Posted to rec.food.baking

Default To Make Better Pizza At Home Than You Can Buy At The Pizzeria

Take the finest producers of every pizza product made - I've been
to their inner sanctum where they've spilled their secrets ... the
cheesemakers, flour millers, sauce canners - well, you get the
picture - and I kept my eyes open. I know secrets that even the best
in the pizza industry don't know. And it's time to tell.
It's not about finding one more pizza recipe in a magazine or on the
Internet. (Have you ever noticed they all look alike?) The problem is:
They just don't work. Know what I mean? You end up with yet one more
homemade pizza that is just okay - maybe even good - but not what
you were looking for. Disappointment once again.
You've probably figured it out - it's not the recipe. It's in the
ingredients and techniques! Miss that and you miss everything.
I'll show you all you need to know and where to get everything you
need to make the best pizza right at home.
http://pizzapu.blogspot.com/#

Posted to rec.food.baking

"stuart janssen" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Take the finest producers of every pizza product made - I've been
> to their inner sanctum where they've spilled their secrets ... the
> cheesemakers, flour millers, sauce canners - well, you get the
> picture - and I kept my eyes open. I know secrets that even the best
> in the pizza industry don't know. And it's time to tell.
> It's not about finding one more pizza recipe in a magazine or on the
> Internet. (Have you ever noticed they all look alike?) The problem is:
> They just don't work. Know what I mean? You end up with yet one more
> homemade pizza that is just okay - maybe even good - but not what
> you were looking for. Disappointment once again.
> You've probably figured it out - it's not the recipe. It's in the
> ingredients and techniques! Miss that and you miss everything.
> I'll show you all you need to know and where to get everything you
> need to make the best pizza right at home.
> http://pizzapu.blogspot.com/#

You really are spamming. This identical message is in rec.food.cooking.
As well what you say is hooey! I make a better pizza than 90+% of all
restaurant
pizzas. The rules are simple, and not worth a $29.95 CD.

1. Dough:
Always use a pre-ferment, poolish, a biga, pate fermentee, or even leftover
dough. The latter is what pizza parlors use. The former three are much
better. Make a wet dough, 3 cups all purposes flour to 1 1/4 cups water.
Don't overknead. Rise once, divide into balls and put on work surface,
covered, until you are ready.
Always gently stretch dough to the ultimate size of your pizza. Don't ever
use anything that rolls over the dough. This dough is really too soft to
throw, as in pizza parlors.

2. Sauce:
This is most important. Always use sauce you make from fresh Roma tomatoes.
Buy of lug of Romas at your local produce market. Use a tomato strainer to
remove skins and seeds, and slowly reduce to pizza sauce consistency.

3. Seasonings:
There aren't any secret seasonings here and there aren't in Italy. These are
totally the choice of the home chef. They are what you like. Whatever you
use, the freshness of the tomato should dominate.

4. Cheese:
Stay out of the supermarket. Go to the best cheese store you can find, and
find the best, tastiest whole milk Mozzarella you can. You can use Provolone
cheese.

5. Toppings are totally your choice.

5. Baking
Heat a pizza stone for one hour at 550F. Slide pizza from flowered paddle
onto stone. Immediately spray oven with H20. Repeat same after two 30 second
intervals. Bake for 6-7 minutes, or until done. Remove, top with freshly
grated Reggiano Parmigiano. Use only Reggiano, nothing else.

Sit at the table and eat.

Kent

Posted to rec.food.baking

Kent wrote:
> Heat a pizza stone for one hour at 550F. Slide pizza from flowered paddle
> onto stone.

Any special petals?
Sorry, couldn't resist it <g>
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney
Posted to rec.food.baking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> Kent wrote:
>> Heat a pizza stone for one hour at 550F. Slide pizza from flowered paddle
>> onto stone.

> Any special petals?
> Sorry, couldn't resist it <g>
> --
> Bruce Fletcher
> Stronsay, Orkney
> <www.stronsay.co.uk/claremont>
> (Remove teeth to reply)
> "Some days you are the pigeon. Some days you are the statue"

That's great!! I'll think about that the next time I'm "flowering" the
paddle.
It's important to laugh at yourself when you stare into the mirror.
Thanks,
Kent