Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking,alt.food.asian
your ass is collapsing

Default OT (?): Thai food

I like Mexican food but recently moved from the Mexican border to the
San Francisco Bay Area. There are so many excellent Asian restaurants
around here I haven't eaten Mexican once since I got here.

Asian cooking often has lots in common with Mexican. Especially Thai,
I notice the same basic flavors, although the presentation is a bit
different. Thai uses lots of chile, lots of lemongrass (which would
be in the same basic category as lime), and of course onion and
garlic. The only thing not found in Mexican is galangal which is
a relative of ginger. So Mexicans should love Thai food, and aside
from Thai I have seen plenty of Mexicans in Chinese restaurants.

Then there's Thai peanut sauce made with ground peanuts with curry
paste and fish sauce added to it. Spicy, reminiscent of Mexican
mole but without the chocolate. Absolutely delicious, though, I'm
pretty sure I could sell it to the Mexican jardineros around here.
Peanuts, fish sauce, and the curry paste contains chile, lemongrass,
scallions, garlic, and galangal.

Finally, I ate at a Chinese restaurant today and saw them serving
"mu-shu" something or other, I could have sworn it was a burrito.

"Burrito, taco taco...burrito, taco taco taco...don't think just
because I got a lot of money, I'll give you taco-flavored kisses
honey...fullfill all your wishes with my taco-flavored kisses!"
-- Jennifer Lopez

Thai food jau manu Restaurants 0 26-12-2011 09:01 AM
into Thai food? Monica_FineFood General Cooking 3 11-01-2011 08:20 PM
Thai Food | Benjarong Thai Food Restaurant - Chennai | A Slice ofThailand on your Plate mamta Asian Cooking 0 26-10-2009 09:37 AM
Thai Food clay General Cooking 7 22-01-2008 11:10 PM
Thai Food Tigerlilly General Cooking 3 09-04-2006 11:00 PM