Posted to alt.food.asian

Default Chicken with Salt Chilli Pepper

I have a couple of Chinese takeaways around where I live that do a few
things that the majority of them do not.

I am particularly taken by some dishes (chicken, pork ribs, prawn) with
Salt Chilli Pepper. The meal is quite dry with the meat pieces looking
like they have a coating before cooking and then stir fried with small
pieces of carrot, onion and chilli rings.

Anyone have any idea of the recipe for these dishes?

Thanks
Posted to alt.food.asian

Rock Chick > wrote:
> I have a couple of Chinese takeaways around where I live that do a few
> things that the majority of them do not.
>
> I am particularly taken by some dishes (chicken, pork ribs, prawn) with
> Salt Chilli Pepper. The meal is quite dry with the meat pieces looking
> like they have a coating before cooking and then stir fried with small
> pieces of carrot, onion and chilli rings.
>
> Anyone have any idea of the recipe for these dishes?

Your friend, Google, suggests:

http://www.paulaspepperjelly.com/pro...roducts_id=106

~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.asian

Rock Chick wrote:
> I have a couple of Chinese takeaways around where I live that do a few
> things that the majority of them do not.
>
> I am particularly taken by some dishes (chicken, pork ribs, prawn) with
> Salt Chilli Pepper. The meal is quite dry with the meat pieces looking
> like they have a coating before cooking and then stir fried with small
> pieces of carrot, onion and chilli rings.
>
> Anyone have any idea of the recipe for these dishes?
>
> Thanks

It's probably similar to
http://forums.egullet.org/index.php?showtopic=88954 --Sichuan Chili
Pepper Chicken. This guy's recipes rock, by the way, so even if it's
not quite right, I'd start with his recipe and then tweak it as you
wish.

Posted to alt.food.asian

Rock Chick wrote:
> I have a couple of Chinese takeaways around where I live that do a few
> things that the majority of them do not.
>
> I am particularly taken by some dishes (chicken, pork ribs, prawn) with
> Salt Chilli Pepper. The meal is quite dry with the meat pieces looking
> like they have a coating before cooking and then stir fried with small
> pieces of carrot, onion and chilli rings.
>
> Anyone have any idea of the recipe for these dishes?
>
> Thanks

i suggest F. Dunlop's Sichuan cookery book. try not
to drool as you read
Posted to alt.food.asian
ian ian is offline

Rona Y wrote:

> Rock Chick wrote:
>
>>I have a couple of Chinese takeaways around where I live that do a few
>>things that the majority of them do not.
>>
>>I am particularly taken by some dishes (chicken, pork ribs, prawn) with
>>Salt Chilli Pepper. The meal is quite dry with the meat pieces looking
>>like they have a coating before cooking and then stir fried with small
>>pieces of carrot, onion and chilli rings.
>>
>>Anyone have any idea of the recipe for these dishes?
>>
>>Thanks

> It's probably similar to
> http://forums.egullet.org/index.php?showtopic=88954 --Sichuan Chili
> Pepper Chicken. This guy's recipes rock, by the way, so even if it's
> not quite right, I'd start with his recipe and then tweak it as you
> wish.

That looks tasty - I might give it a try. Wish they repeated the recipe
text on its own, though.

ian

Posted to alt.food.asian

Rock Chick wrote:
> I have a couple of Chinese takeaways around where I live that do a few
> things that the majority of them do not.
>
> I am particularly taken by some dishes (chicken, pork ribs, prawn) with
> Salt Chilli Pepper. The meal is quite dry with the meat pieces looking
> like they have a coating before cooking and then stir fried with small
> pieces of carrot, onion and chilli rings.
>
> Anyone have any idea of the recipe for these dishes?
>
> Thanks

Thank You Very Much for your ideas, I will try these out and see if they
are a match, although there are other recipes there worth trying too
Yum!!!

BTW, this newsgroup is pretty damn good as you don't get much spam, some
of them are dreadful.
Posted to alt.food.asian

ian wrote:

> That looks tasty - I might give it a try. Wish they repeated the recipe
> text on its own, though.
>
> ian

I agree about the text. I always end up copying and pasting just the
text into Word, but it's a PITA to do. I'll ask if the recipes will
ever be put into RecipeGullet. That's what RG is there for! It would
be quite an undertaking, though, since hzrt8w has more than 70 of these
kinds of recipes ("Food Pictorials")! He has both American-Chinese
recipes, and more traditional Chinese recipes.

See http://forums.egullet.org/index.php?showtopic=75962 if you want to
see them all.

I've made the sweet and sour recipe, lemon chicken, mapodofu, and the
soy sauce chow mein with chicken. The sweet and sour recipe is the
perfect American-Chinese style sweet and sour sauce (and I tried a few
during a sweet and sour craving--can't get good S&S in Japan).