ggg

Default Why shouldn't konbu be washed under running water?

Are they like mushrooms? I wipe them down before including them in soup
I'm making where they're getting soaked anyway.

Thanks!
Tippi

who sez? I think you need to briefly rinse it to get rid of extra salt
or something; it definitely is not like fresh mushrooms (which soak up
extra water and give it back out while cooking making a soggy dish).
ggg

Tippi wrote:

> who sez? I think you need to briefly rinse it to get rid of extra salt
> or something; it definitely is not like fresh mushrooms (which soak up
> extra water and give it back out while cooking making a soggy dish).

the packet and if you do a google
Wazza

"Tippi" > wrote in message
om...
> who sez? I think you need to briefly rinse it to get rid of extra salt
> or something; it definitely is not like fresh mushrooms (which soak up
> extra water and give it back out while cooking making a soggy dish).

because you will wash away that which you are extracting, viz. glutamic
acid, the natural monosodium glutamate,
and you are right, its not like fresh mushroom, 'cause its a seaweed.
cheers
Wazza