (and I mean "REALLY"
unrelated) to cooking as to cooking.

Any comments appreciated.
Thanks,
Dee

The Cook 08-12-2003 06:35 PM

"Dee Randall" > wrote:

>Can someone tell me a good newsgroup to subscribe to that I can ask general
>food/utensils questions that would not apply to rec.food.baking - type
>queries.
>
>(such as: is there a pepper grinder that grinds in various sizes: cracked,
>fine, etc.?)
>
>I have tried one or two of the newsgroups in the past (I don't know which
>now), but there seemed to be as many unrelated posts (and I mean "REALLY"
>unrelated) to cooking as to cooking.
>
>Any comments appreciated.
>Thanks,
>Dee

Have you tried rec.food.equipment?
--
Susan N.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who do not.

Dee Randall 08-12-2003 07:43 PM

Which appropriate newsgroups

Thanks! I've subscribed. Looks great.
Dee