Old 11-08-2014, 01:24 AM posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.asian

Default REQ: Kan Siu beef recipe

On 6/6/2014 5:48 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
On Thu, 05 Jun 2014 16:01:38 -0400, Dan Logcher wrote:

On 6/5/2014 3:20 PM, Ianlechef wrote:
On 05/06/2014 17:57, Sqwertz wrote:
Oh, go **** yourself you. I never did like your unbudging, snotty
hollier-than-thou attitude. You heard what you wanted to hear from
conversations past and I wasted my time genuinely trying to help you.
Help me? Wierd. I didn't ask for your nor anyone else's help.

What happened was that sqertz corrected Oliver RDO, with a very acid tone, picking him up on a
spelling mistake.

I quote

"Once you know how to spell it properly and it's alternate name, you'll
find a enough recipes to get you started.

Fuscia Dunlop"

This did not come across badly when I ready the entire post. Pulling that one line
without the rest for context can sway the tone your way.. but that's not how I read it.

Thank you Dan and Marty. I admit I can be harsh at times (who.. ME?),
but it never occurred to me somebody would find the post in that
context offensive.

-sw

Why is it you treat people so poorly?

Did you have a troubled childhood?

Old 11-08-2014, 01:25 AM posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.asian

On 5/12/2014 4:10 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
On Mon, 12 May 2014 13:58:05 +0200, Ianlechef wrote:

On 25/03/2014 03:33, Sqwertz wrote:
On Mon, 24 Mar 2014 18:07:24 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Wednesday, September 29, 1999 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Karen Otto wrote:
I'm looking for a recipe for a Chinese dish called Kan Siu beef (pronounced
Can Shaw, apparently). The version I had was very thin strips of beef
(approx. julienned) with julienned carrots and snippets of green onion.
It might have been twice cooked until the sauce was absorbed. It was not
hot, but quite flavorful, so it was more than just soy sauce.

Any ideas?

I know it has hoisen sauce in it I am looking as well

OK, lets revive a 15 year old thread...

"Kan SHAO"[1] (notice the spelling) is a more obscure term for "Gan
Bian"[2] style cooking, which refers to a Sichuan "dry-cooking"
technique: Optionally par-cooking something VIA steaming or frying in
oil first, but then transferring to a wok with very minimal oil and
sauces and stir-frying until there is practically no moisture left in
the dish. A classic example of this is the common Sichuan dry-fried
long green beans that most people are familiar with, and that appear
on many menus.

Once you know how to spell it properly and it's alternate name, you'll
find a enough recipes to get you started.

Fuscia Dunlop has several "gan bian" style recipes in her book,
including this one for beef:

http://gourmandistan.com/2011/04/02/...ni-with-clams/
(need to add chile oil or flakes)

[2] Land of Plenty; Dunlop, 2001

-sw

Fuscia

Mind you, searching with the correct first name "Fuschia" might get
better hits.

(if we're being snarky/helpful)

There was no snarkyness intended in my post, asshole. As for the typo
and your spelling flame, there was no reason to spell it right since I
graciously included the link the recipe.

This is whet you get when you post something helpful to the group:
Once narcissistic ****er from Australia and some other petty
petite piqre from France, both who want to start ****ing matches.
It's no wonder there are very few and far between serious food
discussions here, and that alt.food.asian is completely dead.

-sw

Another group you and Marty have killed off, isn't it?
Old 11-08-2014, 01:28 AM posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.asian

Mayo wrote:
Sqwertz wrote:
Dan Logcher wrote:
Ianlechef wrote:
Sqwertz wrote:
[...]

Trouble is the dwarf is still in childhood.

Old 11-08-2014, 02:48 AM posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.asian

On Sun, 10 Aug 2014 18:24:08 -0600, Mayo wrote:

On 6/6/2014 5:48 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
On Thu, 05 Jun 2014 16:01:38 -0400, Dan Logcher wrote:

"Once you know how to spell it properly and it's alternate name, you'll
find a enough recipes to get you started.

Fuscia Dunlop"

I'm coming along late, but if the topic is spelling, she spells it
"Fuchsia," not "Fuscia."

If someone else already said the same thing, my apologies.

Old 11-08-2014, 03:30 AM posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.asian

On 8/10/2014 7:48 PM, Ken Blake, MVP wrote:
On Sun, 10 Aug 2014 18:24:08 -0600, Mayo wrote:

On 6/6/2014 5:48 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
On Thu, 05 Jun 2014 16:01:38 -0400, Dan Logcher wrote:

"Once you know how to spell it properly and it's alternate name, you'll
find a enough recipes to get you started.

Fuscia Dunlop"

I'm coming along late, but if the topic is spelling, she spells it
"Fuchsia," not "Fuscia."

If someone else already said the same thing, my apologies.

We're all green with envy ;-)
Old 11-08-2014, 03:36 AM posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.asian

On 8/10/2014 8:32 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
On Sun, 10 Aug 2014 18:48:32 -0700, Ken Blake, MVP wrote:

On Sun, 10 Aug 2014 18:24:08 -0600, Mayo wrote:

On 6/6/2014 5:48 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
On Thu, 05 Jun 2014 16:01:38 -0400, Dan Logcher wrote:

"Once you know how to spell it properly and it's alternate name, you'll
find a enough recipes to get you started.

Fuscia Dunlop"

I'm coming along late, but if the topic is spelling, she spells it
"Fuchsia," not "Fuscia."

If someone else already said the same thing, my apologies.

Yes, somebody already mentioned it rolling eyes. Not my fault she
can't spell her name right! :-P

Lets revive this thread in another 4 months. See you then!

-sw

Nice of you to kill the group off but put a 4 month revive order on it...