David D.

Default Looking for died ginger

A friend brought back some delicious, unsweetened, unsulphered, dried ginger
from their visit to California.

I have not been able to find any either in stores or on the web. All they
seem to sell is "crystallized".

Can you recommend a source?

- David D.

David D.

P.S., This ginger is very thin and tender -- suitable for eating like candy
(which is why I want it). I do not know whether it was dried raw or cooked
first.

- David

"David D." > wrote in message
> A friend brought back some delicious, unsweetened, unsulphered, dried

ginger
> from their visit to California.
>
> I have not been able to find any either in stores or on the web. All

they
> seem to sell is "crystallized".
>
> Can you recommend a source?
>
> - David D.

kalanamak

"David D." wrote:

> P.S., This ginger is very thin and tender -- suitable for eating like candy
> (which is why I want it). I do not know whether it was dried raw or cooked
> first.

True, plain old dried ginger is HARD as a rock. I keep it around to toss
in broth when I happen to be out of fresh. The sell it at Penzey's. It
is not munchie food.
blacksalt
R D Winthrop

> A friend brought back some delicious, unsweetened, unsulphered,
> dried ginger from their visit to California. I have not been able to find any ...

Am unfamiliar with this, but if you're a muncher, you might like
Japanese sushi ginger, sliced thin, generally pink, preserved but not
dried -- it's certainly edible straight from the jar.

regards - rdw