Posted to alt.food.asian

Default singapore

hi people,

flying to singapore next month i wonder if there are
some special recommendations concerning eating out.

the city seem to be full of top restaurants and hawker
centres to check out, so where to start?

any hints? thx a lot!

bye

frank

http://tvc15.blogs.com/

Posted to alt.food.asian

Frank wrote:
> hi people,
>
> flying to singapore next month i wonder if there are
> some special recommendations concerning eating out.
>
> the city seem to be full of top restaurants and hawker
> centres to check out, so where to start?
>
> any hints? thx a lot!
>
> bye
>

> frank
>

> http://tvc15.blogs.com/

was there in 2001 so i'm afraid i don't have any
updated info on the food. i just walked around, saw
crowded food centres and ate there. a couple of
times i ate at this place where there's one lousy
street dedicated to 'street food'. Singapore is
generally a disappointment to me but most disagree
i'm sure. rather Malaysia for food, culture, and
everything else.
Posted to alt.food.asian

In Singapore if you like to go for Street foods head to NEWTON HAWKER CENTRE
in the evening at 5:00PM where most of the stalls are open.At Esplanade a
very popular seafood restaurant "NO SIGNBOARD" best signature dish "White
pepper Crabs".If you are really interested to know more I can send you more
information.

"Frank" > wrote in message
> hi people,
>
> flying to singapore next month i wonder if there are
> some special recommendations concerning eating out.
>
> the city seem to be full of top restaurants and hawker
> centres to check out, so where to start?
>
> any hints? thx a lot!
>
> bye
>

> frank
>

> http://tvc15.blogs.com/

Posted to alt.food.asian

Are you travelling solo or with others? It makes a difference in what,
where, and how much you can eat.

If solo, try Tian Tian at the Maxwell Road Food Center. They have
great chicken rice. I had some last year, and it was as good as the
first time I had it, 7 years earlier.

Generally, I found the Chinese at the Food Centers (formerly known as
"hawker stands") to be best, and easiest for solo eaters. You can try
a multitude of foods without having to worry too much about leftovers.

If you can get your hands on the Makan Sutra food/restaurant guidebook,
you'll eat very well. You can get it at most large bookstores, I
think.

Posted to alt.food.asian

Try this site:
http://www.makansutra.com/index.php

"Rona Y" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Are you travelling solo or with others? It makes a difference in what,
> where, and how much you can eat.
>
> If solo, try Tian Tian at the Maxwell Road Food Center. They have
> great chicken rice. I had some last year, and it was as good as the
> first time I had it, 7 years earlier.
>
> Generally, I found the Chinese at the Food Centers (formerly known as
> "hawker stands") to be best, and easiest for solo eaters. You can try
> a multitude of foods without having to worry too much about leftovers.
>

> If you can get your hands on the Makan Sutra food/restaurant guidebook,
> you'll eat very well. You can get it at most large bookstores, I
> think.

Posted to alt.food.asian

thanx all, iŽll be travelling with my girlfriend.

bye

frank

http://tvc15.blogs.com/

Posted to alt.food.asian

Frank wrote:
> thanx all, iŽll be travelling with my girlfriend.

Well then you have lots of options! I've always wanted to try the
chili pepper crab or other Singaporean specialties, but I'm usually in
Singapore solo, so I don't get to. But you could! No Sign Board is
famous, but so is Sin Huat. If you've ever watched Cook's Tour, that's
where Tony Bourdain ate.

Take a look at http://www.makantime.com/indexbest.html, another good
Singapore-centric food site's look at the best of Singapore. They're
all personal reviews, so ymmv.

I would still go to Tien Tien for chicken rice, though. It's really
good. You can't miss it because of the line-ups. I went around 3pm
and there were a dozen or so people in line in front of me. (TB ate
there, too, btw.)

Also in Little India, try some of the Indian restaurants near Mustafa
department store (a great store if you need to stock up on Indian
ingredients, too, and if your girlfriend likes sari materials!). There
was a fast-food looking restaurant (maybe called MBK?) with two
branches near Mustafa that had very good dosa.

don't forget to try fish head curry! If the thought of it seems
disgusting, you can also get a very good vegetarian version of it in
Chinatown. Now if only I could remember the name of the place....they
have Buddhist literature in display cases just outside, and they only
have vegetarian food. It's maybe 5 minutes from the Maxwell Road Food
Center.

Posted to alt.food.asian

Check this out us , may of some help to you.
enjoy your stay in Singapore.
http://www.visitsingapore.com/publis...l/en/home.html
"Frank" > wrote in message
> thanx all, iŽll be travelling with my girlfriend.
>
> bye
>

> frank
>

> http://tvc15.blogs.com/

swordfish from singapore? [email protected] General Cooking 1 12-09-2007 04:42 PM
Singapore Photos? [email protected] General Cooking 0 07-05-2007 05:43 PM
GAY SINGAPORE Dollars Baking 0 26-06-2006 03:18 PM
Wines in Singapore hvpl Wine 0 15-04-2005 02:27 PM
Singapore Dry Laksa vivian lee Recipes (moderated) 0 17-04-2004 02:52 PM